Round 22 Discussion

That try to mitchell under the rules isnt a try. Once somebody falls off it is still classed as two in the tackle. Eels got penalised for it a few weeks ago. Stupid rule but they clearly got it wrong
They got it right. If the first player drops off before the second makes contact it's fair game.

He didn't initiate the contact by running straight into Austin?

You need glasses mate.

He didn't run directly into him. You are the one needing the glasses. He overran the ball and then Austin played it well and ran into him because he was in the way.

Wallace is flat out terrible. The panthers looked so much better with Rein.

They got it right. If the first player drops off before the second makes contact it's fair game.

No it isn't. Cummins penalised Tapine for the same thing a few weeks ago and a Parra player got penalised for the same thing a few weeks later. The rule is once a player is shrugged off that is counted as being 2 in the tackle. It's a dumb rule but that is exactly what it is. Cummins explained it to Canberra like that.

No it isn't. Cummins penalised Tapine for the same thing a few weeks ago and a Parra player got penalised for the same thing a few weeks later. The rule is once a player is shrugged off that is counted as being 2 in the tackle. It's a dumb rule but that is exactly what it is. Cummins explained it to Canberra like that.
I didn't see the other times, but if that's what happened they were wrong. Regardless of what happened last time, today was 100% correct.

If 2 are in the tackle and one drops off, it's a penalty. If they touch the player at different times, such as the Mitchell try, it's play on.

I didn't see the other times, but if that's what happened they were wrong. Regardless of what happened last time, today was 100% correct.

If 2 are in the tackle and one drops off, it's a penalty. If they touch the player at different times, such as the Mitchell try, it's play on.

This is what confuses people. Lol there was just one then that is similar. I don't get what difference it makes.

There it is.

A poor kick from Luke Brooks gave Penrith a nice roll on and finally they give the ball to Cartwright, exploit Brooks on the fringe and score a nice try to seal the result.

They did it the tough way Penrith, but they were just too strong across the park for Wests.

There it is.

A poor kick from Luke Brooks gave Penrith a nice roll on and finally they give the ball to Cartwright, exploit Brooks on the fringe and score a nice try to seal the result.

They did it the tough way Penrith, but they were just too strong across the park for Wests.
Yep. Tigers couldn't hang on.

I'm ok with the no tries for obstruction. If an attacking player wants to stand around in the defensive line instead of getting out of it what do they think is going to happen?

That pass from Wallace seems like a fitting note to end the game on.

In the end, the scoreline ended up how it should have been, but it was typical Penrith/Hook. Do everything but score, invite the opposition back into the game and hope to god they grant you some opportunities at the death to redeem your performance. It'll be enough to get them into 8th but gee Penrith have to step it up next year if they want to be considered a genuine force.

Wests' had their moments but they were either outclassed or let themselves down with poor errors. On the brightside, the likes of Lolohea, Marsters, Twal and Eisenhuth are showing promising signs. If they can groom these players and surround them with a marquee signing there's no reason why they can't mix it with the top teams in 2019.

The dive from Eisenhuth was unnecessary, all he had to do was push Wallace and that would have been enough. The dive just colours everybody's perception of the incident. Wallace can't loiter in the defensive line, end of story.

This is what confuses people. Lol there was just one then that is similar. I don't get what difference it makes.
Well I guess it's one 2-man tackle vs two 1-man tackles.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.