Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

He did take a dive, I hate that it has come in to league but you can't try and hold the moral ground, you have to play the game unfortunately.

We finished 3rd in 2006. No one outside the top 4 since the McIntyre system has won a premiership.
I stand corrected. The research unreliable. That said Cowboys made GF recently from 8th and although they got flogged anything can happen in a GF. The only teams in the 8 that Broncs would almost certainly lose to in a GF would be a full strength Panthers or Cows. We can beat all the others. Just depends how it plays out

I stand corrected. The research unreliable. That said Cowboys made GF recently from 8th and although they got flogged anything can happen in a GF. The only teams in the 8 that Broncs would almost certainly lose to in a GF would be a full strength Panthers or Cows. We can beat all the others. Just depends how it plays out
I reckon we can beat Cows when we're full strength. They won't beat us thrice this year.

This frustrated the hell out of me at the game.

A couple of minutes into the second half and Reynolds puts in a fucking great kick. It was our chance to put the Tigers under pressure and swing the momentum our way, but instead they got lazy. Capewell makes a poor attempt at tackle, which is forgivable. What's not is the lazy chase from the rest of the team. They should have been there in the in-goal on Laurie like flies on shit when Capewell missed that tackle, instead they are jogging towards the in-goal and Laurie has all the opportunity he needs to get out.

Gives me the shits.

This frustrated the hell out of me at the game.

A couple of minutes into the second half and Reynolds puts in a fucking great kick. It was our chance to put the Tigers under pressure and swing the momentum our way, but instead they got lazy. Capewell makes a poor attempt at tackle, which is forgivable. What's not is the lazy chase from the rest of the team. They should have been there in the in-goal on Laurie like flies on shit when Capewell missed that tackle, instead they are jogging towards the in-goal and Laurie has all the opportunity he needs to get out.

Gives me the shits.

This frustrated the shit out of me too. Not a slight on Mariner in his 2nd game, but Herbie would have been there. We're really missing his energy and the way his carries get the defence on the back foot. He's as good as Staggs IMO, certainly far more consistent.

^^ Adam's body language these days are of concern, lacking a bit of mojo. Dunno what's going on but someone tell him a joke or two.
He’s been like that all season. Can’t remember if he was like that at Souths but always looks like someone ate his lunch

The first 2 sets were enough for me to have that familiar sinking feeling in my gut.

Getting to kick the ball in the Broncos in goal from the kick off set of 6 was a tell .
Rolled up field when the whole forward pack were in front of them . Soft as .

But Kevin Walters and his selectors have disagreed with you .

Telling me won`t make much difference . And I`ll be surprised if Kev makes changes after 1 lost game .
Big Kevin seems to agree.

Left field hypothetical only here, just for a bit of shit talking, but had we retained Te Maire, given these potential halves:

Martin
Reynolds
Walsh
Mam
Gamble

Which combo do you think might give us the most mileage over say, the next three years?

I'm a big Reynolds fan, and think he's the best thing that's happened to the club in recent memory, but I don't think we'd necessarily be worse off with Te Maire in that mix at the expense of one of the above names, even Reynolds.

Left field hypothetical only here, just for a bit of shit talking, but had we retained Te Maire, given these potential halves:

Martin
Reynolds
Walsh
Mam
Gamble

Which combo do you think might give us the most mileage over say, the next three years?

I'm a big Reynolds fan, and think he's the best thing that's happened to the club in recent memory, but I don't think we'd necessarily be worse off with Te Maire in that mix at the expense of one of the above names, even Reynolds.
First off I see gamble as a depth option only and good injury cover.

Secondly I assume we are also including the fullback position in where to wedge these guys into the side because the rest of that list are starting quality players.

Perhaps if Mam had struggled so far I would say TMM would be a great 6 option along side reynolds. But, Ezra has been very good in his short time in the top grade and the more time along side reynolds the better for his development.

TMM has played a fantastic role for us this year out the back and if we didn't sign Walsh I think we would have tried to keep him in Brisbane.

So while reynolds is still performing my team would be.

1. TMM
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
14. Walsh (off the bench like Bowen for QLD)

First off I see gamble as a depth option only and good injury cover.

Secondly I assume we are also including the fullback position in where to wedge these guys into the side because the rest of that list are starting quality players.

Perhaps if Mam had struggled so far I would say TMM would be a great 6 option along side reynolds. But, Ezra has been very good in his short time in the top grade and the more time along side reynolds the better for his development.

TMM has played a fantastic role for us this year out the back and if we didn't sign Walsh I think we would have tried to keep him in Brisbane.

So while reynolds is still performing my team would be.

1. TMM
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
14. Walsh (off the bench like Bowen for QLD)
Hadn't thought of Walsh as an impact player. I don't mind that at all, actually. I never want to see Walters or Paix in the halves again but I fear that's where we're heading as backup.

Hadn't thought of Walsh as an impact player. I don't mind that at all, actually. I never want to see Walters or Paix in the halves again but I fear that's where we're heading as backup.
I don't think there is any risk of Paix going to half. Walters may fill in during a game if injury strikes. But I really want to see paix step up over the next off-season and start next year at 9 and be able to play big minutes with someone like. Kobe giving him a breather if need be.

I don't think there is any risk of Paix going to half. Walters may fill in during a game if injury strikes. But I really want to see paix step up over the next off-season and start next year at 9 and be able to play big minutes with someone like. Kobe giving him a breather if need be.
I like Walters as a starting 9. I think he's getting better and better there. Predicting he will stay there for the next 5 years and become one of the games premium hookers.

Walsh at 1 (would have preferred TMM), with Reynolds and Mam at 7 and 6. Not too fussed on 14 - we seem to have options there.

I like Walters as a starting 9. I think he's getting better and better there. Predicting he will stay there for the next 5 years and become one of the games premium hookers.

Walsh at 1 (would have preferred TMM), with Reynolds and Mam at 7 and 6. Not too fussed on 14 - we seem to have options there.

You know Walters is 28 already? If he had potential to be one of the games premium hookers, he'd have shown signs of it years ago.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.