[Round 19, 2021] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
QLD is the winner:

Most are dumb and / or too young to begin with and then they are placed on this pedestal and are simply not mentally equipped to deal with it (which should not be read as an excuse for most of the dumb shit they do).

This then leads to their perception of what is normal, be it income, professional performance expectation (i.e. continue to **** up and / or underperform / under deliver yet still get paid, handsomely), the everyday struggles a lot of people experience or just their poor behaviour in general etc. etc. being so misconstrued or misguided it’s embarrassing.
[/QUOTE]
Been saying similar things for 15 years or more on this site.
I've always thought the whole 'role model' thing is utter crap. An elite sportsperson, a busdriver or factory worker etc when busted for drnkdriving etc should all receive the same treatment. If you raise children and hold up sportspeople as role models you're getting it wrong.[/QUOTE]

Here you go, Huge.

View attachment 14243
View attachment 14244

View attachment 14245
1st and 3rd lead to direct tries. 2nd was the 3rd try, i.e. the play before.

Your guy messed up - if he didnt rush up, the others wouldnt have had to compress or it would've held Wests up a bit more. Hopefully he moves up with his teammates this time (i.e. tells them he's about to) or holds the line.

Of course you will reply saying it's Glenn's fault for not covering the inside or Herbie's fault for not containing the ball.
I am not going to blame one player alone as i think glenn, croft, herbie and our defensive coach were collectively responsible for the left side issues. On a larger scale i think it shows the significant communication and defensive system issues we have.

Croft: from the body positions of our other defenders (glenn), it looks like they are adopting a sliding defence system, however croft has pushed up direct and hard with a lot of line speed. He is not working with the rest of the defensive line (this is where his fault lies).

I can empathise with croft as i would actually like our whole line to have his line speed because if this was done together it would cut the ball players time with the ball and stop the ball going wider, rather than our current method which watches the ball player skip across our line and provide ample time to make a play.

Glenn: has barely moved off the defensive line and is sliding (being really passive in defence which i hate about our current defensive systems). He and croft are not communicating with each other as to how they should be working together. Glenn is the captain and should be in croft's ear constantly.

Herbie: is being caught in no man's land. He is matching the passive line speed with the rest of the team's defensive strategy and only responding late when croft shoots off the line (either this has not been communicated by croft or he is late to respond). Because croft has shot off the line, there is a big gap between he and croft that a second rower or centre can angle their run into. As such, herbie pushes into close it and when the ball is played out the back, leaves oates marking 2-3 players on his own.

The primary issue is that they are all working as individuals rather than a unit. The defensive coach should be drilling them to death as to how to communicate and operate as a unit.

To me it looks like croft is still playing the way melbourne defends (which i think works better when used by the entire team) but when the rest of the team is not playing that structure or different structures we end up with the issues we had last week.

I am not going to blame one player alone as i think glenn, croft, herbie and our defensive coach were collectively responsible for the left side issues. On a larger scale i think it shows the significant communication and defensive system issues we have.

Croft: from the body positions of our other defenders (glenn), it looks like they are adopting a sliding defence system, however croft has pushed up direct and hard with a lot of line speed. He is not working with the rest of the defensive line (this is where his fault lies).

I can empathise with croft as i would actually like our whole line to have his line speed because if this was done together it would cut the ball players time with the ball and stop the ball going wider, rather than our current method which watches the ball player skip across our line and provide ample time to make a play.

Glenn: has barely moved off the defensive line and is sliding (being really passive in defence which i hate about our current defensive systems). He and croft are not communicating with each other as to how they should be working together. Glenn is the captain and should be in croft's ear constantly.

Herbie: is being caught in no man's land. He is matching the passive line speed with the rest of the team and only responding late when croft shoots off the line (either this has no been communicated by croft or he is laye to respond). Because croft has shot off the line, there is a big gap between he and croft that a second rower or centre can angle their run into. As such, herbie pushes into close it and when the ball is played out the back, leaves oates marking 2-3 players on his own.

The primary issue is that they are all working as individuals rather than a unit. The defensive coach should be drilling them to death as to how to communicate and operate as a unit.

To me it looks like croft is still playing the way melbourne defends (which i think works better when used by the entire team) but when the rest of the team is not playing that structure or different structures we end up with the issues we had last week.
Largely correct. I do think there's blame to go around here but haters and agenda driven folk don't notice how many times in a game Croft effectively shuts down backline moves, how many times he forces the ball carrier back inside and how many times he stops a movement there and then.

