vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about that @Foordy? Kahu is so bad defensively that we're re-shuffling the whole backline to get him out of there again :)

Last edited:
Very interesting move. According to some Bennett would never Boyd from fullback because of his bias?

I really like the move if true, I think Boyd would be an outstanding centre and could easily see out his contract there.

I'm.yet to be convinced by Isaako as a fullback, being a good runner isn't enough, hopefully he has some ball playing ability and isn't a hog AKA Hoffman. Hard to say until we see him in the position

Very interesting move. According to some Bennett would never Boyd from fullback because of his bias?

I really like the move if true, I think Boyd would be an outstanding centre and could easily see out his contract there.

I'm.yet to be convinced by Isaako as a fullback, being a good runner isn't enough, hopefully he has some ball playing ability and isn't a hog AKA Hoffman. Hard to say until we see him in the position

He can't be any more one dimensional than Boyd has been for the past 18 rounds

How about that @Foordy? Kahu is so bad defensively that we're re-shuffling the whole backline to get him out of there again :)

tenor.gif

The warriors game could be the final nail in the 2018 coffin. It's gonna be hard to cover so many injuries and expect the young guys to maintain a high level. You never know what they'll produce in the remaining games but I'm expecting a few heavy losses coming
That's the opposite of what I'm expecting.

The most interesting part of this move is that.. is Bird gone?

If this works and Isaako looks good at Fullback / Boyd strengthens the left side defensively, I don't see how Bird cracks the starting 13 next season. We'll have an abundance of edge back rowers & locks.. And hypothetically the 1/3/4 spots will all be sewed up. That really only leaves the halves.. which I can think we all agree, is probably the least ideal spot for him long-term with Milford already there.

Shit, I just traded out Isaako in super coach.

If this works and Isaako looks good at Fullback / Boyd strengthens the left side defensively, I don't see how Bird cracks the starting 13 next season. We'll have an abundance of edge back rowers & locks.. And hypothetically the 1/3/4 spots will all be sewed up. That really only leaves the halves.. which I can think we all agree, is probably the least ideal spot for him long-term with Milford already there.

This could possibly be Boyd's last year. I think Bird will either be centre in that scenario, or lock or half back otherwise.

Unless...Bird goes to 9...he’d get all the ball he desires there.

This could possibly be Boyd's last year.

Huh? He signed a 4 year extension 6 months ago rofl, he's not going to give up 3 years of salary because of poor form.

Are you still expecting the resurgence of form you spoke of recently?
Yes, I was frankly disappointed with last week but yes, I am still of the opinion that we can give it a real shake. Sometimes with a young side they get a little cocky after a good shutout like the week before and they turn up with an average attitude but last weeks lesson, nay humiliation might just be the huge toe up the bunghole a few needed. I expect them to rip in and all complacency gone. That said, to win it all we may be an experienced leader short. We just have to get more experience in the halves.

well lets see ...

our left side defense has been a problem all year

we have had a revolving door at the left center position

could it be that there is a defensive issue with the player playing just inside them ... I wonder who that could be? while that player is defending there, no amount of positional changes will help, the left center is always going to be concerned about covering this players man as well as his own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.