Round 24 Discussion

colour me shocked ... the NRL have actually come down on the Roosters for a range of things relating to abuse of the match officials.

the Roosters fines are as follows:
  • $10k for alleged abuse of a match official DURING the match
  • $20k for the comments made by Robinson after the match
  • the suspended $10k fine from May has also been activated.

the Roosters have 5 days to respond to the breach notice
Too light considering he already had a suspended fine hanging over his head.

Didn't Ricky get fined like $50-$60k a couple years back which was largest fine at the time for a coach?

I think Robbo should've surpassed that especially if he was abusing an official on the side line on top of his presser and also given he has form from earlier this year.

A week out from the finals, Annesley harbours concerns about players milking penalties in a range of situations.

"That's why we've got to be careful that we don't change policies on the run"

😂 😂 😂

A week out from the finals, Annesley harbours concerns about players milking penalties in a range of situations.

😂 😂 😂

That guy is an embarrassment and terrible for his position. How can you enforce competency when you are totally incompetent yourself?

😂 😂 😂
As usual they have the rule sitting there already they just don't bother using it.

If it's missed by the on field ref then the foul play must be sufficient to warrant being placed on report for the bunker to intervene.

Given they have the MRC there to pick up things that are missed and the significant amount of times where players simply cop a fine or nothing from the garbage ones the ref puts on report nowadays, then I don't see why the ref feels it necessary to put so many of these non-events on report... it creates mass free interchanges, which is a huge advantage. I recall the knights (I believe) getting about 18 interchanges over the course of a game due to free interchanges, HIA's and their normal 8 interchanges. That is ridiculous and should've been a warning shot even back then.

I think referees should only be putting players on report in the game if something significant actually occurs, such as the act causing a HIA or warranting a sin bin or send off (as that allows activation of the 18th man).

An accidental graze across the face does not warrant being put on report; however if someone gets clocked and knocked out, but the ref misses it... by all means put them on report, 10 in the bin, etc.

I would also change grading of crusher tackles to being "prolonged or deliberate" force on the back of head or neck.

The crusher was originally created in the storm dojo to apply continuous pressure to the back of the neck in order to control the ball carrier... nobody does that anymore... 99% of the crushers are accidental and usually because the attacker is backing into the defender.

If someone accidentally drops into the position possibly penalty sufficient if the ref sees it, but if they miss it because it was so slight and accidental then it won't warrant being on report (due to the changed grading above), therefore the bunker won't intervene on the accidental ones... and therefore players won't bother taking a dive (because they know they won't get the penalty... they'll just look like a little bitch lying down that doesn't know the rules)

😂 😂 😂

the sad thing is they had previously solved the diving problem when they made it so the bunker couldn't intervene ... enter Vlandys and the diving is worse than ever

That guy is an embarrassment and terrible for his position. How can you enforce competency when you are totally incompetent yourself?
He seriously is, they've literally changed the interpretation of high shots like 6 times over 12 weeks and he actually says shit like with a straight face. Magically we always seem to cop the example of new rules game. The NRL administration is fucked.

the sad thing is they had previously solved the diving problem when they made it so the bunker couldn't intervene ... enter Vlandys and the diving is worse than ever
Couldn't intervene unless it was a reportable offence, but now a fingernail on a beard hair is reportable so they've loopholed their own rule change so it's back to to the original rule. Absolute clown fiesta.

He seriously is, they've literally changed the interpretation of high shots like 6 times over 12 weeks and he actually says shit like with a straight face. Magically we always seem to cop the example of new rules game. The NRL administration is fucked.

The NRL was light years better under Greenburg, that says everything.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mustafur
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.