Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Well, we usually give shit to players who do these things. Wallace got shit for giving away a penalty a game, other players got shit for dropping the ball every game, McGuire got shit for taking late tackle count runs. Also defending on the edge is more difficult than in the middle, that's why you don't usually see good middle forwards miss many tackles.
An
if you consider our top tier of props or middle forwards if you will...our starters are our top so;

1. Lodge
2. Haas
3. Flegler.

So the first prop or middle forward off the bench if Joffa, so he is 4th in the pecking order..so id say lets measure him by other 4th props on other teams..

I think that's fair and compares apples with apples...

Now i just need to find the stats...oh, speaking of stats, here is a interesting one..

there's a stat called "player in support"...and Milford is ranked 13th for that with 208 'player in support' plays....which is also the top for the Broncos..guess who is listed second for the club..?

Darius Boyd...ranked 34th overall with 176 'player in support' plays...

......:xxxx:
I don't think flegler is ahead of offa , that's a G up.

Out of 350. Top ten percent. Mmmm, maths is not my long suit but being better than 90% was good when I went to school back in the 17th century.

By my math, there are 16 5/8ths and 16 fullbacks..... 32 players... I think if he isn't in the top 32, he isn't doing his job...

Could probably add in that he cheated on his wife to the list of potential "Shit bloke" traits. For what it's worth I agree with you, I'm quite confident that he's a bit of a **** overall.

I think at one time he was a bit of a dickhead. I don't think since he got the help for his mental issues he is the same person he was. If he was still an arsehole the majority of the squad wouldn't have backed him last year over Corey Parker. Everyone I know who knows him hasn't got a bad word to say about him and he goes out of his way to help the younger guys especially.

By my math, there are 16 5/8ths and 16 fullbacks..... 32 players... I think if he isn't in the top 32, he isn't doing his job...
Perhaps he is. However that's not indicated so not sure of the relevance.

if anyones interested, the stats are on nrl.com.au under 'stats'...

These are the kind of things that commentators don't often quote to the average viewing public....its why I like to look for these type of stats as they are what coaches probably look and ask of their players...plus watching on TV you cant see the whole field of view like you can live...

Anyway, I thought it was interesting stat that's why I shared it...I dont necessarily have a opinion one way or another but figured something must be in Boyds favour when it comes to Siebs stats man so maybe its this..??

Hang on so the culmination of everyone's findings are that Darius is the 34th best out of 32 guys? My head hurts. Sounds like that entire stat relies on there being good offloaders in the team. It's what I like to call a toilet paper stat. Print it and keep it in your glovebox for those long outback drives.
Does anyone know which player in the broncos has the largest facial pores? Trying to get my hypothetic team list together.

Hang on so the culmination of everyone's findings are that Darius is the 34th best out of 32 guys? My head hurts. Sounds like that entire stat relies on there being good offloaders in the team. It's what I like to call a toilet paper stat. Print it and keep it in your glovebox for those long outback drives.
Does anyone know which player in the broncos has the largest facial pores? Trying to get my hypothetic team list together.

respect your opinion but in this case you need to apply the same logic to Milf.....or does he get a pass cause he ISNT Boyd..?:lamebear:

respect your opinion but in this case you need to apply the same logic to Milf.....or does he get a pass cause he ISNT Boyd..?:lamebear:
No I totally agree to apply that same logic to anyone. I'm not a Boyd hater and have been a big fan most of his career. Definitely not blaming him for the stat. Just suggesting the stat itself sucks. Also I still live in hope for Darius to truly fire like I know he can. Maybe this week is it.

