Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

We don't use our backs nearly enough, good results mostly when we do. For our pack, there is no real mileage up the middle. Their job is to hold it defensively, and get the ball moving in attack.

Offloading was not good. I liked what Barba did and it looks to me he is only going to get better.

I thought Macca's service was poor - too slow.

The game next week will be the real test of the Broncos mettle. It's how you come back that counts.

Hunt seems very hot and cold. He's awesome when he's on fire. Hard to watch when he's cold

Yeah, it's a concern. I hope we re-sign him but I don't want to be paying overs for him. Him deciding to test his worth on the open market might work out to the club's advantage. He could still turn out to be a one year wonder.

Things don't seem so bad now, just got a call from a friend from work, his mum has had a heart attack, hope she will be ok, brings back memories of what happened to my father a few years ago at a Titans game.

Brisbane started poorly before they even touched the ball and never recovered.

Hunt had a shocking game. Definitely the worst of any half I've seen this season and while I wouldn't say he cost Brisbane single handily he really let the team down tonight.

How could you, after that defensive resolve the Broncos showed early to keep Melbourne to 6 after all that territory and possession only to throw the ball away, right away?

Abysmal but he and the rest of the team will learn from that.

Won't waste my time going through it, but just a poor night out as a team Brisbane and they'll need to get their butts into gear.

On the positive side, was pleased with Barba's work in defence, Copley showed some good signs with the ball although he will need to pass it more and that Hoffman try-saving tackle was the best I've seen.

I also got to watch one of my Rugby League idols run round, too bad he wears the #9 for a different team.

As dreadful as the performance was, still enjoy going out to the game, although I just about fell asleep after the Hoffman try.

Sad Morkel is sad.

This fucking ****.....

tumblr_l74402qimV1qzr2iro1_r1_400.gif

...wanted to punch him all fucking night...

Last edited:
Rito, here goes.
First time thread poster, long time broncs fan (talking gene miles era). First, **** the coach facet. Played low grade footy for 8-9 yrs n really, come game time, it's up to the players on the field.
2nd, how long has it been for u supporters out there that u had that undeniable belief that no matter what, ur team could win from almost any situation?
I guess I'm not talking about Broncs scoring 3 tries in last 8 mins of a game but more so that given apparent insurmountable odds, my team that I dearly love would have that character, that harmony, that desire to accomplish the extraordinary for not me, not u, but for their fellow teammates n the pride that they all should feel wearing the Broncos jersey.
Wow, long sentence.
I guess I'm trying to get to the heart of what I believe makes my team the team I know it can be n should be.
U hear these tossers on the TV or radio saying a team lacks commitment n they're not working for each other. Their full of shit most times but lately, with the Broncs, we're proving them right.
I wish that b4 games the players n coaching staff would sometimes take the time to have a look at the emblem in their jersey/clothing n recognise the history that it represents, the emotion that it should provoke, the FUCKING FIRE it should instill in them n play footy the way they can n must to make us fans proud.
I know I'm ranting but the worst, gut-wrenching feeling I ever had was seeing the look of disappointment in my team's supporters when I came off the field knowing I could of done more.
We're not done yet but until we find that inner fire, that determination to succeed or collapse from exhaustion then we will only b making up the numbers.
Thanks for ur time reading this.

A down but not out DIE HARD fan

Welp, Griffin did all the clubs work for it in selling his dismissal tonight. Just an utter brain dead **** of a coach. I am too angry to say anything else. Just awful display in front of our home crowd and the referees were shit too, just to top it off.

Brisbane started poorly before they even touched the ball and never recovered.

Hunt had a shocking game. Definitely the worst of any half I've seen this season and while I wouldn't say he cost Brisbane single handily he really let the team down tonight.

How could you, after that defensive resolve the Broncos showed early to keep Melbourne to 6 after all that territory and possession only to throw the ball away, right away?

Abysmal but he and the rest of the team will learn from that.

Won't waste my time going through it, but just a poor night out as a team Brisbane and they'll need to get their butts into gear.

On the positive side, was pleased with Barba's work in defence, Copley showed some good signs with the ball although he will need to pass it more and that Hoffman try-saving tackle was the best I've seen.

I also got to watch one of my Rugby League idols run round, too bad he wears the #9 for a different team.

As dreadful as the performance was, still enjoy going out to the game, although I just about fell asleep after the Hoffman try.

The question is why those negatives after what was a pretty good performance the week before.

I wonder what is going on in the the players' minds that can explain such a below par performance so soon after a pretty good one.

It baffles me, and again, next week will show what this team is made of, if it has any heart.

I believe the win disguised issues that were there on Saturday and present tonight.

Excacerbated by poorer performances from some and poor selections which hurt the team.

I have to say, I've never been a Hook hater. I am not a Hook supporter either, but after watching the man sub Macca in literally 90 seconds into the second half. That took the cake for me. Just... wow. That is bad bench management. Pure and simple.

I believe the win disguised issues that were there on Saturday and present tonight.

Excacerbated by poorer performances from some and poor selections which hurt the team.

So what were those issues?

Poor ruck defence, limited auto-pilot play leading to rushed last tackle options which put the team under all sorts of unnecessary pressure.

Outside of the second-man play, I don't like the shape the boys stand in (too flat, bad lines) and don't think we use the width of the field enough.

Storm always did tonight.

Hopefully you think long and hard about it too.

There's more than just one answer.

Reed on the bench....

Brilliant. Just visionary coaching..

Respect.

I didn't renew after six years of membership having to watch those types of losses every home game last year. This was a classic 2013 clanger of a game.

Last edited:
Does anyone think their might be a problem fitness? Our line speed seems a lot slower then early in the season. Poor line speed and an undersized forward pack is a fatal combination.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Strop
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.