Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Round21TeamList

Agreed, first of 2 games against them over the next month, very winnable.

Who is left standing? Flegler still suspended right? Kennedy with no eyelid. Turpin and Paix with leg injuries. Half the squad playing for other teams.

I'd be stoked to win another 2 games and be really competitive in the others.

Newcastle will be almost full squad (pending today’s game.)
They will likely have their preferred spine for (i think) the third time this year?
Ponga
Clifford
Pearce
Brailey
The knights have looked good when they have been able to play their preferred spine, it wont be an easy win by any stretch.

Hopefully the lads turn up again and dont think it’ll just happen. We haven’t been great backing up from a win in recent times however the past months of footy does look like we are on the way up.
Very winnable with the right attitude

Will be a tough game I think.

Also on a Thursday night 🤮🤮

Here's hoping for some knights injuries today

The following game vs warriors looks very winnable though with the amount of injuries they've been copping

Newcastle will be almost full squad (pending today’s game.)
They will likely have their preferred spine for (i think) the third time this year?
Ponga
Clifford
Pearce
Brailey
The knights have looked good when they have been able to play their preferred spine, it wont be an easy win by any stretch.

Hopefully the lads turn up again and dont think it’ll just happen. We haven’t been great backing up from a win in recent times however the past months of footy does look like we are on the way up.
Very winnable with the right attitude
They may still be without Pearce.

They may still be without Pearce.
It's possible, but I believe he was very close to returning this week, so I would assume (all going well) he will be in the 17 next week. He cops some shit Pearce, but he is vital to what they do.
Ponga can only do so much, but when they're both there they are a much, much better team.

Who is left standing? Flegler still suspended right? Kennedy with no eyelid. Turpin and Paix with leg injuries. Half the squad playing for other teams.
Will anyone ever loan players to us?

Levi surely gets the starting spot against his old club, he looked crisp last night with his service and there's no bigger motivation than coming up against your old team.

I don't rate Newcastle highly at all, last week they had it all to play for and got belted by the Roosters who are basically missing half their squad.

If we can just stop handing over the ball in bad areas we will be hard to beat for any team, even Penrith fans were sweating last week. We have a pack that can get us down the field quite easily and some exciting backs who are more than capable. Both Wests and the Cows never looked like getting into good field position unless we gifted it to them, we cut that out and that will instantly make us a top 8 side.

We need Gamble to do to Ponga what he did to To'o, just put up those high floating bombs and give him no opportunity to build up a head of steam. I hope our kick chase is on point.

Maybe what we need in a dummy half is a rotation policy. Keep them hungry for a run while also keeping them fresh.

Opposition also may not know who they'll be up against each week so homework could be difficult.

I know combinations matter but when you're not winning, combinations can actually be a safety net of mediocrity.

Shake it up and make it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.