[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

If you can stomach it, just watch Annersley's media briefing tomorrow.

he'll talk about the Sharks being dudded far longer than the incident in our game (Actually he'll probably talk about the Radley one for a while). He'll ignore the fact that this decision came of the back of a captain's challenge that the Roosters were not permitted to make under the NRL's own rules. (because no-one in the media has brought it up)

Actually, FWIW, i do think that Perenara did know that couldn't be challenged, because he pretty much cleared everything straight to the play the ball drop. only to be told by Klein to go back and check the contact.
There’s a Telegraph article about how the roosters have been the most penalised side for ever and the refs are doing it subconsciously.

So the drugged up immortal sees nothing wrong with a player almost being crippled while attempting to kick a fg? If is was Newcastle’s half back or Rooster’s half back him, Cronk and Fittler would be screaming for the offender to wiped for months and would bleat on about our little guys needing protection.

But because it was Broncos they don’t give a toss. That much is plainly obvious.
It was such a plain penalty I thought. I can’t believe it’s not being taken seriously, do they want more Steve Price incidents? I can’t remember when it wasn’t penalty.

It was such a plain penalty I thought. I can’t believe it’s not being taken seriously, do they want more Steve Price incidents? I can’t remember when it wasn’t penalty.
Was it because it was Albert Kelly? and not someone like the "absolute superstar" (the term gets used so often it sickens me) Sam Walker, or the "absolute superstar" Ivan Cleary? I'm 100% sure if Flegs did the same careless and dangerous lunge he'd still be getting crucified by these 'experts'.

It's gone beyond a joke, there needs to be something done about the very poor standards of refereeing and the even lower standards of commentary. Where are the voices of the "old boys' now? The Broncos are absolutely under siege and barely a murmur from the whole lot of them.

Fire up FFS! and support the club.

There’s a Telegraph article about how the roosters have been the most penalised side for ever and the refs are doing it subconsciously.
That was last week and Kunt had the audacity to say "there is this perception that roosters came up with the idea to give away deliberate penalties inside their 10m, but that is a lie"

I'm sorry what???

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Everyone knows it was the roosters who introduced the tactical penalties to the competition and I'm sure if I went back through some articles or 360 clips on YouTube you could find Kunt explaining exactly that.

If we are getting dudded by the refs, I've often thought it would be worthwhile to put a team together to compile data that shows this. I imagine the Broncos have their own game footage that gives a better view of the field rather than the ultra-zoomed in TV broadcast we have to watch. It would not be a hard task to analyse the 10m, how early each team is being allowed to move up, how often players are not being called for offside etc.

Don't even bother looking at the more subjective areas like foul play or ruck infringements. If we could put together a report that shows we are being more harshly reffed with regards to all things 10m and offside, we could put a lot of pressure on the NRL. Leak it to the media rather than make any formal complaints for maximum effect and exposure.
The ARU used to have their own camera just watching the ref in trials games .
Always on the ref and a 5- 10 metre bubble around him .

After the past two games I'm convinced more than ever that we're in a better position to make a run for a premiership in the next 2-4 years than most of the other teams (teams currently 7-16 on the ladder, plus Eels). There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it should be enjoyable to watch our team improve over the next few seasons.

That Kennedy’s drop ball has a Sims feel about it. I don’t ever want to see that spud in a Broncos jersey again
Well, you're going to be disappointed then. Why aren't you whinging about the try straight through the middle to make it 18 all? They should be dropped.

Anyway… fucking robbed… fucking Kennedy… fucking ref…

Now I have that out of my system. Bloody good effort by the Broncos. There are definitely some green shoots sprouting out of the garbage fire of the last few years.

Our defence is generally a lot better, you can see the team is playing for each other more and we are noticeably better as a unit. We are obviously missing some key components but the signing next year will definitely help.

Flegler had a great game - just unlucky at the end. Milford was unsurprisingly a waste of space and Kennedy needs to be dropped for Bully next week.
Kennedy won't be dropped. We shouldn't have been in this position. Levi and Riki should be the ones dropped. All Kennedy did was drop a pass, not miss a tackle and let a try in like Levi and Riki. Absolutely atrocious mid field defence. Straight through the middle. Takehao on to Tedesco. Suddenly 18 all.

Kennedy won't be dropped. We shouldn't have been in this position. Levi and Riki should be the ones dropped. All Kennedy did was drop a pass, not miss a tackle and let a try in like Levi and Riki. Absolutely atrocious mid field defence. Straight through the middle. Takehao on to Tedesco. Suddenly 18 all.
It’s far easier to miss a tackle than it is to drop a ball cold on a hit up with no defender insight. Most the population couldn’t tackle an nrl player but under 9’s female touch teams across the planet are managing to catch a ball that was passed 3 m

"But Levi's a much better hooker than Turpin" - almost everyone.

Don't waste your time mate

**** YOU Ashley Klein you are a first class **** of a ref . Always throughout your whole miserable career you have dudded the Broncos time and time again . Flegler clearly goes for the ball but the rorters appeal supersedes all . Seriously the Broncos should be blowing up at the NRL , nearly every week we get fucked up the arse by appalling refereeing. This was a really good game up until Kennedy drops that ball, (aside from the other numerous stupid mistakes). Actually impressed with the efforts of Glenn, Levi , Mead and flegler tonight . They are playing with a determination now I haven't seen for seen for some time , we lose but we were really competitive and our defence is improving every game . Bullshit way to lose this game but finally we were in it to the death and that alone impressed me . Go the Broncos .
Levi??????????? Impressed by his arm grabbing leading directly to Tedesco scoring under the posts!!! That's where we lost.

It’s far easier to miss a tackle than it is to drop a ball cold on a hit up with no defender insight. Most the population couldn’t tackle an nrl player but under 9’s female touch teams across the planet are managing to catch a ball that was passed 3 m
Far easier to blame a dropped pass on a wet night rather than blame Levi and Riki for appalling defence that directly resulted in a try. Kennedy's mistake didn't result in a try.

I knew the moment Rhys Kennedy dropped it cold on a regular hit up we were going to get beat, I'd rather focus on that than what happened in the bunker

How does an NRL standard player fk that up? you shouldn't be looking at how many blokes are going to smash you, catch the ball and play it safely, do that 4 times and kick it long, we win that game.

Unbelievable stuff
How does Haas get bundled in to touch on the first tackle on a regulation hit up? How does an NRL standard, highest standard actually do that? Kennedy dropped the ball on a wet night. It happens. It didn't directly lead to a try. If Flegler didn't habitually offend by going high we win.

Can't really blame Milford or Coates tonight, Coates dropped one which resulted in a try but he also set one up

Milford came on late in the game, maybe he could've been a bit smarter with that kick he put down but outside of a couple of years of being the worst half in the league you can't really blame anything from tonight on him

Neither will be missed but again, can't blame them for the loss
Funny isn't it? Coates makes three errors, one leading directly to a try yet shouldn't be blamed. Kennedy drops a pass on a wet night and blame for the loss falls on him. Joke.

Funny isn't it? Coates makes three errors, one leading directly to a try yet shouldn't be blamed. Kennedy drops a pass on a wet night and blame for the loss falls on him. Joke.
It has been like that for a long time. People always remember the last blunder, just like with Sims in 2008, despite the rest of the team making errors left, right and centre too. You just have to be extra careful in the dying moments with a close scoreline, your one job is not to stuff it up, you don't even have to run hard or anything.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.