Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Worst season of NRL I can remember. The gap in standard between top 3, middle tier, and bottom teams has never been wider. A middle tier team like Parra can rock up in 2nd or 3rd gear and still comfortably beat the cripple sides. Cripple sides can get all the calls, rub of the green, and luck and still lose by 30 against the top sides. Something's gone very wrong not just with the broncs but the whole competition.

Isn't this the exact thing the salary cap was designed to prevent, a drastically uneven competition?

The first thing our new coach will have to do, and it's a big ask, is to systematically dismantle Seibold's gameplans. Utter shit. He is a coaching disgrace. So many bad habits learned and it will be hard to unlearn.

If the Broncos fans are over it, imagine how the players feel. We're over the 6-agains out of nowhere, we're feeling hard done by, we're getting bad calls. Now remember that we haven't even touched a blade of grass on the field, put in effort, trained, worked and struggled only to see the same inconsistency every week. Why wouldn't you just give up? They're not even allowed to criticise the refs, swear at the calls or anything. It's a tribute to them that they keep turning up. I wish they were tougher, but every time they've tried and deserved to win, they've come undone.

Pretty apt finish to the live thread... well done @Aldo

Last edited:
The first thing our new coach will have to do, and it's a big ask, is to systematically dismantle Seibold's gameplans. Utter shit. He is a coaching disgrace. So many bad habits learned and it will be hard to unlearn.

Change the training music to something the players can't stand. I want them angry, irritated and pissed off by game day.

Liking Hoppa though. He brought energy with a his nugget low base jinking runs.
Looked more likely than the starters, has an offload and would do well starting at lock IMO

Train staggs at 6 for next week because I got a feeling he might have his best game of the year next week.

Bloody oath. On effort tonight, he probably had more impact than SOS, Croft or Dearden had all year.

I thought we competed well in parts. Our defence much improved. Jamil Hopoate is a bull terrier. Ben Te'o we should keep. Ball security and a few defensive lapses. Penalties will always hurt you. Not the Eels best night. A much improved team in such a short period. Phil Murphy was right about Seibold being a cancer to this club. Wonder if we can sue Anthony for Fraud? Deliberately misrepresenting himself as a Head Coach. Kind of like Catfishing...

Big Ups to the Donkos for lowering themselves to our level. We would not of beaten any other NRL team tonight!

good luck next week for the Spoon race 🤣😂🤣😂
Get yourself checked for aids, that game was awful.

It's a strange round of the competition and we saw it last night with the Rabbitohs/Bulldogs where the finals bound team just didn't want to get dirty and started making some very lazy errors to lose it. It was similar from the Eels tonight and aside from a couple of passages in the game, they really struggled.

Brisbane were still out-classed but it's to be expected with so many players missing and two players having to come off mid-way through the game. They actually did well to keep it to 26-12, especially with the second half being 6-all and one of those coming from an intercept.

A couple of nice signs, I really enjoyed the break from Bullemor.

I agree about the energy but his defence is all over the shop. No one is working together.
He left a few holes, but generally better then normal from centre, but atleast he doesn't get bulldozed like SoS and Croft by the opposing forwards.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Redux
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.