Officials: Grant Atkins, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Michael Wise
Video Review Officials: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Kickoff: 7:50 pm
Broadcast: Chanel 9; Foxleague
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Our weaknesses after tonight are glaringly obvious now. We have to control the ruck and stop clocking off for periods of the game. If we can do that, we can beat anyone.

Our weaknesses after tonight are glaringly obvious now. We have to control the ruck and stop clocking off for periods of the game. If we can do that, we can beat anyone.
I've never thought this team couldn't beat anyone but that's true of every team really. There's not much between first and last placed teams and yes, Newcastle, the Dogs and Parramatta could all beat Souths if things fell their way. What we need more of is consistency, right across the team. We do have that consistency in the forwards if we can forget about the Warriors game but I put that down to the Titans shutout. This game and especially the attitude from the whistle tells me we are incrementally improving and working towards a repeatable standard. We are a chance this year and the only two teams that are really there are Souths and Melbourne.

Need to clean up the ruck area so Segeyaro can't carve us up. If this is achieved then we should run out 13+ winners.

For mine the key to winning is wearing opponents down and speeding up the ruck.
For all he cops (and he is in his twilight), thaiday is fantastic at playing the ball quickly. A lot of the younger players could learn from him with that.
It is one aspect of our game sorely lacking at times and prevents the momentum shift once a break is made.

This. If we get real ruck speed in defence, quick PTB’s and better line speed across the park on last night’s performance, we can beat anyone.

On the other hand, if we don’t control the ruck against teams who are quick off the mark (Segeyaro, Cooke, Smith) we will lose big time.

I was really (at last) impressed with Knik and the way he ran at the line, held up the ball then passed, his defence also really lifted, and Milf is equally at last showing what he is capable of. His kick for Roberts was what we should be doing a whole lot more, and not just for Roberts.

The try Oates scored is yet another move that ought to be a regular part of our attacking repertoire.

This match is so winnable

Just about every game I've felt confident about this year we've dropped, or almost dropped. Tigers/Titans/Manly/Warriors. I have a bad feeling about this game.

I hope I’m wrong but everytime we have played well the following week we have been terrible!

If we are any chance this year we come out and play well this weekend. If we have a titans/warriors like preformance this weekend then I’m prepared to say we are no chance this season!

Active Now

• porouian
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • mitch222
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.