Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I’m not sure if this completely came through on the broadcast but from being at the game the Panthers are amongst the grubbiest team in the comp. I’m not sure if this is their usual standard but last night they were disgusting. Utter fuckwits.

Whatever it was they did, it wasn’t as bad as milf pulling CHN’s hair

Tell you what, I've seen them call this offside this season.

Cutting it very close with this one.

Vlcsnap 2018 07 21 11h13m30s518

I don't mind that the Panthers scored 18 points in the second half.

They came out a different side than what they were in the first half, they were holding the ball and throwing it around. They were always going to score a couple of tries.

Teams that have big leads tend to clock off a bit and concede a few tries, it's a common thing. It also didn't help that the refs were letting Panthers get away with murder and they got the rub of the green. Panthers scored one of those tries off a forward pass that would have been called if it was at the start of the game.

The pleasing thing is the fact that the Broncos fought their way back into it and scored more tries of their own and the second half ended up being 18-18.

One thing i noticed was much more talk being heard by Boyd. Maybe it was because he was in the line and easier to pickup from mic's. Well done to him, he played well. Kodi also played well.

The things that worrys me is we tend to be a confidence team in the halves. For a small period in the second half when the Panthers were really throwing anything around Kodi and Milf went quiet and started to make a few errors and mis-timing passes and kicks. If they were to hold strong, a better kick or better play choice could mean the difference between getting an extra 30m territory for the next defensive set.

I also think Macca has slowed up a bit out of dummy half. His passes at times were struggling to keep up with the play speed, something that has concerned me for a while. Maybe i am nit picking and wanting a perfect world.

Tell you what, I've seen them call this offside this season.

Cutting it very close with this one.

Looks like the Broncos player on Milfords right is just offside as his right foot looks ahead of milfords if you compare their distance from the 30 meter line but I've seen plenty of worse decisions all year

Stats like this mean nothing in my opinion. I don’t know why people love to talk about them. Knights won in 2001 after letting in 49 in a regular season match. Does this mean that if Kahu had missed one of his kicks at goal, Panthers would still be contenders? But because we reached 50, somehow they’re all done? Or what if the Panthers do manage to win this year? Turns out that 51 was the magic number all along I guess.

I understand that teams that win premierships do so on the back of good defence, and having someone run up a cricket score on you is a bad prognostic sign. But any team can have a bad day, and run into a team having a great day. How many times have we seen that with Origin fatigue affecting a host of Brisbane players? That’s more or less what happened last night, and to their credit the Panthers made a good fist of it in the second half. They’re still as good a chance as anyone in the bottom half of the 8.
I was supplying background information I'd heard during the Fox broadcast. It doesn't mean I give it any weight.

Last edited:
Quick update on the penalty counts for the year

Broncos Penalty Counts:

Round 1: Dragons 9 - Broncos 7
Round 2: Cowboys 11 - Broncos 5
Round 3: Tigers 9 - Broncos 7
Round 4: Broncos 11 - Titans 4
Round 5: Knights 5 - Broncos 4
Round 6: Warriors 8 - Broncos 4
Round 7: Broncos 8 - Storm 6
Round 8: Rabbitohs 8 - Broncos 6
Round 9: Broncos 8 - Bulldogs 3
Round 10: Broncos 10 - Sea Eagles 9
Round 11: Roosters 11 - Broncos 6
Round 12: Broncos 6 - Eels 9
Round 13: Bye
Round 14: Storm 12 - Broncos 7
Round 15: Broncos 6 - Sharks 6
Round 16: Broncos 8 - Raiders 8
Round 17: Titans 12 - Broncos 8
Round 18: Broncos 9 - Warriors 7
Round 19: Panthers 10 - Broncos 8

Penalty Counts Won - 5
Penalty Counts Lost - 11
Penalty Counts Drew - 2

Penalties For: 128 Penalties
Penalties Against: 147 Penalties

Gee I wonder if that’s why [HASHTAG]#PenaltyBroncos[/HASHTAG] has gone quiet as of late. Stats are finally putting those muppets firmly in their soap box

One thing i noticed was much more talk being heard by Boyd. Maybe it was because he was in the line and easier to pickup from mic's. Well done to him, he played well. Kodi also played well.

The things that worrys me is we tend to be a confidence team in the halves. For a small period in the second half when the Panthers were really throwing anything around Kodi and Milf went quiet and started to make a few errors and mis-timing passes and kicks. If they were to hold strong, a better kick or better play choice could mean the difference between getting an extra 30m territory for the next defensive set.

I also think Macca has slowed up a bit out of dummy half. His passes at times were struggling to keep up with the play speed, something that has concerned me for a while. Maybe i am nit picking and wanting a perfect world.
I wrote something about that when I saw the team rearranged. I thought it would be easier for Boyd to direct them around being so much closer.

The camera angle they used makes Kodi look in line. If you show that from the touchies view he would be a pace ahead of the kick.
I thought he was offside at the kick and thought no way it could stand.

I thought he was offside at the kick and thought no way it could stand.
Is it still judged solely on the front-most grounded foot? Because Nikorima's grounded foot is about 30cm ahead of Milford's grounded foot. However Milford's grounded foot is his rear foot and Nikorima's is his front foot and Nikorima's torso is behind the ball and behind Milford's. There's also the possibility that the frame prior to this one would still show the ball on Milford's boot but Nikorima's front foot would be airborne.

Is it still judged solely on the front-most grounded foot? Because Nikorima's grounded foot is about 30cm ahead of Milford's grounded foot. However Milford's grounded foot is his rear foot and Nikorima's is his front foot and Nikorima's torso is behind the ball and behind Milford's. There's also the possibility that the frame prior to this one would still show the ball on Milford's boot but Nikorima's front foot would be airborne.
I thought he had to be behind the ball as it leaves the boot.

Both feet must be behind the foot that makes contact with the ball.

He was onside, but it was very close. I've seen them call that offside before.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.