Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

One on fifita in the 11th minute as well, though not as bad as that one.

It seems a bit stop start, it looks worse when it's more fluid like in the fox replay. I hope it gets picked up and dealt with as severely as TPJs innocuous effort.

it won't ... the charges would have already been released for that game ... and it appears there have been none for either side

I'm just re-watching the game now and that was a truly horrific call. Never ever touched a Bronco, it was all Eels.

And not a single word qbout the refs abysmal performance in any news outlet either.
there was talk about bad referring, the forward pass call against the eels of course.

it won't ... the charges would have already been released for that game ... and it appears there have been none for either side
It is because the broncos are not cats that play for the penalty. Either oates or fifita could have stayed down and got a penalty.

Sivo from parra tried staying down to get a penalty for a crusher in the sevond half but thankfully it was clear there was no way it was.

It is because the broncos are not cats that play for the penalty. Either oates or fifita could have stayed down and got a penalty.

Sivo from parra tried staying down to get a penalty for a crusher in the sevond half but thankfully it was clear there was no way it was.
Yeah the lay down and grab the back of your neck is the new version of the dive that used to plague our game a few years ago. Our boys don't seem to do it (Joffa had a chance in the dying minutes of the Souths game too), so we don't get the penalty.

Well what about the worst tackle of the night!!

I'm talking about the crusher tackle on Oates, 12 minutes in to the second half. Not only did it not receive a penalty, it wasn't even mentioned in commentary! Had Oates put his hand on the back of his neck and not arisen the Parra player would have received a 3-4 week suspension!!

It was text book crusher style yet very few seemed to notice, even some of we diehard fans. Check it out and tell me if I'm just being crazy. 12 minutes into the second half. Oates fields a kick.
Yep I'm with ya. TPJ get 5 weeks for a tackle nowhere near as crusher-like. There was another crusher, on Fifita towards the end of the game also. Both should be sent to the review committee.
[automerge]1567376932[/automerge]
I don't see much in it , mainly because Oates twists to the side and the impact isn't on his neck.
You mean like Maloney did?

Last edited:
Yep I'm with ya. TPJ get 5 weeks for a tackle nowhere near as crusher-like. There was another crusher, on Fifita towards the end of the game also. Both should be sent to the review committee.
[automerge]1567376932[/automerge]

You mean like Maloney did?
No Maloney's was completely different, that was a reckless tackle. Didn't deserve 5 weeks but was definitely reckless and not needed.
[automerge]1567380192[/automerge]
It was the intention that's the issue. TPJ was done for his intention, not for the result.
You can't tell me that TPJ didn't have intent to clean Maloney up , it wasn't a crusher but it was reckless.

Last edited:
No Maloney's was completely different, that was a reckless tackle. Didn't deserve 5 weeks but was definitely reckless and not needed.
[automerge]1567380192[/automerge]

You can't tell me that TPJ didn't have intent to clean Maloney up , it wasn't a crusher but it was reckless.
Err, I argue both tackles had intent.

Err, I argue both tackles had intent.
No one gets done for intent for a crusher, it's just part of the wrestling no days. The issue is the players up top are always around the neck and shoulder area, trying to hold the player up . Then usually the 3rd player waits and then attacks the legs , making the player drop whilst still having the other 2 defenders around the neck. It's dangerous because it doesn't always go to plan and it results in pressure on players neck's. It's definitely not intentional but it's up to the nrl to wipe it out. You're likely to get a penalty from a legs tackle these days, it's a joke.

No one gets done for intent for a crusher, it's just part of the wrestling no days. The issue is the players up top are always around the neck and shoulder area, trying to hold the player up . Then usually the 3rd player waits and then attacks the legs , making the player drop whilst still having the other 2 defenders around the neck. It's dangerous because it doesn't always go to plan and it results in pressure on players neck's. It's definitely not intentional but it's up to the nrl to wipe it out. You're likely to get a penalty from a legs tackle these days, it's a joke.
Well you certainly are an oddity! You'd be the only person I've known of who has a clear understanding of the technicalities and standards, let alone merits and failings of the rugby league tackle. The MRC and refs should give you a call.

Well you certainly are an oddity! You'd be the only person I've known of who has a clear understanding of the technicalities and standards, let alone merits and failings of the rugby league tackle. The MRC and refs should give you a call.
I also understand sarcasm.

Has anyone ever actually been injured in a crusher? Mckinnon's tackle wasn't a crusher was it?

Active Now

• Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • big k
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.