Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

This is spot on, and our halves look ordinary when the back row isn't set as it should be - Glenn & Gillett.

At the same time, I still think we have such an ordinary approach to playing attacking football

There was talk in the early part of the season about the team not doing any offensive training at all at training which is how I was reasoning with myself with the lack of attacking cohesion... You get the defence right first, but you have to be able to score points too... I really thought that with our spine we would be better. The forwards have problems but we just look shot across the park, just full launch failure this season

Let's be honest , the signs of our true form have been clearly on display for the last six weeks. Those flogggings by Cronulla,Melbourne and the Bulldogs and Warriors were no aberration . The good sides are just too good for us

. I don't care what anyone says including Bennett , if our defensive line can't run up and at least try and meet the attack on the advantage line we will be lucky to win another game this year.

We made the GF without McGuire, our #1 prop, last year FFS.

The playing group are fractured again, and its bullshit because its pissing away a whole season.

Biggest difference out there was the ruck speed. Broncos were getting dominated in tackles and labouring to their feet. Panthers were playing very fast and getting a good roll on. The style of the Broncos halves requires us to get a bit of momentum in the ruck so they can take on the line. That hasn't been there since pre origin time.

Did we peak 12 months too early?

I think last year we just went out there and played footie without pressure and expectation and enjoyed it, and the loss of Hodges can't be under estimated.

I think his contribution, amongst other things like leadership, was to bring things together, like the left and right sides of the field in attack. This year, there is no organisation in attack - almost like Hodges provided the direction in many way that we are missing this year.

I would like to see Boyd at 5/8. His defence and leadership in the middle would make a huge difference, and Milford can then be set free to do what he does best - run the ball - but too late for that now sadly.

In any case, wherever Milford plays, he needs room. In this side as it is currently structured, Milford has no room to move.

Last edited:
Biggest difference out there was the ruck speed. Broncos were getting dominated in tackles and labouring to their feet. Panthers were playing very fast and getting a good roll on. The style of the Broncos halves requires us to get a bit of momentum in the ruck so they can take on the line. That hasn't been there since pre origin time.

The Penrith forwards were cheating by getting a run up and running onto the pass at speed.

We made the GF without McGuire, our #1 prop, last year FFS.

The playing group are fractured again, and its bullshit because its ****ing away a whole season.
They were tight as **** last season... Played their hearts out for one another, as tight as I've ever seen a side... WTF HAPPENED

I thought our season was over before the Origin slump so tonight doesn't hurt as much as it otherwise would have, but that was a pathetic effort. As bad, if not worse, than the Storm game.

The club said after that match they didn't want to see fans streaming out before full time, and the very next home game it happened again.

firstly, i think a few, actually quite a lot of the lads need to stop worrying and comparing how much money and cash they can grab outside of footy. its a real #@#/ measuring contest at the moment on who is earning what for each gig they do and a cair bit of he got more than i did for a 3rd party speaking role and so on.. thats a bit of some of the rubbish going on. the rock stars are also carrying on about their "brand" since when did they vecome bigger than the club!!! they arent frigging caltex or bp.

secondly, i hate channel 9 and didnt go to the game but i caught locky and wallys comments in the game wrap up. They nailed it big time, locky mentioned that the penrith forwards have a mix of size, footwork and footy skill and he said that is what the modern day forward requires, wally also said similar. take a look at our pack... our pack and especially the bench kids (outside of pangai)have none of that.

I think if we start playing a bit better, our results might improve...

Last edited:
Yeah there is only so long that a small forward pack like ours can mix it with the big guys and our lack of size is being found out big time now.

We're not going out there and having fun and playing for our mates

We played like shit.

But this is nothing new. I've seen plenty of unexpected losses a week after origin 3.

We have an easy run home. We can fix it, we made the gf last year.

Also if you look how we were successful in 2015...

With the ball... it was a good kick return from Boyd. Great start to the set from Vidot/Oates, good follow up run from Kahu or Reed. Then a few runs often a pass or two wide from an energised Blair or Thaiday playing for a contract or Parker (incl an offload). Regularly mixed in there (especially if we were struggling) was a Hodges run and fast play the ball. Get into attacking areas and Milford and Hunt would run at will. A lot of those guys missing at the moment or playing very flat.

In defence... it was mainly all attitude. We had pretty good initial contact... but mostly the guys were always desperate and covering hard on the inside and trusting each other. The forever changing lineup in 2016 hasn't helped but the sheer desperation isn't there. Plus our bench was always more experienced. Not sure why Thaiday isn't back in his bench role to give us some punch in the rotation, even if a young guy starts.

My thoughts after getting home from the game and too p1ssed off to go to bed.

Boyd - looked flat early but fired up when we were down. Was one of our better players..again
oates - let the early mistake effect his whole game. We need those origin 3 meters out of u mate !
glenn - supposed to stiffen up that edge but it's in bloody tatters but not solely to blame.
roberts - seems to be trying but hard with crap service. Needs to be taught how to run angles.
maranta - I've stuck up for u on hq but your in Eden category ...never to play again your mentally way off the pace
milf - Carn mate run some plays .. Your running around like we haven't trained and sort your defence out its shit
hunt - can't believe Wayne can't pick u up...ongoing rubbish 5th tackle options and not one repeat ..as for the mistakes...
moose - time to get away from the media champ! Your not that good. Time for q cup u big head ...no discipline
macca - glad to have him back but need to get some form. Him and Boyd the only candidates for 2017 captain now surely
blair - played big minutes early but hasn't been dominant all year
thaiday - killing me slowly ...no sting in defence please get fit gillett
wallace - does ok but need cant go to another level when we need him..bit of a plodder
Parker - a couple of months to go ..the end is coming quickly at this rate and your leadership is rubbish ..in same category as McGuire tonight..rubbish

opacic - give this guy more minutes Wayne for god sake. Can do no worse thane the muppets we have on the left edge
pengai - ditto...small minutes but seems to be above others running on
arrow - another ditto ....high hopes for him from what I've seen
offa - run the bloody ball harder!

Rant over boys ...happy to have feedback

Active Now

• Ondi
  • broncotville
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Dash
  • Fatboy
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • levikaden
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.