PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

@Smokin' Joe liked this post. Behind the scenes tampering confirmed or is Joe just fucking with us? What if Joe turned out to be the biggest troll on this forum? Would lose all faith in humanity.

On the game, I just can't see a win. Maloney is going to have a field day I think. Hopefully this is the game that Shiba clicks in attack. Moga had feet for hands as well (from memory) but at least he had a few great attacking games.
Well if it is true then, WTF !!! Is locky pulling strings behind the scenes, because that would be the only guy with a footy brain that has any capability in our management team.
Come on Joe, give us something???
You have mentioned that our team will be completely different to what it was at the start of this year, is there more coming?

At this stage mate you could bring one of our ex playmakers out of retirement, tell them they don't have to make double digit metres in movement whatsoever just kick or pass and they would still offer more then Boyd.
He touched the ball 13 times.. FUCKING 13. As a 300+ Game rep player... Wingers touch the ball more times than he did. Fucking atrocious. How can someone who has played so many games be so fucking useless. The games where we have had forwards play 6 have been better.

We are going to get completely fucked. Does Seibold watch the games? Shibasaki and Boyd picked again? BIG FUCKING YIKES.

Panthers by 20.
[automerge]1565750495[/automerge]
Remember that time Boyd retired from rep footy? After he was told he wasn't picked... Maybe if we don't pick him in NRL he will retire from that too...

The Panthers aren't too crash hot imo: they have an overrated pack and not much strike out wide apart from Kikau. The Sharks were rubbish last week and almost came over the top of Penrith late.

This game is there to be won, the panthers are not going that great
But then I remembered who our 6 and 7 are :(
I love Turps, but he belongs in the 9

Obviously a damaging runner. Anyone know what his defence is like?

Perese has 117 tackle busts in 15 games of ISC this season, in case you were wondering if he could run the ball.
It's his defense that has been terrible, if we could morph him with Shiba. We would have an absolute weapon.

Not as good as Shibas, well swap them over in attack and defence.

Obviously a damaging runner. Anyone know what his defence is like?

This has been my take all year as early as Saturday night's game to February.

You can see how close or far away he is now, at the start of the year he didn't understand the basics of league, everything took him that split second of thinking was a game earlier in the season where he went to marker and clearly didn't understand the role.

He's got that under control now and he's got league smarter in attack he but certainly not in defence.

Last night was a classic example, run for miles score chip and chase try but defend a three on three- no he comes in and goes out and just gets done too often. He averages too many missed tackles and very bad reads in defence. Needs to refine that part of his game.

Jesse Arthars v Perese today, I thought Arthars had the best of him the try that got the Bears back to 14-14 was Perese coming in for no reason and he got injured doing it but then scores a great try stepping back inside at inside shoulders and scores the winner for Dolphins.

Still that completely un-needed movement in defence.

He’s similar to Perese a month ago bit lost but speed and strength get him home.

I thought Perese had his best game against the Hunters. Impressive running at the gap for his try. No way he scores that 10 weeks ago.

He still breaks tackles like no man's business but now he is becoming league smart and getting more involved and set up a nice try with a freaky pass and again more game aware.

Had his best game last week. Great tackle and try.

Other than that massive teething problems. Does things like doesn’t know his role from marker or touched the ball before 10m.

Even in general play- runs if you give him the ball and beats men but can’t deviate off that set task because he doesn’t have the league knowledge. Really one dimensional still.

That tackle is the big play indicator- first time I have seen him time and read a situation. I commented earlier this year he just looked lost and a bit unsure- he was taking that second to react that players that have done something a while don't need.

He didn't know how to chase from marker and touched a kick off things like that.

That tackle shows improvement in reacting and understanding.

I watched Redcliffe v Souths.

I thought while Perese tries hard and wants to run the ball, he is lacking in any sort of anticipation and won't show any variance from his area. His game awareness needs massive work.

Niu on debut I thought was ok, he will have to keep working on using other players, still has that I will just run mentality of MM. A combination of MSL and Port could be dangerous for the Magpies.

Magpies were super disappointing to lose, should never have even been in that position.

I haven't changed my opinion from February, he's certainly not lost anymore in attack or different roles but his defence is a worry, he can tackle but it's just awareness for what this situation needs that has proven hard to solve.

Residents was his best defence, which I was surprised by because I wasn't too sure he deserved to be there but he was great. He was with Broadhurst though who is a great defender and communicator.

Been fun watching him, he's entertaining.

Last edited:
Perese worries me more than a little defensively, as @1910 said, he lacks awareness. The rest of his game has come on a fair bit now for Reddy, but I haven't seen his defence improve anywhere near as much as the rest of his game

Perese is very much like Moga.

He can do some brilliant things but it's guaranteed he'll also make you pull your hair out.

With these things considered, even though I’ve been down on Shiba can we really afford to have such a defensive liability debuting in what’s effectively a must win match?

I don't see the point in blooding Perese off the bench. Even if he came in for Segeyaro as the utility, the move makes little sense in a contest that is so vital for the Broncos season. Either he comes in for Shibasaki or he doesn't play, it's that simple.

If this move does take place, it would just be another half measure by the coach. With a squad that is going through a transition, I don't think they can afford this kind of weak leadership.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.