Round 2 Discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Raiders had a 12-0 lead, Titans have just evened up scores right on halftime through Dominic Peyroux.

Pretty close match.

Raiders had a 12-0 lead, Titans have just evened up scores right on halftime through Dominic Peyroux.

Pretty close match.

And entertaining too. A few penalties early on in the red zone, and both teams went for the try instead of the Penalty Goal. Such a refreshing change to actually see some expansive football being played instead of this game management take the 2.

1/4 in tips this week so far. Raiders were good and Bulldogs were very good.

Hahahahaha Dragons. That was fun to watch.

The Dragons were absolute rubbish last night. **** week in tipping here 1/4 so far.

Absolutely shocking crowd at the Roosters game today - I think I heard about 12,500? It has been a stunner of a weekend, weather-wise, in Sydney. Perfect footy watching weather.

If you can't get more than that to your first home game of the season in perfect conditions then you don't deserve to have any home games at all, as far as I'm concerned.

Sam Burgess is in for a long year, 2 massive performances to start the season for no wins. The rabbits have no idea ATM.
I can't work out why they don't have some set plays to get Ingliss some early ball and space.

Couldn't believe the Titans crowd that was poor

It was a poor result no doubt, but there were 3 big games in Brisbane over the weekend which may have pulled a few thousand away from the Tits.

It was a poor result no doubt, but there were 3 big games in Brisbane over the weekend which may have pulled a few thousand away from the Tits.

Not a good enough excuse IMO. GC has a pretty big population but obviously only a few support the Titans.

Not a good enough excuse IMO. GC has a pretty big population but obviously only a few support the Titans.

It has a biggish population (600k) but I seriously doubt that many of them really have that much of an appetite for sport. None of their three teams have ever really pulled decent crowds. It's being fed a bunch of sporting events that it doesn't have the appetite for.

My comment wasn't offered as an excuse, the crowd was rubbish but the fact is in their market on this particular weekend there was a lot of reasons to not go to skilled park including the hot weather and the time they played lots of kids playing junior footy at that time.

Lets wait and see if the trend continues. They are at that age for a GC side when the locals get tired of them.

It has a biggish population (600k) but I seriously doubt that many of them really have that much of an appetite for sport. None of their three teams have ever really pulled decent crowds. It's being fed a bunch of sporting events that it doesn't have the appetite for.
I'm gonna do a Rocky here...
Although there are no tunnels, we have a few amazing beaches, entertainment parks, beautiful hinterland and one hell of a night life, just to name a few things that could draw the crowds away from the Tits and other sporting clubs.

Either that, or they're all like me and rather support the Broncos, and travel 3 hours to and from their home games. :rockon:

We do. And with the Sharks getting nearly 16,000 to this afternoon's game (The Sharks FFS) it just shows that people are more interested in Sunday afternoon games. Tigers pulled a full house the week before. Jeb, unfortunately it doesn't matter what day/night the Roosters gamnes are on, they always seem to get crap crowds.

Also, before you start bagging out Sydney crowds, please explain the piss poor crowd figure from the Titans on the weekend. A bit over 11,000. I mean wtf? How do the Titans manage that sort of number for their first home game of the year, ESPECIALLY after such a good win over the Cowboys the week before. Is this team for real or what?

You're not gonna bait me into defending the Titans. Not gonna happen.

I just find it curious that broncospwn started a thread about how pathetic Sydney Roosters crowds are and you spend a thousand pages in the thread defending the Roosters, when it's now obvious that he was 100% correct.

Titans are a terrible organisation. And the Gold Coast is a shocker of a town. They are the worst bandwagoners of all.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Galah
  • LGH
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • peter09
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.