Coach: Craig HodgesCoach: Anthony Seibold
Referees: Ben Cummins, Belinda Sharpe
Sideline Officials: Nick Morel, Jarrod Cole
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Bryan Norrie
Venue: Cbus Super Stadium
Kickoff: 5:30 pm
Broadcast: Foxleague; Kayo

Last edited:
Dearden has been running freely at training, will be 6.5 weeks post-operation by next weekend, good chance to return I reckon. Some interesting selection choices ahead.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Fifita
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Boyd (c)
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Jr

14. Turpin
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

I think we gotta have both SOS and Dearden in the halves together when available. Boyd doesn't belong there...not without someone like Lockyer or Johns as the other half.

Dearden has been running freely at training, will be 6.5 weeks post-operation by next weekend, good chance to return I reckon. Some interesting selection choices ahead.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Fifita
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Boyd (c)
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Jr

14. Turpin
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan
I'd swap TPJ with Gillett. Gillett did OK at lock despite the knockers at the start of the year. It was his first games back for nearly a year, and TPJ gives more value on the edge at the moment.
I'd also swap fifita and Glenn but it doesn't matter too much yet. Once sos comes back with boyd shifting to centre it will though. Think fifitas time has come

I'm fairly certain despite the team sheet saying Fifita was centre that he actually just played left second row.

On the Oates try Glenn was at left centre... Glenn was tackling Hoppa all night... am I missing something as to why everyone is claiming Fifi played centre (other than the team sheet saying that)??

Vs Titans
4. Glenn
11. Fifita

Do we actually think Boyd eventually ends up at centre? I would love Dearden and SoS in the halves.

Macca played pretty good tonight and tried his guts out again. But I still think he should make way for Turpin and Seggy when the team is full strength.

It's going to be a massive Tuesday this week.

Dearden and Gillett likely back impacts on Macca/Turps/Seggy and Glenn/Fifi/TPJ/Gillett

My preferred side with current injuries

1. Milf
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Glenn
5. Isaako
6. Boyd
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turps
10. HAAS
11. Fifi
12. Gillett
13. Pangai (switches with Gillett in attack at times)

14. Seggy
15. Carrigan
16. Offa
17. Flegler

Thought Kennedy and Carrigan were really strong off the bench and I just like Carrigan's bustling style

No chance does Macca get dropped as it's more likely Seggy drops out with Turpin back to the bench.

Also not sold on Boyd but we have no halves. My preference is Boyd at left centre and Glenn/Fifita to bench. Fifi looks back to his best now origin is done so the next couple weeks could see him take that left edge as his own.

Gillett back in to make sure that edge defense remains strong, but TPJ has to drift out onto the edge because he's so devastating out there.

Last edited:
I'd swap TPJ with Gillett. Gillett did OK at lock despite the knockers at the start of the year. It was his first games back for nearly a year, and TPJ gives more value on the edge at the moment.
I'd also swap fifita and Glenn but it doesn't matter too much yet. Once sos comes back with boyd shifting to centre it will though. Think fifitas time has come

Seibold said in the presser that TPJ will be back to Lock with Gillo returning, so you can put that idea on the backburner

Seibold said in the presser that TPJ will be back to Lock with Gillo returning, so you can put that idea on the backburner
Even if he plays lock i would like tpj running like he did tonight (a couple passes off the ruck at the opposition halves). At 13 he could drift and turn up either side of the ruck. Only issue would be that the increased defence may reduce the stings in his runs.

I'm fairly certain despite the team sheet saying Fifita was centre that he actually just played left second row.

On the Oates try Glenn was at left centre... Glenn was tackling Hoppa all night... am I missing something as to why everyone is claiming Fifi played centre (other than the team sheet saying that)??

Vs Titans
4. Glenn
11. Fifita

Yeah Glenn was playing left centre. Not sure why people think Fifita was, Glenn was positioned one in from Oates all night.

Even if he plays lock i would like tpj running like he did tonight (a couple passes off the ruck at the opposition halves). At 13 he could drift and turn up either side of the ruck. Only issue would be that the increased defence may reduce the stings in his runs.
Haas, and lodge and flegler to a lesser extent, were running a bit wider tonight actually. Noticed it a few times

We're likely going to lose Staggs.

Yeah CHN had lowered himself to make a tackle and Staggs was just trying to step him but he still raised the knee. Hurrell was suspended for 3 matches in 2015 for the same thing. He broke Tupou's jaw which would have resulted in more weeks being added onto the suspension but I can't see Staggs beating a charge so it's very possible he is gone for this game.

Yeah CHN had lowered himself to make a tackle and Staggs was just trying to step him but he still raised the knee. Hurrell was suspended for 3 matches in 2015 for the same thing. He broke Tupou's jaw which would have resulted in more weeks being added onto the suspension but I can't see Staggs beating a charge so it's very possible he is gone for this game.

Difference is Staggs was a reactive careless knee whereas Hurrells was a more blatant/reckless type raised knee and caused a serious injury.

I’d assume with a clean record and no priors that Staggs should get off with an early guilty plea discount. There is no way in hell that is more than a base grade 1 offence.

We need to flog these pricks and send them into rugby league oblivion. Although winning by 2 is also fine I guess

If Kyle Flanagan got off intentionally kneeing Lodge in the face last week, no way Kotoni sits out next week.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.