Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

Knights and Dragons are the only maybes. The rest are a long shot.

I beg the forum members. Can we please not fill threads with the team they want?

It serves no purpose. Nothing will be done. That 17 lines just takes up space in the thread.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordon Kahu
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Jake Granville
15. Corey Oates
16. Matt Gillett
17. Martin Kennedy

18. Jarrod Wallace
19. David Hala
20. Todd Lowrie
21. David Stagg
22. Jack Reed
23. Lachlan Maranta

Last edited:
That was some peoples defence against the sacking of griffin. Saying that his kpi's were the top 4 and we are still a massive chance of making the top 4

That statement is probably the only thing funnier than tonight's performance.

I don't think there has been a single person on this forum that didn't want to sack Griffin

Knights and Dragons are the only maybes. The rest are a long shot.

The problem with these types of games is how we approach them, too often found out underestimating and paying the price for it, I would love to be proven wrong but I can't see us getting 3-4 wins from the remaining.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordon Kahu
6. Ben Barba
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Hannant
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Jake Granville
15. Corey Oates
16. Matt Gillett
17. Jarrod Wallace

18. David Hala
19. Todd Lowrie
20. David Stagg
21. Jack Reed
22. Lachlan Maranta

If we are going to go with just one front rower on the bench, we might as well just go with Kennedy. I think I made it pretty clear that I didn't rate him before we even signed him, but damn if he isn't better than Wallace or Hala.

I'd drop Thaiday on the bench too, he plays in the middle anyway, and it might get him to pull his finger out.

That was some peoples defence against the sacking of griffin. Saying that his kpi's were the top 4 and we are still a massive chance of making the top 4

That statement is probably the only thing funnier than tonight's performance.

Glad you're enjoying the loss.......

yay !! You win the internet !!

If we are going to go with just one front rower on the bench, we might as well just go with Kennedy. I think I made it pretty clear that I didn't rate him before we even signed him, but damn if he isn't better than Wallace or Hala.

I'd drop Thaiday on the bench too, he plays in the middle anyway, and it might get him to pull his finger out.

Actually I moved Kennedy and forgot to put him back in. :redface:

Yeah...he slots in front of Wallace.

Thanks for that, broncos fan win, lose or try broncos for life ... hurts to lose.. I'll be happy to make the 8:)

Last edited:
I don't think some of you guys actually watch the game ... just wait for score updates so you can come on here and whinge and stick the boot in.

In the first 20 mins to night we had 16% possession 16 ****ing percent. in that time the Storm were gifted a try from one of the worst video ref decisions i have seen in a long time (and thats saying something considering the refs have NFI).

when you have to do that much tackling it takes most of the energy out of you. so when you do get the ball, you don't have the energy to get up the field or really do anything with the ball.

they tried their guts out tonight. but were robbed on several occasions and were never really able to come back from that lack of possession in the first half.

oh and if you guys think Bennett wont make similar selection calls, think again. his second act as our new coach will be to re-sign Stagg. (his first being signing Boyd)

You forgot to mention it was our errors that put us under all that pressure. As for the dig at Boyd, I can only hope that he is on his way to Red Hill. Unlike Barba, he has had more than one good year and is not just coasting by on potential.

Played like dog's ball, but was that Hoffman try overruling the worst video ref overruling thus far this year? Yikes!

Half the forum was jumping up and down claiming we were a top 4 team because we beat the Warriors.

You forgot the win against Manly...half the forum were crowing that was really indicative of what to expect at the business end of the season. . .

You forgot to mention it was our errors that put us under all that pressure. As for the dig at Boyd, I can only hope that he is on his way to Red Hill. Unlike Barba, he has had more than one good year and is not just coasting by on potential.

**** Boyd !!

I'm actually liking Barba in the 6 ....he's defending much better than I thought he would and with the ball in his hands, he looks like given more time there, he could start to find holes in opposing defence lines.

Press Conference Broncos v Storm

Hear from coach Anthony Griffin and captain Corey Parker after their side's 30 - 8 loss to the Storm.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that was a positive for Barba, probably the best his been all season, that says a lot though.

Hunt seems very hot and cold. He's awesome when he's on fire. Hard to watch when he's cold

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.