Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The 2nd one of the 2nd half I'm pretty sure. He arm grabbed and completely missed the tackle which led to a try

That try is on Roberts.

He rushed up on Maloney which created the overlap and Kahu was left to defend against two men. He was put in a bad situation because of his centre and he was never going to come out on top.

Milf fined but Maloney gets off

Last edited:
I don't see why this wasn't a penalty. It was absolute unnecessary.

If we did this, it sure as shit would have been penalty to the Panthers.

ezgif-1-aec269ab5d.gif

Because Milf isn’t JT.

I don't see why this wasn't a penalty. It was absolute unnecessary.

If we did this, it sure as shit would have been penalty to the Panthers.

ezgif-1-aec269ab5d.gif

Another unexplained incident was our player being deliberately taken out when Boyd scored.
Surely that's 10 in bin even though we scored.
The commentators on fox didn't go near it.

Last edited:
Really Impressed with Milford's attitude last night. Whenever he gets hit hard when kicking he can go into his shell but he kept getting smacked hard last night and kept getting up and going again and got results for his effort

I don’t get to go to games very often and today was the first since we beat the Panthers at the last minute at Suncorp in 2016.
Today was my sons 10 birthday so when we saw a couple of months ago that Broncos were playing Panthers (my brides team) on his birthday we thought we must go.
I watch the Panthers most weeks and thought we might be in trouble and they might spoil my boys birthday trip and finally put a smile on my wife’s face (she has never seen them win live in 15 years! She’s cursed)
Well it worked out to be a fkn brilliant game to go see. You don’t get to see the boys score 50 very often and my boys smile lit up Suncorp. The mrs wasn’t too upset as she’s used to seeing them lose live and our sons smile made it worth it.
Great night out at Suncorp!!

That's what it's all about. Well, at least that's how it all started for me.

I can't remember my first game, but it must have been early on, as I recall Dad talking about Lewis. The game that sticks out though was one against the Sharks. It was 2-2 at half time, and the Broncos went on to win 40-2. It was just amazing.

It'll be your son on this forum in the years to come, talking about taking his kids and his Dad to Broncos games.

Really Impressed with Milford's attitude last night. Whenever he gets hit hard when kicking he can go into his shell but he kept getting smacked hard last night and kept getting up and going again and got results for his effort

I think that's why he ended up pulling that Penrith players hair. Not sure what his name is. But that player then went chasing after Milford, what a loser.

I think that's why he ended up pulling that Penrith players hair. Not sure what his name is. But that player then went chasing after Milford, what a loser.

To quote Fatty: ‘a hyphenate brother’

(CHN. JFH has cornrows for some reason?)

Another unexplained incident was our player being deliberately taken out when Boyd scored.
Surely that's 10 in bin even though we scored.
The commentators on fox didn't go near it.

Yeah I thought the same thing.

It's pretty much stock standard with the NRL these days.

If you're up by 20 points or more - pretty much every call will go against you.

Think of the (failing rapidly) ratings I guess is their logic.

You make a very telling point about ratings @CaptHook. In fact the mediatisation of Australian sport in general is also greatly responsible for the drop off in crowd attendance which will ultimately lead to viewer apathy. It's a bit like turkies voting for Christmas.

Yeah I thought the same thing.

It's pretty much stock standard with the NRL these days.

If you're up by 20 points or more - pretty much every call will go against you.

Think of the (failing rapidly) ratings I guess is their logic.

Even if the scores were level the player would not have been sent to the bin because the Broncos scored from it. Players don't get put in the bin if the team scores regardless of the score etc.

If we didn't score, then he would have been sent to the bin.

