# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What are your thoughts on the game?

Note: This thread will be opened after the game.

Brisbane go down in a thriller.

Roosters 12
Brisbane 10

Plenty of lessons to be learned from Brisbane.

The replay is going to make for some interesting viewing.

Far out. Was listening on the radio so I can't really offer much. Sounded like the Roosters were just too good in defence, made too many metres, and the Broncos were just starved of chances.

More confident now about our chances then I was three hours ago.
Cows and Roosters have some big injuries, GI may be out for a while.
Just need to cut the mistakes, tidy up the defence- an in form Jack Reed would help.

We will still be minor premiers. Roosters will lose both their last games while we will win at least one. The Cows could be our only danger. Game went the way I thought, we just couldn't overcome the crowd, the refs and the roosters themselves. Perfect tipping so far at least. Very disappointing game though.

I feel like we should have won it there in the end. Milford was exposed as a half I think. He's good against the lesser sides, but he just lacks the organisational/creative skills to trouble the good defences. Plus he just doesn't get to run the ball either. Still hate him being wasted in the halves.

Meanwhile Boyd, what's with his running game? He pretty much mostly just power walks the ball.

Plenty of lessons to take from this game. The finals are what count

Deadset dudded. Refs may as well have been wearing Roosters jerseys. The amount of penalties we should have been given but weren't was just....I have no words. Pathetic comes to mind.

Big effort by the guys, I don't think we were that bad tonight. The Roosters were outstanding without JWH and Pearce. A couple of crucial errors cost us big time, but all in all I think we were ok. Problem is, I think we peaked early. We're down on confidence and it shows. Missing Moose terribly as well, though I've been very impressed with all the forwards.

So upset with the refs. Honestly makes me want to give up on the NRL. Sick of the bullshit.

Ugh. On the up side, Roosters are no certainty for the minor premiership with their injuries. We might get it yet. We should account for Souths next week, and Storm will be tough but certainly doable. That will set us up well for the finals IMO.

Last edited:
Sooo many brain explosions. Those errors from Dodds and Kahu after scoring points were just unforgivable. Stupid penalties are still prevalent as well.

The injuries to both the Roosters and Cows are a blessing in disguise but to lose because of shit goal kicking yet again is just infuriating.

yeah, horrible as it sounds, the past 26 hours has actually been pretty favourable for the broncos' chances of winning it this year...

5 day turnaround against Souffs after this draining contest. Will be tough.

We came up against a side that finally made us pay for our mistakes and took the ground on offer and used it to pin us in our own half. It's been coming for a while, the signs have been there against much poorer sides.

Dodds dropping the ball off the kickoff (how many times for do we do this? it's beyond a joke) and Kahu not cleaning up in the in goal were the two big ones but there was a heap of little stuff that was off tonight. Even letting the final drop out of the game bounce and roll 55 metres put us on the back foot.

Meh, not overly concerned. It was one of our worst games of the season and we still barely lost. We'll need to be a lot better to beat Souths & Manly.

Errors, errors, errors!

Minus JWH, much less worried about the Roosters to be honest. And minus Pearce, we may still have a shot at MP. Hastings is useless.

Considering the Roosters were down players I think we can be pretty disappointed with that result. IF that was a full strength side then going down 12-10 in a nail biter doesn't sound bad.

The first half is what cost us. We were never in it and were lucky that the Roosters couldn't get the ball down over the tryline. Silly mistakes (twice kicking early) and Hunt/Milford couldn't step up when needed.

Last 5 games we've won two (titans and Marshalless Dragons) and lost to three good teams. Does not bode well my friends.

Last edited:
Pretty much a repeat of the Dogs game, had our chances and couldn't capitalise.

Hung on for 80 minutes, take it and run.

The Roosters played probably at their best and only won by two points. We, on the other hand, have a lot more improvement in us. I'd rather be in our position at the moment, especially when you consider that they just lost their best forward and half.

Gotta say though, Ferguson absolutely dominated our left edge defence. Luck didn't go his way often though. We'll need to be a LOT better next time. Copley was horrid.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.