Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Turpin deserves his sentence, he went in with a clinched fist. It was intentional and stupid, so he needs a stint.

IMO what Turpin did was reckless not careless so he is getting off light.

And I'm more than happy if that is the standard but they change their mind every week depending on how much scrutiny there is from jounos. That's the joke of it they can't even set their own standard and stick with it, then it's always the next club which infringes that gets whacked.

Thats's Greenburg for you though , under his watch the game has no idea what it needs to look like. The guy is just a pure politician.

Aaand to push the bias a bit further.

Tapine doesnt get suspended for a punch that got him sent to the bin... so apparently a punching is necessary contact to the head 🤔🤔🤔

Munster didn't get suspended for a cannonball tackle... so taking out knees is also all good in the NRL as well

IT was on a Melbourne player, so it probably was necessary!

Turpin deserves his sentence, he went in with a clinched fist. It was intentional and stupid, so he needs a stint.
So true, he should have just punched him in the head properly. That's much less deliberate.

The player slid and fell on his back as Turpin went in. He had a closed fist but it wasn't meant to be going at his head, unlike a punch to the head...

Turpin was probably frustrated at having to play half back every week

So true, he should have just punched him in the head properly. That's much less deliberate.

The player slid and fell on his back as Turpin went in. He had a closed fist but it wasn't meant to be going at his head, unlike a punch to the head...
No but a swinging arm with a clinched fist to someone on the ground, and it was always going to hit him high. Where else was it going to connect?

No but a swinging arm with a clinched fist to someone on the ground, and it was always going to hit him high. Where else was it going to connect?
He slid on the ground. When you slide your body moves. It was reckless at worst. He went to hit him hard and it went wrong. The non-suspension was a punch in the face.. A PUNCH IN THE FACE...

I hope if we make the finals and have to play the Panthers that Seibs reads this little quote out from maloney to the boys - "They're not the same quality as some of the other sides. And we've still got some improvement. I wouldn't be worried about Brisbane," Maloney said, as he touched down in Sydney on Saturday. Disrespectful little twat!

Firstly Jimmy, let me just say ... SCOREBOARD

and to kick you while you're down, let me just say ... LADDER

and for the cherry, let me just say ... we overtook you with out any bloody halves, since they are all injured

and I'll allow Cartman to have the final word

He slid on the ground. When you slide your body moves. It was reckless at worst. He went to hit him hard and it went wrong. The non-suspension was a punch in the face.. A PUNCH IN THE FACE...
Turpin should get a week off with an early plea. Tapine should also get a week off with an early plea. The Storm should be kicked out of the comp, dirty cheating spine snapping pieces of shit the fucken lot of 'em.

Last edited:
TPJ should have just kneed Maloney in the head ... would likely have been free to play then.

We all know about Flanagan escaping suspension for blatantly kneeing Lodge in the head,

Well Brooks dropped his knee into the face of the Sea Eagles Jack Gosiewski, who was lying on the ground and is getting off with a $1500 fine

I don't think anyone really minds the Turpin ruling, it is basically the one ruling of late they've got right.
I don't mind the ruling at all. He deserves a suspension... The problem is the 6 or 7 they've let go in recent weeks. There's no way thats worse than a punch to the head "but it's a closed fist", which is exactly what a punch is but with pure intent to hurt.

It feels like every year we are always the club that seem to suffer from any hard-line stance by the MRC, whilst Melbourne continues to get off.

I don't mind the ruling at all. He deserves a suspension... The problem is the 6 or 7 they've let go in recent weeks. There's no way thats worse than a punch to the head "but it's a closed fist", which is exactly what a punch is but with pure intent to hurt.

It feels like every year we are always the club that seem to suffer from any hard-line stance by the MRC, whilst Melbourne continues to get off.
Big difference punching someone in the face when they're upright and looking at you, then lying on the ground holding a footy. It was weak and he shouldn't have done it.

I think we need a montage. Someone with some video editing skills and time to put together all these "highlights of unmitigated violence" and after each hit, freeze and stamp on the screen (with a gavel banging sound effect) Grade 1 - 1 week, or No Charge, or... You get it. Any takers? I'd definitely help that go viral. Expose the inconsistencies of this ridiculous judiciary.

Big difference punching someone in the face when they're upright and looking at you, then lying on the ground holding a footy. It was weak and he shouldn't have done it.
You mean like that time Flanagan kneed lodge in the head while he was on the ground, ball under one arm and at least one other bloke holding him and proceeded to get suspended for exactly 0 weeks?

I doubt anyone is denying what Turpin did was silly and deserves punishment. However, I think everyone is suggesting there is no consistency - some people get away with murder whilst others are hung out to dry.

It's not only us to be fair, the Warriors get smashed at the judiciary, if I'm not mistaken, the Bulldogs do too. It's only the darling clubs like Melbourne and the Roosters who rarely get charged but also rarely seem to lose when they challenge.

Billy Slater getting off was the most disgraceful blantant corruption I've seen in a "legal" system, ever. They supposedly model the judiciary off the actual legal system, dead set if our actual courts worked like that I'd revoke my citizenship.

Last week game, Melbourne had a minimum of 2 suspension worthy offences, NAS crusher tackle, worse than TPJs! and Kamikaze dude elbowing the neck of Dylan Walker while he was running the ball. Neither were even sighted.
Wrong, I saw them. I'm surprised neither were cited.

You mean like that time Flanagan kneed lodge in the head while he was on the ground, ball under one arm and at least one other bloke holding him and proceeded to get suspended for exactly 0 weeks?

I doubt anyone is denying what Turpin did was silly and deserves punishment. However, I think everyone is suggesting there is no consistency - some people get away with murder whilst others are hung out to dry.
I completely agree it's inconsistent and am real dirty with the TPJ grading. Also the kneeing incidents are ridiculous, that's obvious intent and deserves harsher penalties.
My argument was that a punch thrown when 2 players are face to face is different to what turpin did.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.