5. Jamayne Isaako - For his first game at FB in the top grade, I thought he went pretty damn alright. I would've liked him to show a bit more with ball playing instead of being safe with the kick returns but I also like how he didn't just throw himself into the thick of it too rashly either. Very happy to see him stay there for the rest of the season. 7
2. Corey Oates - That set play tho. It could be a way to strike a nice balance with Oates wing work and coming in for a nice 2nd rower set play every now and then on the opposition line to keep him content. I really will be so bitter if he goes. 7
3. James Roberts - Loved having Jet back. That chase and try for the Nikorima toe punt was boootiful to watch. When he's at full pace he is deadset lethal. He reminds me so much of Renouf. A few lazy defensive lapses keep his score a bit low. 7
1. Darius Boyd - His first game at centre in ages and he did pretty well. At least good enough to justify the change with Isaako. As long as he defends well and passes to Oates when he needs to, I couldn't give a stuff if he's there. 6
4. Jordan Kahu - In a generally awesome team performance, I think he was on the more quieter side of things. Picked up the goalkicking admirably after Isaako did his leg but don't have much to say for him. 5
6. Anthony Milford - I loved what he brought in this one. His long kicking was probably the best he's ever done, including the 40/20 and 40/25. He ran the ball a healthy amount too and had the Pennies panicking. Great stuff Milfman. 8
7. Kodi Nikorima - The best game of his career, and it is scary how much of a non contest it is. He evolved into a higher form yesterday, Kodi. Not many players pull off 2 intercept tries in one half, his kick on for Roberts try was brilliant, and his passes were slick especially the one for Oates try in the middle. If Kodi played even half this good for even 4 games prior to this one we'd be sitting pretty in the top 4. 9
15. Joe Ofahengaue - A very solid starting Prop performance. He got us on a roll early and probably set us up for the dominant 1st half we had. I like this arrangement with him starting and Lodge coming off the bench. Our engine room never felt like it weakened. 8
9. Andrew McCullough - He seemed to lift a gear or two with the rest of the team. His passes stuck the landing a lot more than usual and he was his usual defensive best apart from not leading the troops in the ruck work and leaving the middle loose in the 2nd half. So above average basically. 6
10. Sam Thaiday - He led from the front in the forwards last night which was very good to see. His hitups had some starch to them and he nailed the quick PTBs and didn't slack off with the penalties. Maybe he really is serious about going out a winner. 8
11. Alex Glenn - Another one who was on the quieter end of things, but he served his Alex Glenn role. His defence was fairly solid and he kept his opposition number honest. 6
12. Tevita Pangai Junior - Man this guy is some player. You can tell the truly great players out from the rest of the flock when they leave the field and their absence is immediately felt. He was making a mess of the Pennies line all night. Fucking love him. 9
13. Josh McGuire - The ball still has an annoying habit of dying with him on the 4th but otherwise, it was a signature McGuire showing. Real solid hitups and defence in the middle. Overshadowed a tad by other forwards who were just better. 7

14. Kotoni Staggs - One of the more quiet showings we've seen from Staggs. I really can't remember when he actually came on. He didn't do anything stupid from memory though so happy to give him more time to grow. 5
8. Matthew Lodge - Another one who probably had his best game ever. Mongrel in his hitups, 170 run metres, 20 tackles and a try. You really can't expect any more than something like that from a Prop. A+ re-signing. 9
16. Korbin Sims - Another one who didn't shame himself but he was well outshone by other players, especially in the forwards. His absence next year really won't be felt, I would've thought. 5
19. David Fifita - He was pretty good from what I remember. Came damn close to scoring a try, showed plenty of intent in attack and defence and did well discipline wise. He'll be a hell of a player one day. 6

Last edited:
Even if the scores were level the player would not have been sent to the bin because the Broncos scored from it. Players don't get put in the bin if the team scores regardless of the score etc.

If we didn't score, then he would have been sent to the bin.

I agree with all of that.

But isn't that a bit weird? Does that really make sense?

Is that how a professional sport would act? You were fouled but hey you scored a try so all good right...?

Wouldn't a professional sport both award a try and bin the offending player?

I agree with all of that.

But isn't that a bit weird? Does that really make sense?

Is that how a professional sport would act? You were fouled but hey you scored a try so all good right...?

Wouldn't a professional sport both award a try and bin the offending player?

No it doesn't make much sense. Regardless of whether they score or not, a professional foul has been committed and the offender should be binned. They used to do that, but they don't anymore unfortunately.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • porouian
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • levikaden
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Brotherdu
  • winslow_wong
... and 40 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.