No probs my friend...yeh I've always had huge raps on Boyd myself...watched his first grade debut with us....I never envisaged he'd be under such huge criticism as a Broncos captain this late in his career..

but I guess if you cant be trusted to make that final decision...well thats why the coach is paid the way he is....the dreaded tap on the shoulder....I'm sure all professional players have had this late into their careers

No probs my friend...yeh I've always had huge raps on Boyd myself...watched his first grade debut with us....I never envisaged he'd be under such huge criticism as a Broncos captain this late in his career..

but I guess if you cant be trusted to make that final decision...well thats why the coach is paid the way he is....the dreaded tap on the shoulder....I'm sure all professional players have had this late into their careers
It's not just his form that's made him a scapegoat, the teams form and the whole rebuilding process. He is definitely not having a good year but same can be said for Thurstons last full seasons, it's how it works sometimes. He now has to learn a new position and get back into form , which has to be so draining mentally.

But I can imagine it being refreshing also. A change is sometimes as good as a holiday. I’m sure it’s relieving a lot of pressure on him in a lot of ways and it has been mentioned that whilst defending in the front line, he relies more on instinct, rather than overthinking the situation, which he himself has admitted is a weakness.

Still, he will be even better at left centre and I have faith that Siebold will have plans for the shift over the preseason.

Gee it’s bloody nice to enjoy some optimism (personally and collectively) after winning four on the trot!
I don't see any reason why we can't make a splash this year. We haven't beaten only poor sides this year. We have also met and overcome the Roosters and Manly. That stuff happened with the youngest team, the most inexperienced team with a new coach, a plethora of injuries and disruptions, with SOO and its attendant effects and three guys who weren't playing in positions most suitable.

The way our season ended last year was frustrating to say the least and the ensuing fallout through the preseason and into the start of this year was anything but ideal.

It’s a credit to our coach for being able to keep a cap on the situation and bring a young and largely inexperienced side through injury an SOO periods into the eight. He has managed to re-sign a bunch of players that some were predicting would walk out the door and having the balls to release some that refused to buy in. He also appears to have turned the tide of resentment from the ‘old boys’, a situation that he wanted badly.
We have a lot to look forward to in the coming seasons.

I would rather be on eight with a heap of potential then further up the ladder with none.

He also appears to have turned the tide of resentment from the ‘old boys’, a situation that he wanted badly.
Speaking of the old boys. I heard they were upset about titans snubbing Kevvie, but couldn't find any articles about it.

Has Gordie (GC ambassador) come out and laid into his team for overlooking the obvious coaching appointment yet???

I can only expect an article everyday on how they made the wrong decision not to appoint the chosen one.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why we can't make a splash this year. We haven't beaten only poor sides this year. We have also met and overcome the Roosters and Manly. That stuff happened with the youngest team, the most inexperienced team with a new coach, a plethora of injuries and disruptions, with SOO and its attendant effects and three guys who weren't playing in positions most suitable.

That Manly win while good was against a weakened team who copped a tonne of injuries in game.

Our only really impressive win was the Roosters game.

Speaking of the old boys. I heard they were upset about titans snubbing Kevvie, but couldn't find any articles about it.

Has Gordie (GC ambassador) come out and laid into his team for overlooking the obvious coaching appointment yet???

I can only expect an article everyday on how they made the wrong decision not to appoint the chosen one.

If I was kevvie I wouldn’t be too upset.
He may have just dodged a massive bullet.
Anyway eventually another coach will be sacked so there will be another opportunity somewhere.

The last quote from Kev that I heard was that he didn’t want the job at all. Maybe the media has beat this all up to be more than it is, yet again?

always a possibility given the way the rugby league media handles themselves.

but they reported that he wanted the job, he just wanted to be approached directly and offered it without going through the interview process ... then Bennett came out and said that Walters shouldn't have to go through an interview process (stating that he never has himself). so the media could be on the money with this one.

Kent has actually reported that while the Titans have claimed they are conducting an "extensive search" for their next coach, Holbrook is the only one to actually receive an interview for the position.

he went through all the reported favourites for the job (JD, Walters, Hook, Walker bros, Fitzgibbon etc) and said none of them received an interview

If I was kevvie I wouldn’t be too upset.
He may have just dodged a massive bullet.
Anyway eventually another coach will be sacked so there will be another opportunity somewhere.
Agreed, the titans looks to be where coaching careers go to die.

Active Now

• davidp
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.