Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

That Manly win while good was against a weakened team who copped a tonne of injuries in game.

Our only really impressive win was the Roosters game.
Is it hard living your daily life inherently finding negatives in every situation? Surely it gets tiring?

I’ll admit, I often don’t agree with @Huge but I do admire his optimism. And why not, we’re in the 8 and slowly building!

Change takes time and we are finally starting to see the dividends of such change. Why not get onboard and enjoy it.

Is it hard living your daily life inherently finding negatives in every situation? Surely it gets tiring?

I’ll admit, I often don’t agree with @Huge but I do admire his optimism. And why not, we’re in the 8 and slowly building!

Change takes time and we are finally starting to see the dividends of such change. Why not get onboard and enjoy it.

Being realistic isn’t being negative. Hanging our hat on that performance would be folly.

In this instance, broncosgoat has a point. Manly were missing T. Trbojevic, Taufua, D. Walker, Cherry-Evans, Fonua-Blake and lost Suli, Parker and Sipley during the game. They also lost Croker prior to the game, which meant Sironen had to shift to the halves which hurt them as well.

It wasn't like the win came as a huge surprise. Brisbane were heavily favoured despite their awful form.

Last edited:
Being realistic isn’t being negative. Hanging our hat on that performance would be folly.

The games that I enjoyed for the full 80 were the Roosters and Sharks games. Tough, gritty win against the premiers and the baby Broncs away at the Shire against all odds, stealing victory at the death.
The rest of the wins were ones where we could have racked up big scores. Euphoric for the first half then frustrating till fulltime for some weird reason of not wanting to score more than 30 points.

At the same time, being negative isn't being realistic. You tend to confuse the two fairly consistently.

What would it take for you to give any credit to Siebs incidentally?

If I saw any material improvement on last year. He was brought in to improve us and to this point I don’t think he has. I wasn’t talking about seibold when I made the comment though.

At the same time, being negative isn't being realistic. You tend to confuse the two fairly consistently.

What would it take for you to give any credit to Siebs incidentally?
What should he take credit for? Sitting one game under .500 and fighting for our post season lives is nothing to be proud of. Seibs was supposed to take us to the next level according to most fans but instead we have dropped two levels. Fans are now banking on the future just like every other fan from every other club. Nothing is assured in this dysfunctional sport and when he deserves the credit, he will certainly get it from me. He has shown me nothing yet that even resembles a premiership winning coach. Only time will tell.

What should he take credit for? Sitting one game under .500 and fighting for our post season lives is nothing to be proud of. Seibs was supposed to take us to the next level according to most fans but instead we have dropped two levels. Fans are now banking on the future just like every other fan from every other club. Nothing is assured in this dysfunctional sport and when he deserves the credit, he will certainly get it from me. He has shown me nothing yet that even resembles a premiership winning coach. Only time will tell.

How has the side dropped two levels? They are currently sitting 8th and seem like competition also rans but with the potential to be more, that seems like the last two seasons to me. This has also been done with a huge injury list, player turnover, late pre-season and club upheaval.

He is basically where Bennett was last year, maybe one level behind but with a team with massive potential moving forward. His use of the bench has also improved out of sight since earlier in the season.

A new coach isn't going to be able to come into a stagnating club with some baggage and turn everything around instantly. He seems to be getting better but time will tell. The jury is still out but the more recent evidence suggest a trend in the right direction as opposed to earlier in the season where there were very legitimate concerns.

The Broncos will also likely be blown away by Melbourne, so unless they are in it up to their eyeballs, this seems status quo to previous seasons. This week is very much a test of whether improvement has been made or not.

This is a realistic view.

If I saw any material improvement on last year. He was brought in to improve us and to this point I don’t think he has. I wasn’t talking about seibold when I made the comment though.

TPJ seems to be improving (this is arguable for sure), Staggs has improved, Haas has improved, Flegler has improved, Carrigan is DEFINITELY improving, the club attitude seems to have improved, bench use has definitely improved, Milford seems happier, Turps has improved, Joffa seems to have improved slightly, Glenn is playing better than ever.

Most of this could probably be argued but some cannot. I mean, improvement is not hard to see if you actually spend a minute or less looking for it.

How has the side dropped two levels? They are currently sitting 8th and seem like competition also rans but with the potential to be more, that seems like the last two seasons to me. This has also been done with a huge injury list, player turnover, late pre-season and club upheaval.

