Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kikau has re-signed with the Panthers.

Usually when an opposition player re-signs with their club the same week they play us, that team tends to win well and the commentators spend the whole time blowing their loads over said player.
He is a boom rookie forward though and will tear us a new one if we give him anything that even looks like space. Unfortunately for us I think he runs on Robert's/Isakko's wing. Mind you I don't think Kahu is any better at present. He needs to re-gain those kilos of muscle lost due to the broken jaw before he is able to show some proper strength in the tackle.

Last edited:
Sounds like the might be trying to stiffen up that left side.

I'm not sure putting Boyd there would be the best option, but it's worth a shot at least.

I'm not sure putting Boyd there would be the best option, but it's worth a shot at least.

Unless they are worried about them targeting Oates again under the high ball, but then again, Kahu is pretty reliable under the high ball. Maybe there is more to this Boyd retiring than meets the eye. Seems odd to transition Issako at this stage.

It's been pretty much confirmed.

@Porthoz you finally got your wish. Darius Boyd at left centre.

Well it certainly makes sense. Boyd has been average at fullback all year, this change may even prolong his career slightly because his decline at fullback has been alarmingly fast.

Something I saw in the last few minutes of the first half. A Warriors player dropped a knee into the face of a Bronco whow as attempting a tackle. The ref was a few metres away in direct view of it and did absolutely nothing. Nothing has been said about it but I will try find it
Good;I thought I'd imagined that I saw that.

Ha! Came in here to say “Wayne finally logging on to bhq”

Although Boyd's defence and his many attempted grabs of late will need to be banished to history if the move is to work. Isakko breaking the line with Roberts looming up on his outside may well be a scenario we will have to get accustomed too. It might be a bit late in the season but you still need to applaud WB for at least giving it a go. It already feels liberating knowing we have a free running FB again.

No wonder Isaako signed for 4 years. the hustler must have negotiated for immediate fullback duty. Kids got some pull. But can he ball play?

Last edited:
No wonder Isaako signed for 4 years. the hustler must have negotiated for immediate fullback duty. Kids got some pull. But can he ball play?

I don’t see it as super necessary right now with his ability to actually run and break the line. That alone will create space and he just needs to draw and pass. But no doubt Boyd will still run a sweep every so often and will be helping him with that part of his game. The sweep hasn’t really been working lately anyway

Also something we know about Isaako is he takes pride in doing extras

Isaako is training at fullback, Boyd left centre and Kahu wing.

Wow! At-last my wish coming true. Putting Boyd on left center & shifting Kahu back to Jimmy's wing would do wonders for mine. Kahu's never fit at center. He's always unlucky there. Let's hope the switch would do wonders if they stick to it for rest of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • sooticus
  • Mr Fourex
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • Organix
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • cento
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • Tim K
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.