Round 18 Discussion

If it's late and unnecessary by all means throw the book at them. I don't consider anything less than about a second as being late.

And they'll be fine as long as they don't go looking for a cheap shot.

Trust the Knights to play the Roosters back into form.

Roosters were a complete rabble for most of this game until the Knights just kept getting worse and now bam, Roosters running away with it.

You have got to be kidding me?

How on earth is that not a knock on? That was worse than Ben Hunt's.

Well, Knights bringing the Rotters into form and giving us extra motivation to catchup on the ladder W wise. Hope our guys takes in a positive way and build our winning streak. Come on the Broncos. Let’s go!!!

You have more faith than I do. Thoughts on the Aloiai hit on Cronk?

I thought it was handled well. Both the referees and video referees cleared it because Cronk juggled it into the line. The MRC charged him because the NRL is looking to get the tackle out of the game and I wish the Tigers would have challenged it just to see if there's any nuance.

And they'll be fine as long as they don't go looking for a cheap shot.

8.05 in this video is the tackle. I'm not even debating the Fifita one, they are not one and the same and that shows the problem as mentioned previously, they are like chalk and cheese.

Kikau is already in the tackling motion as the player passes. What if he throws the dummy? It looks a little bad in super slow mo, looks absolutely fine in normal motion.

8.05 in this video is the tackle. I'm not even debating the Fifita one, they are not one and the same and that shows the problem as mentioned previously, they are like chalk and cheese.

Kikau is already in the tackling motion as the player passes. What if he throws the dummy? It looks a little bad in super slow mo, looks absolutely fine in normal motion.

What video?

If Nicholls throws the dummy, he still gets collected with a crooked tackle. The fact he threw the pass made the situation that much worse for Kikau.

What video?

If Nicholls throws the dummy, he still gets collected with a crooked tackle. The fact he threw the pass made the situation that much worse for Kikau.

Sorry, forgot to add it.

Sorry, forgot to add it.

For what it's worth, I posted vision of the tackle earlier to demonstrate my view. I believe the referees would have shown discretion had Kikau gone in for a normal tackle. However he's gone looking for a big hit, technically it's late and it's resulted in a sin bin. I think it's pretty open and shut and what's throwing a lot of people is the wording.

In fairness, the NRL could be more transparent about the rule.

6-8 weeks out for Friend with a forearm fracture.

Kyle Feldt makes such a difference to the Cowboys. Summed up the play beautifully for Opacic to score, did extremely well to earn a penalty on half-way off the kick off then scored a try I don't think any other player at the Cowboys would have scored. They really missed him at the start of the year and it makes you wonder where they would be placed had he been fit from the start.

Still, Souths are on top here. The Cowboys are getting exposed down their right hand edge and they're not doing enough with the football. They need to try and get Drinkwater more involved. He's been good at mopping up at the back, but they need him asking questions of that Walker-Sutton combination that's traditionally been very weak for the Rabbitohs.

It goes without saying, but Taumalolo is a marvel. I've been considering the Top 100 players of the decade recently and I think I'd find a spot for him in my Top 5.

South's look a bit toothless in the forwards with the Burgii

Souffs seem to have gotten worse as the season has gone on... Hmm.. Broncos seem to have a solid plan in place that is showing signs of an improving young squad... Hmm... Its almost as if the souffs had a better system and team in place and broncos had to re-do all the crap that hadn't won us a premiership in 13 years or that coach at the time a premiership in 9 years.. Strange...

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.