Herman Ese'ese
Coach: Michael MaguireCoach: Wayne Bennett
Referees: Jared Maxwell, Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Bryan Norrie, Ashley Klein
Kick-Off: 7:30pm
Broadcast: Fox Sports 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing place with half backs. Milford to right hand side and Ben hunt to left hand side.

I want to see:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu (Opacic if fit, with Kahu too the wing)
4. Roberts
5. Seve (Kahu if Opacic is fit)
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Wallace
16. Thaiday
17. TPJ/Offahengue

To crush the Bunnies, see them driven before us and hear the lamentations of their women.

For some reason, I imagine you saying this in a Scottish kilt and armour with multi-coloured face paint.

I want to see:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu (Opacic if fit, with Kahu too the wing)
4. Roberts
5. Seve (Kahu if Opacic is fit)
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Wallace
16. Thaiday
17. TPJ/Offahengue

Yeah I agree with this as always from you, Foordy but I would also like to see Blair given a rocket and told that enough is enough. Play like Storm-Blair and not Tigers-Blair. One more Tigersish performance and you're out of the side.

Yeah I agree with this as always from you, Foordy but I would also like to see Blair given a rocket and told that enough is enough. Play like Storm-Blair and not Tigers-Blair. One more Tigersish performance and you're out of the side.

I actually wouldn't have put either Thaiday or Blair in the side, but i think we need their experience ... but Bennett certainly needs to give both a rocket.

we need Storm/Kiwi Blair and QLD/Australia Thaiday

I actually wouldn't have put either Thaiday or Blair in the side, but i think we need their experience ... but Bennett certainly needs to give both a rocket.

we need Storm/Kiwi Blair and QLD/Australia Thaiday

Completely true but I can't help but think QLD/Australia Thaiday is a far, far more likely event than Storm/Kiwi Blair. I think Thaiday is going to have a massive backend of the year while Blair will simply fade away into oblivion once again. Hope I have egg put on my face once again for the latter comment and he proves me wrong.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Thaiday
16. TPJ/Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

Let's face it, Reed is the best defensive centre we have. If he is fit, he goes back to his usual left centre role and Kahu goes back to wing.

Last edited:
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Wallace
15. Thaiday
16. TPJ/Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

Let's face it, Reed is the best defensive centre we have. If he is fit, he goes back to his usual left centre role and Kahu goes back to wing.
I agree. I want to see what a fully fit Reed can do in the next couple of months.

Last edited:
Blairs experience has not helped in the past 2 weeks. In actual fact all the rookies have been better. I also hope he proves me wrong and I have egg on my face though

I'd rather Waddell in the side than Nikorima. Nikorima has been zero value recently and I cannot see what he has brought to the team. He seems a liability in defence everywhere on the park and we already have Hunt, Milford and Gillett of late missing tackles. I know Gillo is quality but the game before last he missed 7 although he was sore after Origin. Contrast that with Melbourne or the Sharks and they don't seem to have any weak defenders.

I'd rather Waddell in the side than Nikorima. Nikorima has been zero value recently and I cannot see what he has brought to the team. He seems a liability in defence everywhere on the park and we already have Hunt, Milford and Gillett of late missing tackles. I know Gillo is quality but the game before last he missed 7 although he was sore after Origin. Contrast that with Melbourne or the Sharks and they don't seem to have any weak defenders.

what is your obsession with bloody Waddell.

he offers us absolutely zero as a bench player. the bench "utility" player needs to be able to come on and make an impact, taking advantage of tired forwards and lifting the intensity of our attack. Waddell can do none of that. we don't need another Macca like player to come on when Macca gets a breather.

and you can't even really count Nikorimas game against the Storm. he came on in the entirely unfamiliar position of wing, giving away plenty of height advantage to a very talented young winger.

I agree somewhat about Niko. He's an impact player, nothing else. Unfortunately, he's only a real option on the team when he's coming on for 20 minutes when Macca goes off. Other than that, what exactly is the big fuss over him?

what is your obsession with bloody Waddell.

he offers us absolutely zero as a bench player. the bench "utility" player needs to be able to come on and make an impact, taking advantage of tired forwards and lifting the intensity of our attack. Waddell can do none of that. we don't need another Macca like player to come on when Macca gets a breather.

and you can't even really count Nikorimas game against the Storm. he came on in the entirely unfamiliar position of wing, giving away plenty of height advantage to a very talented young winger.

I think there is plenty of cause for concern. He's a utility player isn't he? So he should be able to cover that part of the field. Easily, maybe not, but he should be able to hold his own, if that's what his position in the team is.

Imagine years ago when Berro was out utility. You expected him to do his job, and he did. Niko deserves time, but I'm not sure he's the utility we need. He certainly not the hooker we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• LGH
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.