Round 2 - Sharks vs Broncos

Amazing defence from us. That is something we can build upon. Barba was useless for Cronulla

will be good to see the Broncos play in good conditions

Magnificent devensive efforts from the lads there tonite. Crappy attacking flair ,but, as i say, great defence. Hopefully this win restores some of the faith in the team which was lacking amongst BHQ supporters. Man of match must be Hunt.

1910 called it. If we win it will be scrappy.

Not too bad. Wallace is much improved.
Kodi sparked our attack a little but Im not sure how his defence is. He had a big miss on the wing.
Both our wingers were the tryscorers.

Defensively a good effort, still a lot of combination work to go from an attacking perspective but signs are there, time will tell in that regard. Hodges and Kahu were standouts and I thought Wallace had probably his best game in first grade tonight(not amazing don't get me wrong). Good to get our first win of the season but nothing to get carried away with, interesting who will stay and who will go from the team next week.

Last edited:
if you are going to ping Wallace dont forget Kahu's play of the ball. ;)

Im glad Kahu is catching the highball now.

Geez Oates always seems to be running a good line.

While Glenn did not much. He's not fast enough to get through with speed. Not strong enough to bust through with footwork and burst. Not a workhorse. Oates to #11 from 2016 IMO.

Defensively a good effort, still a lot of combination work to go from an attacking perspective but signs are there, time will tell in that regard. Hodges and Kahu were standouts and I thought Wallace had probably his best game in first grade tonight(not amazing don't get me wrong). Good to get our first win of the season but nothing to get carried away with, interesting who will stay and who will go from the team next week.
Absolutely spot on

I hope NRL Stats aren't right but they have Blair on 1 run for 7 metres - the same as he was at half time.

I'm pretty sure I saw Blair take more then one hitup, but even not that is better then slamming sam's 1 metre effort(doesn't take much though lol)

I hope NRL Stats aren't right but they have Blair on 1 run for 7 metres - the same as he was at half time.

I'll counter that with his defence though. He's the first player we've had in a long time that has not only stood up to opposition big men at pace, but stopped them dead and dominated them. Normally our defenders would all be dragged another 5 or 10 and then concede a fast PTB. Blair is brick-walling them and then locking up the ball.

I'll counter that with his defence though. He's the first player we've had in a long time that has not only stood up to opposition big men at pace, but stopped them dead and dominated them. Normally our defenders would all be dragged another 5 or 10 and then concede a fast PTB. Blair is brick-walling them and then locking up the ball.
Oh, for sure but one run for a prop? That's atrocious if true.

Oh, for sure but one run for a prop? That's atrocious if true.

Yeah, can't defend it if it's true. Kind of like Jason King in Origin. Tackled so hard that nothing left for defence. Did he get many second half minutes?

Gotta say Cronulla, what pack mutts. Fifuckwit.gallen and graham lead the cheap shot pack.

Geez Oates always seems to be running a good line.

Really...?

That flick on that Hodges tried was aimed at where Oates was supposed to be, deep and running on at pace. He was out of position badly, a lot of the time.

Really...?

That flick on that Hodges tried was aimed at where Oates was supposed to be, deep and running on at pace. He was out of position badly, a lot of the time.

Both Maranta and Oates came in off the wing quite a bit. Oates always seemed to slip past the first attempts rather than trying to bash his way through.

He was in position for Hodgo's pass that hit the ground at his toes. Both Jack and Oates over ran that tap on from Hodgo.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dazza 92
  • Bish
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.