Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Crappy bench?

It's our bench that got us out of jail the last two games to win it
Any bench with Macca and Kennedy is at least 50% crappy but I you know what I mean

14. Farnworth
15. McCullough
16. Kennedy
17. Bullemor

Compared to having Offa Lodge Glen and TPJ back in the 17.

I think people are being a little harsh regarding Kennedy. I think he's going okay and he's value for money. Sometimes a player just needs a coach to believe in them and the player draws on that. He may well be not required with our best squad but equally he may become a must have. I like the boy!

I rewatched the game and I have to say i think the kennedy hate is unwarranted. People are citing the penalties he gave on the tryline however the first was given for holding down, which was a good penalty because both he and isaako were still on the ground when roberts was attempting to play the ball. Without two people in our line we would have been at risk. The second was for hand on the ball against burgess who basically lost it on his own accord via a typical burgess loose carry. Otherwise his game was solid.

Interestingly, Katoni's defensive reads at 6 were better than his reads at centre. When he was at half, our right side looked pretty solid.

Oates had a better game than given credit for. He made some strong hit ups. Later in the game he had some hit ups later in the tackle count and got some quick play the balls so we could kick on the front foot (unfortunately milford dropped one of them which may have resulted in a forty twenty).

Boyd had a pretty impressive game. His defensive reads shut down a lot of souths attack. He was off the line very quick, cutting off roberts and sua's time with the ball.

Boyd has got blame for not passing the ball to oates in attack, but he didnt have much opportunity either. When the ball went left, it typically went to fifita who ran. A couple opportunities early in the game were actually missed because the ball didnt get passed on to boyd and oates. When boyd did get the ball, gagai was right there and pushing the pass would have been a bad idea. Perhaps the cut out pass from milford to oates could be an option as the defence comes in on fifita and the winger on boyd.

Although macca may not have had his best game, you cant fault his defensive efforts in the last 20. He was often making cover tackles and stopped walker going over.

I certainly agree Boyd had a solid game! His form has turned and he showed enough speed to chop down Roberts - interestestingly he had the confidence to let him get outside him and come across and back to cut him down. Boyd of last year wouldn't have done that!

I think people are being a little harsh regarding Kennedy. I think he's going okay and he's value for money. Sometimes a player just needs a coach to believe in them and the player draws on that. He may well be not required with our best squad but equally he may become a must have. I like the boy!

Agreed. I reckon he puts in hard and that’s what I want to see from fringe players. Guys that get stuck in when they get a chance

I rewatched the game and I have to say i think the kennedy hate is unwarranted. People are citing the penalties he gave on the tryline however the first was given for holding down, which was a good penalty because both he and isaako were still on the ground when roberts was attempting to play the ball. Without two people in our line we would have been at risk. The second was for hand on the ball against burgess who basically lost it on his own accord via a typical burgess loose carry. Otherwise his game was solid.

Interestingly, Katoni's defensive reads at 6 were better than his reads at centre. When he was at half, our right side looked pretty solid.

Oates had a better game than given credit for. He made some strong hit ups. Later in the game he had some hit ups later in the tackle count and got some quick play the balls so we could kick on the front foot (unfortunately milford dropped one of them which may have resulted in a forty twenty).

Boyd had a pretty impressive game. His defensive reads shut down a lot of souths attack. He was off the line very quick, cutting off roberts and sua's time with the ball.

Boyd has got blame for not passing the ball to oates in attack, but he didnt have much opportunity either. When the ball went left, it typically went to fifita who ran. A couple opportunities early in the game were actually missed because the ball didnt get passed on to boyd and oates. When boyd did get the ball, gagai was right there and pushing the pass would have been a bad idea. Perhaps the cut out pass from milford to oates could be an option as the defence comes in on fifita and the winger on boyd.

Although macca may not have had his best game, you cant fault his defensive efforts in the last 20. He was often making cover tackles and stopped walker going over.
I agree with your Boyd observation. There were two occasions where Oates looked ready to score if Boyd gave the pass, but on both plays Gagai was just sweating on Boyd passing as both times he was in prime position to pull off the intercept and run the length of the field to score (it's an origin special of his).

Luckily Boyd resisted the temptation Gagai put in front of him as his old head told him what was the likely outcome. Both times my heart was in my mouth, both times I gave Boyd the praise he deserved for the read. On another occasion in the first half Boyd absolutely gave to Su'a in a tackle and laid him out on his back. Familiarity certainly does breed contempt :happy:

I can't believe Noone has mentioned Roberts punching Oates in the ribs!!! Can someone with some tech ability please post the slow-mo of the tackle that led to Oates rib injury. And watch Roberts smash his fist in right at the spot Oates was hiding afterwards. That **** is a fucking dog.
Has anyone been able to track down footage of this?

Were there any charges coming out of the game??

I agree with your Boyd observation. There were two occasions where Oates looked ready to score if Boyd gave the pass, but on both plays Gagai was just sweating on Boyd passing as both times he was in prime position to pull off the intercept and run the length of the field to score (it's an origin special of his).

Luckily Boyd resisted the temptation Gagai put in front of him as his old head told him what was the likely outcome. Both times my heart was in my mouth, both times I gave Boyd the praise he deserved for the read. On another occasion in the first half Boyd absolutely gave to Su'a in a tackle and laid him out on his back. Familiarity certainly does breed contempt :happy:

After all the criticisms Boyd has gotten these past few years, I think people have forgotten or don't realise what a good reader of the game he is. He was off the mark last year, but I think that was both a combination of the change-over, captaincy and a defensive line that was continually letting the opposition through all over the field. He could see it from fullback and his head was constantly in two minds, much of it due to a team not being switched on. I've always been expecting him to bounce back.

Bennett has never coached to go side to side so much, that's what killed Souths they just shuffled it from sideline to sideline and too many passes went behind guys or into touch. It was under eights football.

Broncos just slid off and picked them off.
That's JD teaching them to "attack"

Last edited:

Solid post. It's a completely different game often when you watch without the emotional strain

All solid points!

Was charged, plead guilty, free to play next week.

you have a source for that ... couldn't find anything on the NRL website about that ... just the soliolo charge

edit. NVM, found it on the broncos website ... should have known the NRL can't do anything right

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.