POST GAME [Round 24, 2021] Sharks vs Broncos

what's that phrase?

don't hate the player, hate the game
That’s so accurate in this ever evolving climate that is the nrl. More and more of the exciting aggressive forwards are becoming a liability because of rule changes that they pick and choose when to enforce.

what a shit show.

I’m all for discouraging head shots but they need to make it black and white with “first point of contact”. Other wise they will continue to bleed fans. The fact that flegler is looking at potentially only one week less then latrine has to be satire.

That’s so accurate in this ever evolving climate that is the nrl. More and more of the exciting aggressive forwards are becoming a liability because of rule changes that they pick and choose when to enforce.

what a shit show.

I’m all for discouraging head shots but they need to make it black and white with “first point of contact”. Other wise they will continue to bleed fans. The fact that flegler is looking at potentially only one week less then latrine has to be satire.
Even that won't make a difference if they choose to ignore it when it suits them e.g. the Ramien tackle.

Really missed Gamble tonight to add some polish to our end of sets.

Can you imagine Reynolds repeat sets and Flegler short kicking game next year?

Also getting staggs back, Capewell steadying the defence and taking tough hitups.
Gamble's*

In hockey they actually brought this clarification in. “First point of contact” was the big deciding factor, acknowledging that physics are still a thing. Hitting someone hard on the chest the head is always going to go forward.
Havent watched hockey since i lived in vancouver got to see some games live shit was awesome.

Havent watched hockey since i lived in vancouver got to see some games live shit was awesome.
Ehhhh! I’m a Canucks fan used to watch every game on tv, I also went to heaps live in Vancouver too. it’s a phenomenal sport, the skill required is insane at that level.

The big issue now for Piakura is he's going to be targeted by the nrl for the rest of his career for any hint of foul play he might commit. Much like TPJ and Radley who have reputations for hitting hard i suspect Piakura will carry a similar tag.

The commentators during the game even made the point of mentioning he's known for big hits. Even worse is the late hit on playmakers is Joey Johns absolute pet hate so you can ensure Piakura will now be Joeys number one enemy.
Yet Joey loves Radley.

This is going to be a tough game to watch a rarely depleted forward pack but whatever. Any news on Robati he got put on report as well didnt he?

This is going to be a tough game to watch a rarely depleted forward pack but whatever. Any news on Robati he got put on report as well didnt he?

Only Flegs and Piakura (and Ramien’s fine) on the charge sheet from our game.

Turpin and Robati not cited for whatever they apparently did wrong

I don't think you're getting what everyone is pissed off at. This might help....

Seen as you went to so much trouble with the flegler hit, do a freezframe/slow-motion of the ramien hit and you might start to get it. Then, this weekend and every game for the next year (if things continue the way they have been), I bet you a very, very, very large sum of money I can find a worse head high in every single game that will not even go penalised.....
Where did I make any assertion of the above? Please tell me.

My point was fleggs got binned correctly and people were saying there was no contact with the head. Did other things happen that weren't called correctly? Yes. Where did I claim otherwise? I didn't.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.