Round 23 Discussion

It should be.

Newcastle are five years on from Wayne, how he keeps getting blamed for everything that's happened since is beyond me.

Can we blame him for anything at the broncos ?

Can we blame him for anything at the broncos ?

Lockyer's media career.

I kid, the past coach deserves a share of the blame but as time goes on others have to accept some level of responsibility. When the war of the words erupted last year, it all started because Wayne corrected a journalist on his line of questioning. He didn't leave the club in that bad a state, the coaches that followed only contributed to the problem and neither actually built on the positives that Wayne established.

I could go on all day really, but the one point that gets lost in the discussion is the state Newcastle were in before Tinkler. They weren't exactly one of the premiere teams in the competition and had been on the downward trend since 2003.

This is a 2 team competition, and it's incredibly damaging for the game.

This is a 2 team competition, and it's incredibly damaging for the game.

The scary thing is that it's been the same two teams for the past three years.

The Cowboys may have been the official runners up in 2017, but Sydney were clearly the second best team for the bulk of the season and only lost their way when Robbo went ultra conservative in the finals.

It's easy to forget, but he had Matterson and Aubusson in the centres in place of Latrell and Manu.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous how much different the Chooks look to our shapes.
Even if we don't have the halves to make the right decision once we throw a shape at a defence we shouldn't look so different.

It's ridiculous how much different the Chooks look to our shapes.
Even if we don't have the halves to make the right decision once we throw a shape at a defence we shouldn't look so different.

It's amazing what winning and confidence does for a team. Sydney had a very similar approach to their footy a couple of years ago when Robinson lost trust in the players and focused primarily on the ruck. I believe the Broncos have gone a similar approach, trying to play off of Haas, Lodge and Fifita. The problem is that you're never going to grow as a team with that approach.

If Seibs had his way, the Broncos would play more like they did in Round 2 against the Cowboys.

Their recruitment has mostly been top notch (other than Chrichton, for his price).
I wish we got Tedesco instead of Bird.

When did ‘throwing shapes’ become a term of use?

When did ‘throwing shapes’ become a term of use?

It should be we're not dictating terms with our attack like other teams dictate terms.

We just suck at dictating terms this year.

Dictating terms...

Great now that is going to be stuck in my head all day.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.