I don't think Croft is a great player, he's not but like many before him he's giving it his best with limited attacking ability. I do think his defence as a halfback is pretty darn good but we need more from a halfback. We need the whole packàge. Hopefully Renault gives us that.

Largely correct. I do think there's blame to go around here but haters and agenda driven folk don't notice how many times in a game Croft effectively shuts down backline moves, how many times he forces the ball carrier back inside and how many times he stops a movement there and then.

I don't think Croft is a great player, he's not but like many before him he's giving it his best with limited attacking ability. I do think his defence as a halfback is pretty darn good but we need more from a halfback. We need the whole packàge. Hopefully Renault gives us that.
Watching melbourne their halves push up hard (which is where i believe he got this trait from), but it is consistently effective as the centres and second rowers go with them and are only maybe a step behind, so it does not open gaps and eliminates long balls due to the risk of intercepts.

I remember cronk had some defensive issues when he first went to the roosters as he was doing similar (pushing up off the line but centre and second row not matching him). He had to adjust to the roosters system.

If Croft laid on three tries and made 42 tackles, 4 line breaks and zero errors two or three posters would say ' Croft was okay today', the rest it'd be stoney silence.

Same with Isaako, he could score 4 tries and kick 7 from 7, all from the sideline and we'd have postefs saying 'fucking Isaako, he could have got closer to the sticks, good fullbacks do that' despite him playing wing!

It doesn't matter what the scapegoats do, even scapegoats from previous years like Boyd still get blamed, linked to whatever the most recent calamity happens to be. If we were winning these imagined sins(some valid) would hardly be spoken of.

More honoured in the breach than the observance.

Jeez you talk a lot of bull shit !

Jeez you talk a lot of bull shit !

That's been the case for a long time but amidst all that rubbish, there are sometimes real chunks of insight.

There is no doubt in my mind women target them knowing if they can bait them into something crude then they are in line for a major payday as any media outlet will be paying big to hear the story.

The Jarryd Hayne incident, I am not for a single second condoning what he did but she was literally throwing herself at him via the texts and all of that, he's a footy player not a mastermind psychologist, if someone says come on over and let's fk.. he's gonna go over there fully expecting to do the dirty, not prepared for what might have happened if she changed her mind at any stage.

Again, not condoning unconsented sex but as I said, women know full and well who the big name footy players are and if they can lure them into something, they absolutely will.
Mate. Did you know that we can agree to have sex with you, and then when we realise that you're terrible with a tiny penis, we can change our minds and want you to stop, and if you don't stop right that second. That's rape.

It’s fucking insane that this chick ***** this woman’s husband and then messages her talking about it and then screen shots those personal messages and the Uber receipt and shares it with the media.

Im not excusing Api at all but What a low piece of shit. Psychopath behaviour
Gotta love the UK tabloids. Wonder how much money they paid instead of the Telegraph, who probably want to protect the Panthers.

That's been the case for a long time but amidst all that rubbish, there are sometimes real chunks of insight.
We all have opinions. I disagree with Huge sometimes but I always like the chat. Even though he has been critical or scathing of my views at times I can't say that he ever really pissed me off or stopped me wanting to interact with him.

I am actually coming around to his view about Croft. He does shoot out of the line but it might be just a defensive system tweak thst is needed rather than an error in crofts game. He might end up a good foil for Reynolds with his running game. I also agree with his views about Farnworth. He needs to be moved to the wing. On Isaako we will have to agree to disagree.

It’s fucking insane that this chick ***** this woman’s husband and then messages her talking about it and then screen shots those personal messages and the Uber receipt and shares it with the media.

Im not excusing Api at all but What a low piece of shit. Psychopath behaviour
True but he used and abused her so well played i say

True but he used and abused her so well played i say
Did he?

he’s definitely a dog for what he did to his wife and family but I don’t see what he did wrong to her? What was she expecting

Any odds on how long till the next bubble breach?

Any odds on how long till the next bubble breach?
It’s guaranteed to have already happened, probably even happening right now. The question is, who will be the next to get stung

edit: yeah what Sproj said

Poster: 'the sky is blue'
Angry old man: 'wrong. That is false and unless you can provide evidence otherwise then it is incorrect'
Poster: *sends photo of blue sky*
Angry old man: 'what does a picture prove? This is still wrong and you have a blue sky agenda'

Jeez... was it like this back when we used to win games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.