/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Wtf is with Chanel 9 not 1 broncos interview
It might have something to do with the commentary last week. Hats off to the broncos if that's the case. You hear very bias commentary every week, especially against us, but fittlers was shocking last week. He was calling offsides and penalties against the broncos that were not there at all and justified some really poor decisions against us..

I watched the replay and I don’t think there was one set where Newcastle didn’t get a penalty or six again in the first half. It was pretty similar in the second. In fact, at the 25 minute-ish mark, there was a six again for a too slow tackle that was literally about 1 second from start to completion.

‘The better teams tend to get more penalties because they have the ball more’ - Annerselery 2022

Just saw the replay for Ezra’s try and you can hear Milford blowing up because he was out of position and got burned by his replacement. Then totally gave up on the chase.

I watched the replay and I don’t think there was one set where Newcastle didn’t get a penalty or six again in the first half. It was pretty similar in the second. In fact, at the 25 minute-ish mark, there was a six again for a too slow tackle that was literally about 1 second from start to completion.

‘The better teams tend to get more penalties because they have the ball more’ - Annerselery 2022
The buck stops with Adam Reynolds and Kurt Capewell on that. Gus was riding Reynolds all night about needing to assert himself. I think he was right.

Cobbo needs to stop taking on the sideline when it’s clearly not on, he does it every game, twice tonight. It’s ok to just take the tackle ffs.
I said this a while ago, and several people said he doesn't do it. Needs to learn to come in field instead of running down the sideline as his only option, especially early in the set. Also, he would have scored earlier if he didn't have a kick first attitude, he had only the fullback to beat and kicked it dead instead.

Happy to get the win but it was a lacklustre performance.

it really needs to be highlighted how bad the reffing was both on the field and the bunker. It didn’t change our performance but they shouldn’t be able to get away with this.

**** the reffing. Get over it. 🙄 if they were really trying to hamstring us they would have called Oates try back for a forward pass. Some days you get the calls others you don't.

The real problem is we need to hang on to the ball and stop trying to score on play 2 every set.

It was a rough win, but we're still not at a point where can afford to be without several of our first-choice players (Paix, Farnsworth, Carrigan) and expect to stay with the top teams. Hooker in particular continues to be a concern without Paix there, as he was providing the attacking spark off the bench during the winning streak.

It was a rough win, but we're still not at a point where can afford to be without several of our first-choice players (Paix, Farnsworth, Carrigan) and expect to stay with the top teams. Hooker in particular continues to be a concern without Paix there, as he was providing the attacking spark off the bench during the winning streak.
Was he? Paix has been extremely disappointing this year.

Happy with the 2 pts , but it really was a lackluster mistake riddled performance . Really enjoying Ezra Mam , Te Maire Martin and Oates performances though. With Carrigon and the Herbster back , and I think start Gamble again , there's no reason we can't have a good crack at the finals . At full roster we are capable of better football than this , especially from the forwards, I just hope they have the resolve to produce it.

A few things that stuck out being at the game last night.
  • Our middle is still pretty passive in defence as a unit. Our line speed and an intent is MIA. I hope we’re keeping it up our sleeve for September.

• Hot take, but TMM might be the best thing that happened to the Broncos this year. Obviously ARey has done wonders, but it’s TMMs work of the ball, especially in our 20m that makes all the difference. We were pretty shit last night and could have leaked so many more points if it wasn’t for TMM yelling and pushing players into position. Especially around the ruck. I do wonder how many more games we would have lost this year without him.

• Cobbo is so willing but damn he’s green. You can see him going into touch before he catches the ball. And I was so dirty when he didn’t keep his width for a certain try in the second half. But you can’t get made, he’s too loveable.

• Hotwire’s defence looked legit at centre. He’s been great depth.

• Kennedy’s first ruck involvement was a 6 again. After all the chat on the forum this week it was hilarious.

• ARey doesn’t seem his confident self at the moment. We were lucky last night that we were playing a shit team. Was it two or three passes that hit the ground? Someone mentioned it earlier, but he’s not going deep and really engaging the defenders.

• Also, Milford is thick. Real thick. I don’t remember seeing him thicker. Maybe his thickest. I really don’t know what Wayne is going to get out of him next year, he was really poor. Unless he can loose a heap of weight and find his athleticism again, he’s got nothing else to offer.

I thought last night was vintage Milford

Ezra burned him for that try in the first half, then later in the game when Newcastle actually had a bit of momentum in the game, he kicks it out on the full and essentially throws the game away

Was he? Paix has been extremely disappointing this year.
I never had any expectations for Paix. Never really understood why anyone did. Neither he nor Billy to me are anything to complain about, but nothing to get excited about either. Paix might have more upside than Billy, but Billy is trying hard to be Mr Consistent. Be surprised if he doesn't get that award.

Turpin, on the other hand, seems to be someone to complain about. His service last night was noticeably delayed several times allowing the Knights to get up in Reynolds' shit, which cost us close to the line. Maybe Kevvie sees something in Jake's defence that differentiates him from the other two, but fans seem to think otherwise. I just hope he has a plan for next season that's more than waiting for Mozer to get older.

If Herbie isn't 100%, I would stick with Deloise next week. I'm not sure how much an 80% Herbie would bring to the team. Patty is a massive loss, though. We can all see that.

In two minds on Riki. Obviously, he bolted on the dickfingers before kick off, which stood out.

However, he was ripping in in attack. If he'd held one of them, I think he was through the line and scoring. Ran a bunch of decoys too.

I think on a dry deck, his same performance would have been much more highly regarded.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Tim K
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Rah88
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.