PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Season tickets must be a hard sell when there are so many Thursday night games.

It's utter BS that the Broncos get penalised for being a popular side in a big market and have to play so many Thursday night home games.

If there is going to be Thursday night games for TV then the burden should be shared more evenly amongst the clubs.

One thing I'm trying to do lately is watch the coverage with 'fresh eyes.' Pretending you're seeing it for the first time. What would someone who is interested in getting into the NRL make of it?

No sport that is serious about growing the game and its supporter base would spend a segment bagging the match officials.

No sport that wants to attract young fans to the game would schedule a 7:50 pm kick-off on a school night.

Beggars belief how silly that is.

It must be making money and getting ratings regardless of how poorly received it is among fans.

Wonder how the recent Saturday night games stack up ratings wise.

I sort of have a feeling that we will play much better and give ourselves a chance tonight, but with the added pressure we have now put on ourselves by not winning games against weaker opposition my fear is that we may just very well crack open when luck or the game isn't going our way.

I'm passing on going to this one as I think we will be flogged.

Now watch us win.

Souths have nothing in the backline, Brisbane wins tonight, it was always going to be this way. They were always going to lose to the Dogs and Cows, this is the game where the mid-season ramp up has been tapered off and this side gets serious.

Souths have nothing in the backline, Brisbane wins tonight, it was always going to be this way. They were always going to lose to the Dogs and Cows, this is the game where the mid-season ramp up has been tapered off and this side gets serious.

This has been said every year since Bennett's return.

At what point do people start to realize this side just isn't good enough and won't really threaten for the premiership?

They might come up with a couple of good wins, but that's about it.

At what point do people start to realize this side just isn't good enough and won't really threaten for the premiership?

You could say that for any side that makes the 8 and you'd probably be right. There's only a 1 in 8 chance of winning from the finals after all...

We've been a serious threat every year under Bennett. It's not like we've been bundled out of the finals and got embarrassed.

2015 - Lose a grand final in final seconds
2016 - Win first final 44-28, lose second week 26-20 (stupid Gillett trip)
2017 - Lose first week 24-22, second week beat Penrith 13-6, third week get whooped by Melbourne 30-0 who were basically unstoppable last year.

We've been competitive every year under Bennett.

We’ve made a grand final and a prelim in 2 out of the 3 years Bennett’s completed.

It’s hard to win premierships mate

Last edited:

Souths strength is their forwards anyway. That's what won them the title in 2014 and it's what has made them good again this year. Cook has been carving up off the back of that.

If we don't complete our sets at a quality level or improve our defence we lose tonight it's as simple as that. I'm hoping that despite all the distractions that have happened in recent times the boys come out firing and put in a real effort tonight, but I'd be lying if I said I was confident.

If we don't complete our sets at a quality level or improve our defence we lose tonight it's as simple as that. I'm hoping that despite all the distractions that have happened in recent times the boys come out firing and put in a real effort tonight, but I'd be lying if I said I was confident.
Well I'm confident! I'm looking fotward to the media saying 'They're Back' tomorrow. I am disappointed that Taga isn't in and Thaiday is but maybe Thaiday will have one of his blinders.

FINAL BRONCOS NRL TEAM
1. Darius Boyd ©
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
15. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Tevita Pangai
13. Josh McGuire
Interchange:
8. Matt Lodge
16. Korbin Sims
17. David Fifita
18. Patrick Mago

Still not sure about Lodge off the bench, I prefer him to start or McGuire at prop and Ofa at lock.

Last edited:
Well I'm confident! I'm looking fotward to the media saying 'They're Back' tomorrow. I am disappointed that Taga isn't in and Thaiday is but maybe Thaiday will have one of his blinders.

Well I'm hoping your right mate and lets hope Sims continues with his try scoring spree!

At least staggs isn't on the bench, great talent but fafita is a better option atm

At least staggs isn't on the bench, great talent but fafita is a better option atm

4 Forwards off the bench for this game is definitely the way to go outside of maybe someone who can provide some impact off the bench at hooker.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Shane Tronc
  • marw
  • Lurker
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Porthoz
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.