Round 18 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
31963.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Brookie Bob - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 15, 2021
Kevvie seems like a genuine sort of person, and a 'good bloke'. Having said that, I don't know if he's the smartest NRL coach going around. Time will tell, but he seems ok with a chock full of talent side (like a SOO team) in getting them to gell for a limited series of matches - but very inconsistent with varying levels of talent and application in a squad like the Broncos. The eagerness of many players wanting to get out and sign with other clubs should be a warning sign.

I am not sure it is a warning sign to Kevvie when those players were flogs anyway.

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 9,885
Dufty, Naden, TPJ, Vaughan, Burton. Quite a wee posse the Bulldogs are assembling after quite a few signings last year. There is definitely a chance for them to self-destruct with those personalities. All brilliant offensively brilliant on their good days, some offensive on their worst. I don't see Barrett as the one to keep tabs on them, I hope the days of having drinks with his players are done.

Surely They can't afford Brandon Smith now?

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
Imagine being the guy who has worked hard through preseason and the season itself to play in the GF only to miss out to a last minute, temporary ring-in with a shit attitude.

Surely Cleary wouldn't do that to one of his Pennies whanau.

713.jpg

Imagine being the guy who has worked hard through preseason and the season itself to play in the GF only to miss out to a last minute, temporary ring-in with a shit attitude.

Surely Cleary wouldn't do that to one of his Pennies whanau.

I thought I heard they were doing it because JFH will potentially be missing for the birth of his child.

713.jpg

Dufty, Naden, TPJ, Vaughan, Burton. Quite a wee posse the Bulldogs are assembling after quite a few signings last year. There is definitely a chance for them to self-destruct with those personalities. All brilliant offensively brilliant on their good days, some offensive on their worst. I don't see Barrett as the one to keep tabs on them, I hope the days of having drinks with his players are done.

Surely They can't afford Brandon Smith now?

I don't even know how they can afford Vaughan, they've already spent big on Burton, JAC, Cotric, Allan, Naden, TPJ, Flanagan, Elliott, Jackson. To attract anyone to the club in previous years they have had to spend overs, so they must already be pretty close to the cap.

713.jpg
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

I don't even know how they can afford Vaughan, they've already spent big on Burton, JAC, Cotric, Allan, Naden, TPJ, Flanagan, Elliott, Jackson. To attract anyone to the club in previous years they have had to spend overs, so they must already be pretty close to the cap.

I think this is Brisbane two years on. They were in a hell of a mess after Hasler moved on and had multiple players in back ended contracts (Hasler's fave), and were playing for players to be playing for other clubs. Sound familiar?

I can't remember exactly, but I have a feeling at the same time they were docked money for consecutive years for breaching the salary cap too.

They identified 2021 at the time as the year they could spend again. I was more surprised they had money for some reasonable names last year tbh.

This one of the reasons that I believe Dean Pay was dudded. He was on a hiding to nothing and I'm surprised they didn't stick with him like the Eels did with Arthur.

Cowbros what's Jensen's reputation like in the Stampede? Is he just a plodder or one of those frustrating fringe first graders who just can't string enough quality performances together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Kev_Guz
  • Nerd
  • Behold
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • Robboi_321
  • TimWhatley
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Financeguy
  • Splinter
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • Big Del
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.