Round 22: this week's guide to staying in the Eight

Thanks for the effort you are going to, to track all of this, much appreciated.
Just redid the sums. We can still make sixth, but we have to win every game and the Eels need to lose every game.

The win against Penrith locks us into 7th place on the ladder. Cronulla can displace Penrith if they beat St George on Sunday.

The win against Penrith locks us into 7th place on the ladder. Cronulla can displace Penrith if they beat St George on Sunday.
The race is now us, penrith, sharks and knights for two spots.

Knights stay in only because they have an easy draw.

Warriors and tigers out... warriors draw is too hard for them. Tigs out due to injuries

The race is now us, penrith, sharks and knights for two spots.

Knights stay in only because they have an easy draw.

Warriors and tigers out... warriors draw is too hard for them. Tigs out due to injuries
Seeing the Tigpies out of the running will bring a little joy over the coming month and a bit. An annoying **** at work loves them passionately.

Round 22 is a litmus test against the team most directly challenging our position in the 8. If we can't compete against the Panthers, we don't belong in the 8. Simple as that.

CONFIRMED: WE BELONG IN THE EIGHT.
[automerge]1565996847[/automerge]
Seeing the Tigpies out of the running will bring a little joy over the coming month and a bit. An annoying **** at work loves them passionately.
The Tigers are not out of the running but their fate is determined by other teams - Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Knights - losing.

Last edited:
POST WEEKEND TABLE SUMMARY

..................................................................................................................

WEEKEND RESULTS

IN OUR FAVOUR

Broncos (H) v Panthers: CRUCIAL.
Roosters (H) v Warriors: CRITICAL
Eagles (H) v Tigers: CRITICAL.

Rabbitohs (H) v Bulldogs: RELEVANT

NOT IN OUR FAVOUR
Sharks (H) v Dragons: CRITICAL
Knights (H) v Cowboys: SOMEWHAT RELEVANT.

...........................................................................................................................

CURRENT TABLE AND FUTURE GAMES

Points, Diff, next games. Teams in bold are currently higher on the table. (autopredicted points)

BRONCOS: 23, -40. Souths (H), Eels (H), Bulldogs (A) (25)

IMMINENT THREAT
SHARKS: 22, 8. Warriors (H), Raiders (H), Tigers (A) (26)
PANTHERS: 22, -75. Cowboys (A), Roosters (A), Knights (H) (26)

LOOMING THREAT
KNIGHTS: 20, 15. Tigers (A), Titans (H), Panthers (A) (24)
TIGERS: 20, -64. Knights (H), Dragons (A), Sharks (H) (22)

TERMINATED
WARRIORS: 19, 98. Sharks (A), Rabbitohs (H), Raiders (A) (19)

.......................................................................................................................................

AUTOPREDICTED LADDER
(based on team currently higher on ladder winning)

7. SHARKS
8. PANTHERS
9. BRONCOS
10. KNIGHTS
11. TIGERS

We need to beat the Eels/Rabbitohs or for an upset against the Panthers or Sharks. Best chance of the latter is in the final round.
...................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Makes this week's game kind of a must win, although that's kind of been true for the last month :P
Not really. We can make the Eight by winning one of the next three, if there's an upset against the Sharks or Panthers. I reckon the Knights will take out the Panthers in the final round.

Last edited:
Knights should be considered an imminent threat... their draw is so easy for the final 3 weeks that I can see them winning all of them which would take them to 26 points. (Tigers away, titans at home, panthers away)

Means we have to win 2 out of the last 3 to stay ahead.

Sharks have a pretty easy draw as well only because of home games (Warriors at home, raiders at home, tigers at leichhardt). Raiders and tigers games are critical... warriors could play well thinking they're still a chance.

I don't think the panthers are much chop away from home or in general, but their draw could be interesting... dare I say c'mon cows (Cows away, roosters away, knights at home)

Knights should be considered an imminent threat... their draw is so easy for the final 3 weeks that I can see them winning all of them which would take them to 26 points. (Tigers away, titans at home, panthers away)

Sharks have a pretty easy draw as well only because of home games (Warriors at home, raiders at home, tigers at leichhardt). Raiders and tigers games are critical... warriors could play well thinking they're still a chance.

I don't think the panthers are much chop away from home or in general, but their draw could be interesting... dare I say c'mon cows (Cows away, roosters away, knights at home)
You would hope that after the tripe that the Cows served up on the weekend that pride would have them put in a better performance and hopefully roll the panthers.

Yes, that’s true. If the Knights win all three, they go to 26. Two out of three will get us to the finals. One out of three is dicey.

Last edited:
Warriors are a big show this week. It's their last chance to stay in touch and the Sharks stunk last week.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • Wild Horse
  • Locky field goal
  • mystico
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brocko
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rookie Alan
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.