Round 2 - Broncos Vs Storm Pre-Game Discussion & Team List

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Melbourne Storm may be forced to take on Brisbane Broncos this weekend without gun five-eighth Greg Inglis, who is battling knee and shoulder injuries.

The Storm travel to Brisbane to face fellow round one winners the Broncos on Friday night.

Inglis starred in Melbourne's 17-16 victory over St George-Illawarra at Olympic Park last Friday night, kicking the winning field goal as well as scoring the opening try.

Inglis had treatment on his knee during the match, but coach Craig Bellamy has revealed the injury is worse than first thought, while his shoulder was also a concern.

Storm backrower and Queensland representative Dallas Johnson is also battling injury after badly bruising his hip and centre Willie Isa has a corked thigh. Both players are undergoing treatment.

Prop Brett White, who missed the Dragons match, is unlikely to play due to ongoing problems with his feet.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

If Inglis is out (fingers crossed) that is a big bonus to us and a big loss to the Storm.

the team i would select for this game:

01. Hunt
02. Winterstein
03. Michaels
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh
06. Lockyer
07. Wallace
08. Thaiday
09. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Te'o
12. Setu
13. Parker

14. McCullough
15. Sims
16. Taylor
17. Glenn

It's a tough selection. I think you have to put Thaiday up front, but it's a bit of a waste. He's better running a bit wider. Sims is also better as a wider runner, but is it worth just putting him out of position and keeping Thaiday where he is?

Or even starting DT?

I reckon leave DT on the bench as an impact player for the time being. i don't know if he is ready to start yet.

bfoord said:
I reckon leave DT on the bench as an impact player for the time being. i don't know if he is ready to start yet.

My thoughts too. If we throw him in the deep end, all his critics will orgasm over how right they were about Taylor being useless.

He needs game time after the opposition forwards are not firing on all cylinders before he gets to play with a fresh pack.

Sims to replace Kenny leave Thaiday in the 2nd row and DT on the bench.

Well the options are:
1. Sims starts and we orgasm over how bad he still is
2. Taylor starts and we orgasm over how bad he still is
3. Sims starts and shuts us the **** up
4. Taylor starts and shuts us the **** up

I hope either 3 or 4 eventuate.

Well out of 3 and 4 I would like to see 4.

However, out of 1 and 2. I would like to see 1.

100 Rupees says Inglis will play. Anyway, unfortunately I can still see a loss coming. Do we ever win against Melb during the reg season? The closest we come is during the finals, they always seem to lift against us or something.

We'll lose. I'm sure of it. If Sims or Thaiday start that is.

I think if Sims plays he'll aim to have a massive game. Last time he played was also against Melbourne, and he must still be embarassed about that dropped ball at the end. He had a massive game against Easts in QLD Cup too, and I assume it was partially because of Melbourne and him wanting to get back at them.

Alec said:
100 Rupees says Inglis will play. Anyway, unfortunately I can still see a loss coming. Do we ever win against Melb during the reg season? The closest we come is during the finals, they always seem to lift against us or something.

Their wanker coach doesn't know how our coach operates anymore though.

I'm not taking your bet either. Of course he'll start, Bellamy does this all the time, he's a dick.

Sweeney to Start - ooh yeah! ha ha! or not...still...

I still can't find a news story (on web) about the Kenny injury.

This game is going to be orgasmic.

I hope for our club's sake that Inglis doesn't play, however I hope for my sake as a paying spectator that he does.

Inglis will destroy our outside backs if he gets the chance to run at them in broken play. Falou is our own real chance of stopping him, add to that Cronk and Slater and it's danger for the young guys.

Also a very real test for our light pack, coming up against the Storm seasoned boppers.

My predictions? Inglis straight through (or over the top of) our backline, Locky passing and performing magic around the Storm backline. This will be a tough game for Broncos to win, but the best chance for Falou to shut Storm backline the **** up. Also, time for Sims to make amend, Thaiday to prove why he should have been in the WC squad, and DT to show he is SoO material.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • The Strapper
  • thenry
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Sproj
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Spike
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • levikaden
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.