PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Izaia Perese to debut against the Panthers, coming off the bench.

100 games ago is 2015. I don't want to turn this into Bennett vs. Seibold 5000, but Boyd only started struggling last year and changes were made around Darius. Boyd put all his focus into club football which saw him momentarily improve his form and when that wasn't good enough he was moved into the centres. Had the Broncos had the depth to make the move work, it may have lasted more than three games but as it was, Kahu had a shocker against Canterbury and the move was halted for the pre-season that never was.

My issue with this move is that it's another half measure that doesn't improve the team. I'm looking forward to watching Perese because I like what I've seen of him, but I don't think Seibs is doing him any favours.
Could it be more about introducing and giving him a taste??

It sounds like he is starting to train at left centre which could be an indication Seibs is considering a permanent move for him, but wants his defence to improve.

If Perese's defence is so suspect I'm happy for him to not be starting.... having a liability defending on the edge cannot be overcome by attacking quality (Coates anyone).

For anyone in the know is Perese a legitimate left sided player or another right side player being shoehorned into our troublesome left center spot??

Also in regards to losing Kennedy for Perese I'm pretty sure Kennedy has been getting the junk 10-15 minutes anyway.

Just means we get Carrigan playing 50-60mins

Could it be more about introducing and giving him a taste??

It sounds like he is starting to train at left centre which could be an indication Seibs is considering a permanent move for him, but wants his defence to improve.

If Perese's defence is so suspect I'm happy for him to not be starting.... having a liability defending on the edge cannot be overcome by attacking quality (Coates anyone).

For anyone in the know is Perese a legitimate left sided player or another right side player being shoehorned into our troublesome left center spot??

Also in regards to losing Kennedy for Perese I'm pretty sure Kennedy has been getting the junk 10-15 minutes anyway.

Just means we get Carrigan playing 50-60mins

thats right...one of those tier 2 middle forwards will have to play extended shifts....

I believe he will switch with shiba. Looks like Kennedy misses out.

mmm....what a interesting development...our season hinges on this game.....lose and we are basically cooked...and Siebs makes THIS particular bench change..??

Is this like a warning shot across JPD bows..??....will he hook him when he makes his first mistake..??

Im sorry, i find the whole thing very interesting that all...?

thats right...one of those tier 2 middle forwards will have to play extended shifts....
Carrigan has been getting more and more minutes as the season goes on... and to me he looks good whilst he is out there ie. noticeable team improvement when he is on compared to when he is off the field. I think he played 60mins against the titans a few weeks back as well.

Flegler has been starting at lock and second row throughout the year.

Offa has played 80mins at lock several times already in his career... including being an 80min prop at junior levels.

Not to mention Haas and Lodge have been averaging big minutes this season.

The concern would be if we lose a forward in the game, but Offa can then just play 80 and Carrigan/Haas/Lodge play bigger minutes in the middle.

Even Macca played some lock at the death when Seggy was still on the field.

I dont think it is a huge issue to overcome.

Honestly how the **** is Shibasaki even able to play QCup let alone NRL. Bloke is a bloody potato. To say he has feet for hands would be a compliment.

Also, does anyone else think we probably shouldn't be throwing such big money at Oates? he has been completely missing since the first origin game.

Honestly how the **** is Shibasaki even able to play QCup let alone NRL. Bloke is a bloody potato. To say he has feet for hands would be a compliment.

Also, does anyone else think we probably shouldn't be throwing such big money at Oates? he has been completely missing since the first origin game.
d
13 tries from 17 games this season - our leading try scorer. Next is Staggs with 7 from 19 games. Not bad considering he's at the end of the backline from hell.

...look...its getting to the point now where we have to stop looking at signing all our forwards to long term deals....if the trend continues we risk being far too top heavy....

As you've stated...its time to start deploying resources and money into others areas of the team, so i agree its time to really think abut what Oates offers us and what that would cost us..

Ill say this; hed stay with us for unders im pretty sure about that...

Wouldn't go as far as calling Shibba a potato but agree 100pct he shouldn't be in the team.
As for Oates agree his form has been garbage since Origin plus he will spill one in two bombs. Also Jesse Arthurs has been signed and plays in same position so maybe switch Oates to back row or get rid as don't want to see us pay overs for a winger.
Same applies to Milford and Bird. We are not getting value for money. We could offload both and go after Ramien plus a fullback and experienced half and be better off cap wise not to mention stronger team also.

Wouldn't go as far as calling Shibba a potato but agree 100pct he shouldn't be in the team.
As for Oates agree his form has been garbage since Origin plus he will spill one in two bombs. Also Jesse Arthurs has been signed and plays in same position so maybe switch Oates to back row or get rid as don't want to see us pay overs for a winger.
Same applies to Milford and Bird. We are not getting value for money. We could offload both and go after Ramien plus a fullback and experienced half and be better off cap wise not to mention stronger team also.

Um, no offence, however your post makes no sense. Not getting value for money from Milford? He was and remains, our best player, and his inconsistencies are more to do with the fiasco with our halves and Dariu$$$ than Milf's skills and form.

Bird? I seem to recall he was coming good and playing really strongly before his injury. For mine he's a game breaker and key to our backline strength for next year.

Ramien? WTF? Looking at his record I'd rather avoid him and focus on Bird.

Oates? Amongst the top try scorers and his metres aren't to be sneezed at. His form has dipped, sure, but again, whose hasn't in the backs?

Our problems for mine are an appalling recruitment and retention strategy in the backs. Far too much has been focused on the forwards.

If milfs role stopped getting changed every 12 games we'd get value for money. Whether that be from 1 or 6.

d
13 tries from 17 games this season - our leading try scorer. Next is Staggs with 7 from 19 games. Not bad considering he's at the end of the backline from hell.
On top of that, I believe he is the top try scorer in the NRL over the last 4 or 5 seasons.

WWOS article quoted Siebs giving Keary a bit of a spray...."....there is a Australian number 6 playing for a team in Sydney who only made 4 metres last week and missed five tackles.."

So....is Siebs sayng that Keary is 4 times better than Darius...?
[automerge]1565834050[/automerge]
i reckon this years a joke anyway....NRL should do the honorable thing and come out and announce a top 5 finals for this year...just like the old days...

Everyone else below Manly on the ladder cannot hope to win the title this year...a year of mediocrity..

Last edited:

Active Now

• Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Rah88
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.