He is basically where Bennett was last year, maybe one level behind but with a team with massive potential moving forward. His use of the bench has also improved out of sight since earlier in the season.

A new coach isn't going to be able to come into a stagnating club with some baggage and turn everything around instantly. He seems to be getting better but time will tell. The jury is still out but the more recent evidence suggest a trend in the right direction as opposed to earlier in the season where there were very legitimate concerns.

The Broncos will also likely be blown away by Melbourne, so unless they are in it up to their eyeballs, this seems status quo to previous seasons. This week is very much a test of whether improvement has been made or not.

This is a realistic view.
Why does the club have massive potential moving forward this year but not last? The young guys we've got pushing through now were all here last year too.

Last edited:
TPJ seems to be improving (this is arguable for sure), Staggs has improved, Haas has improved, Flegler has improved, Carrigan is DEFINITELY improving, the club attitude seems to have improved, bench use has definitely improved, Milford seems happier, Turps has improved, Joffa seems to have improved slightly, Glenn is playing better than ever.

Most of this could probably be argued but some cannot. I mean, improvement is not hard to see if you actually spend a minute or less looking for it.

That could largely just be put down to natural progression of the young players.

Milf seeming happier is perhaps your perception? He seemed pretty happy to me last year when he was slaying all comers on the way to winning our player of the year.

Even if we win all remaining 6 games we’re still on a net loss of one win from last year. Hard to argue for improvement.

I wasn’t trying to turn this into another discussion about seibold. I just thought mentioning the manly win was misplaced credit to our season on the whole.

Last edited:
That could largely just be put down to natural progression of the young players.

Milf seeming happier is perhaps your perception? He seemed pretty happy to me last year when he was slaying all comers on the way to winning our player of the year.

Even if we win all remaining 6 games we’re still on a net loss of one win from last year. Hard to argue for improvement.

I wasn’t trying to turn this into another discussion about seibold. I just thought mentioning the manly win was misplaced credit to our season on the whole.
You've brought this up a bit. Milf wasn't that good last year despite winning his award. He was solid. Him winning player of the year was more due to not much competition. Who else was going to win it?

Why does the club have massive potential moving forward this year but not last? The young guys we've got pushing through now were all here last year too.

They were but how many of them were being used? Would Bennett have flicked Roberts for Staggs? Would Bennett have let KNik go in favour of Dearden? Would Bennett have put Milf to fullback?

I honestly don't know and I am not comparing the coaches deliberately. I'm also by no means saying Siebold is better than Bennett but what I am saying is that this team is playing with more freedom than any team since 2015 for some reason.

The young guys probably should have and would have pushed through. Regardless, for whatever reason it is happening, the fact is it IS happening and that is exciting. There are evident structures being employed that you couldn't say were always there last year.

Macca is no longer playing 80 and Boyd appears to be being phased out of the side, at least from such an important position as fullback. Would any of these things have happened under the previous regime?

This club was trending further and further away from 2015. It seems as though now, change has been made and while inconclusive, just has a better feel than last year despite results. Time will certainly tell.

Think about the alternative with Wayne as coach. Niko would still be hb, Boyd fb, milf 58 (doing everything and looking like he’s under the same stress as the POTUS for 80 mins), Haas would probably be on the bench getting 30 mins a game, fifi on the bench as well, carrigan and flegler likely not in FG, etc.

Edit: what Sproj said.

Last edited:
Think about the alternative with Wayne as coach. Niko would still be hb, Boyd fb, milf 58 (doing everything and looking like he’s under the same stress as the POTUS for 80 mins), Haas would probably be on the bench getting 30 mins a game, fifi on the bench as well, carrigan and flegler likely not in FG, etc.

I hate when that happens haha.

You are right all of this could be attributed to natural progression and this team could finish worse than last year. The fact it is almost on par with last year despite how messed up the season has been is interesting.

You are also right, you certainly didn't make this about Siebold, I did that, so sorry for that. What I am trying to show though, is that being negative does not equate to being realistic.

If you are going to take credit away for the Manly win (and fair enough, they were decimated), you should equally give credit for the Sharks win.

Last edited:
If you are going to take credit away for the Manly win (and fair enough, they were decimated), you should equally give credit for the Sharks win.

The Sharks win was all Turpin slaying it in the halves.
Towering pinpoint bombs for Coates, deft in goal grubbers and backing up one hand offloads from TPJ.

All of this is just your opinion, no one knows what would've happened.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.