Round 24 Discussion

I can't understand how anyone can hold the Fox telecast in such high esteem when you've got situations where Parker, Walters, Buderus, Gasnier, Finch, Ennis etc. call games where they have a vested interest.
Agree. I don't care if they're on the sideline like on 9 but in the box you have to listen to their biased crap all game.

One Ambulance needed at Bogvale for the Munster Mash

Hughes with a pin-point grubber and Melbourne earn themselves another repeat set.

Manly cannot get into the game and the loss of Tommy Turbo may have drawn curtains on this surprisingly strong season.

Asofa-Solomona too big, too strong. Waddell is going to be having nightmares for the rest of the off-season. Surely Melbourne won't suffer a repeat of a fortnight ago?

Blatant knock on against Storm ignored, 2 repeat sets later they score

I guess this is a decent demonstration of how Manly were a castle of cards waiting for a gust of wind all along. When your season lives and dies by the health of one player with a history of injury, I mean fair dinkum

Paseka spills it and Melbourne find themselves on attack once again.

Inside outside ball for Papenhuyzen almost spilled but holds on.

Melbourne really targeting the right-side of the Manly defence, go back there twice, Olam squeezes a pass for Addo-Carr but he can't hold onto it.

Manly survive but only just.

Might not be a bad thing if manly lose Tom trboyadfxjzvic and finish 5th. Which means if broncos finish 8th we’ll flog them in week 1

Manly work it out their end, they try to throw the ball around on the fifth but it's all too sloppy. Somehow they manage to earn a penalty and now they've got an opportunity to get themselves into the game.

Cherry-Evans with a desperation grubber on tackle two seemingly kills the opportunity, but Walker comes up with the ball, Manly back on attack.

Cherry-Evans plays short to Paseka and the giant dives over for one of the more graceful tries you'll see.

Manly with a sign of life right before half-time and that penalty against Asofa-Solomona has bitten Melbourne big time.

Manly with another penalty off the kick-off, a nice opportunity to go back-to-back and give Melbourne something to think about before half-time.

Manly go right and make good ground through Sironen, only 10m out with two plays.

Cherry-Evans goes with the cross-field kick, but the kick has no depth, Manly get the bat-back but it's easily covered by the Storm defence. That will be half-time.

Manly extremely lucky not to concede a penalty 10m out, Waddell clearly pushed Asofa-Solomona as he attempted to play that.

Suli away down the right, Manly making the most of the good piece of fortune as they're inside Melbourne's half.

Walker's grubber is easily picked up by Papenhuyzen and Ryan almost races away. Melbourne on top as they put a kick through and Garrick can't clean it up without going into touch.

Melbourne ball 10m out, they work their way through their set only for Asofa-Solomona to spill it cold. Another opportunity goes begging for Melbourne.

Smith's kick goes too long and Manly have a seven tackle set and the ascendency. A sloppy penalty by Kaufusi has Manly well inside the Storm's half as Boyle goes down with an injury. Nothing untoward, it appears he may have broken an arm or a wrist here. It brings Fonua-Blake on the field much earlier than anticipated as Manly attempt to spread it down their right. Walker plays short to Sironen who spills it cold. Manly have had opportunities this half but can't take them as they concede a bad penalty, Fonua-Blake in the ruck with some unnecessary contact.

What hands by Addo-Carr!

Manly rush in on Papenhuyzen, only for Ryan to produce a pin point grubber for the corner, Addo-Carr would have been short, but he somehow manages to flick it off right before touch, it comes off Parker's shoe and Olam is there to bag a double.

That will wrap it up with 25 minutes left on the clock.

That's my tipping comp done for the year, and of course it's Melbourne that sink me. Good luck boys.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.