Round 21 - Broncos Vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Great win with a much needed boost to the for and against.

Happy to win, although I think the scoreline flattered us somewhat.

You only beat me by one minute!

I had to wait till the delayed telecast finished down here in NSW.

Geeze I thought Wallace looked good ball in hand throughout the second half. I also reckon Locky has chalked up more line breaks this year than he has the rest of his career at 6.

That was a sensational performance by the boys. Bit of a shame we took the foot off the pedal a bit in the 2nd half, although the Sharks did play with a bit more purpose in the 2nd half. We still won the half by two points (personally I think the goal kicker had the Broncos to win @ 30+).

Beale had his best game on the wing - he was outstanding.

Great to see Hodges hit some form too. He's been pretty average since that last Origin game, and now he's finally showing us what he's so awesome again.

Anyone still doubting Beale's speed?

... or his skills. About time he had a few chances to show his stuff. Gagai anyone? No thanks.

What made this win memorable for me was that the width and depth in attack returned, although the execution is still a bit off. Had the execution been right it would have been 80 - 16 but then, I'm not complaining. Interesting how it coincided with Hodgo's return to form.

Hannant's first half was spectacular.

Epic song choice for Benny Hannant's tries. Chicken dance! :haha:

Epic song choice for Benny Hannant's tries. Chicken dance! :haha:

Lol! That was hilarious.

I was pretty happy with the game except the part where we let the Sharks score tries. Beale was a gun, so was freaking Hannant!!!

On another note, I'd like to bag out the Sharks for complaining to security about the fireworks that goes off when we score tries and kick for goals. We sit right behind the firework guys and they got a word from the Sharks, so you may have noticed the lack of fireworks after halftime! How petty! Not that it made them win anyway.

They should've moved the fireworks to near the tunnel and set them off as the Sharks went off.

Would have loved Locky to sit out a majority of the 2nd half after the game was wrapped up and had Hunt and Wallace in the halves. It was a golden opportunity to give the boys a go last night.

One thing we can take out of the game is we still have a **** load of improvement in us. Do the like of the Storm, Dragons or Manly have that sort of improvement in them?? I don't think so. Will be interesting to see if Griffin can get the boys firing on all cylinders at the right time of year. Looking forward to having Te'o back also. Mcguire whilst a very good up and coming prop needs to hold on to the ball FFS!

Saying there is improvement in the side is the easy part, actually improving is the difficult part. :p

Hannant was really strong last night. So good to have him at back at the Broncos

I just had a memory at this game. Did anyone see Josh Hoffman give Peter Wallace a spray when he scored that selfish "try" he was going off. Think it was the 2nd or 3rd tackle or something...he wasn't happy.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.