PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

while i don't mind that ...

I think Milfords better for us at fullback. I think he can excel there after an off season acclimating to the position again. less defensive workload, more room and not being "locked" to one side of the field are all benefits this move has to not only Milfords game, but the team.

Bird at 5/8 is a better option imo, he is a better defender and can use his strong running game just as well there as he can at the back.
The other bonus of that is Bird likes to be locked to one side of the field and when he played 6 for the sharks he was very damaging

Dearden takes control of the middle and left, Milf chimes in either side and Bird locks down the right side.

Last edited:
Wallace was the MVP. Never should’ve lost him.
Wallace was the punching bag of many towards the end of his time with us. He probably would've been a good foil for Milford, but there was much relief when he was moved to accommodate Hunt at the end of 2013.

Wallace was a proper halfback. Exactly what we haven't had since. His only crime was not being a freak like Langer or Thurston.

Wallace of 2008/9 and Wallace afterwards felt like very different players. The injury to the balls (2 of them?) seemed to kill his running game and he ended up having speed to barely rival Shane Perry.

Wallace of 2008/9 and Wallace afterwards felt like very different players. The injury to the balls (2 of them?) seemed to kill his running game and he ended up having speed to barely rival Shane Perry.
I always thought Wallace was good enough as long as he had someone of Locky's calibre outside him. We don't have anyone approaching either calibre right now.

Dearden reminds me a bit of Wallace, but he's nowhere near that standard yet. Hopefully, he'll surpass it.

Maybe the one positive to come out of Turpin playing in the halves is he might have a better understanding of how to service his halfback when he returns to his rightful throne.

Last edited:
I don’t see Staggs as a long term centre. What are your thoughts on him playing lock in the future BP?

Off the bench I think he could be a real option. As a starting option, I just don't believe he has the defensive skills to make a fist of the position. Not only in terms of technique, but knowing where to fill in and your role in the defensive line.

Off the bench I think he could be a real option. As a starting option, I just don't believe he has the defensive skills to make a fist of the position. Not only in terms of technique, but knowing where to fill in and your role in the defensive line.
He is having a little of the same issue ay centre lately but it could be the men inside him. Thanks for your thoughts BP.

Peter Nolan presenting Izaia Perese his debut jersey.

It should tell you how integral Nolan was at bring Izaia to the club.

You can tell, just by listening to him, that he’s originally a rah-rah man.

He sounds way more edumacated and speaks good, heaps better than dumb league players.

You can tell, just by listening to him, that he’s originally a rah-rah man.

He sounds way more edumacated and speaks good, heaps better than dumb league players.

Surely they’ve got some sort of play or plan that involves him when he gets on

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.