Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

In games in the past, we've had Broncos fans saying that if we didn't blow our chances, we could have won or gotten closer on the scoreline or whatever.

Last night, if the Roosters didn't blow their chances, they would have won by 13+. They deadset blew 3 or 4 tries at the last moment.

...If Dodds doesn't drop the ball from the kick-off after the try .....if Kahu doesn't make a school boy error,
the Roosters wouldn't have won the game at all.

Then it would have been, well...Brisbane only won because JWgrub and Pearce were injured.

I think people need to realise that the only people that give a shit about these games when we are already cemented in the top 4 are the fans. Certainly not bennett or the players. Bennett knows what he is doing so just relax.

We lost by 2 (due to a missed conversion) against a side that dominated us and is apparently a level above us and just about every other team in the comp. If a couple more things went our way, we would have won.

It gives me confidence. If we can execute our gameplan the way it should be, we can beat anyone and win the comp.

Last edited:
There was a couple of times inside their 40-30 where hunt went for the Hail Mary to Oates when he had created a huge gap for his inside backrower and just needed to pop a short ball but he just didn't see it. Certain line breaks both times. Thought the refs were horrendous but we still just weren't good enough to win unfortunately. Too many easy metres and too much 1 out football which just doesn't cut it against teams like the Roosters. I'm not worried, we played extremely average and were in it til the end. Wayne will get us home

This was a bombed try, IMO.

I can understand why Hunt went to Glenn. He looked likely to score, and it's a play that worked against the Roosters in Round 6. But, I think he should have got the ball to Copley. Either him or Oates scores.

1440394248.png

Last edited:
And just on that final drop out..

It took Roosters 44 seconds to take it.

I was under the impression they had 40 seconds to kick it.

Edit: In fact, they changed the rule in 2013 to 30 seconds or it's a penalty. Did they get rid of that rule?

Last edited:
And just on that final drop out..

It took Roosters 44 seconds to take it.

I was under the impression they had 40 seconds to kick it.

Edit: In fact, they changed the rule in 2013 to 30 seconds or it's a penalty. Did they get rid of that rule?

You forgot about the Bronco clause attatched to the rule stating that "if you are playing the Broncos and need to waste time to ensure victory, the this rule does not apply"

This was a bombed try, IMO.

I can understand why Hunt went to Glenn. He looked likely to score, and it's a play that worked against the Roosters in Round 6. But, I think he should have got the ball to Copley. Either him or Oates scores.

1440394248.png

Good spot, mate.

Looking at the freeze frame, you can see Ferguson is in the process of shifting his body weight to cover Glenn, whilst Elliot looks like he's heading to the outside to cover Oates. Looks like RTS would've been Copley's main impediment to the line, if he could even get across in time. Doubt he would have been able to hold him up though considering the angle Copley would have been running at.

But, Hunt had to make the decision all in a millisecond, so there's no way he could've seen all this!

Was a poor quality game all round I thought. Mistakes all round. Copley was woeful and Ferguson could have scored 3. Thank god for Reed returning.

The knock on after Oates' try was the most worrying factor of the whole thing. It's the inabilty to execute when the pressure is on the line.

Rule No.1: when Hodges runs himself and we're playing clutch football, he is going to throw an offload. Be ready, even if the play looks dead.

12-10 was flattering for the Broncos, be honest.

Bennett indicating a Stephen Bradbury strategy.

I tend to agree about points one through seven with six being the exception. Boyd was twice hit in the head and received an enormous knee in the lower back which would have dropped a horse. He was not an issue in the loss, we as a team were not good enough but have improvement in us still. I'm sure you might realise(maybe not) but it's for all intents and purposes !!! Signed your neighbourly GN.

I'm with you that I don't think that Boyd costs us a game. Just making the point that he isn't RTC.... but then again who is atm? PS .... I'm being thick but what does GN stand for?

I'm with you that I don't think that Boyd costs us a game. Just making the point that he isn't RTC.... but then again who is atm? PS .... I'm being thick but what does GN stand for?

Grammar nazi, but I read it as garden nome, even though it's spelt gnome.

Grammar Nazi ha ha... Nah, you're not thick , I just couldn't suppress my ocd !

Was a poor quality game all round I thought. Mistakes all round. Copley was woeful and Ferguson could have scored 3. Thank god for Reed returning.

The knock on after Oates' try was the most worrying factor of the whole thing. It's the inabilty to execute when the pressure is on the line.

Rule No.1: when Hodges runs himself and we're playing clutch football, he is going to throw an offload. Be ready, even if the play looks dead.

12-10 was flattering for the Broncos, be honest.

Bennett indicating a Stephen Bradbury strategy.

Is that the same Reed who haws allowed about 6 tries to run straight past him? If so, I don't want him. That side of the field was far better without him around.

Grammar Nazi ha ha... Nah, you're not thick , I just couldn't suppress my ocd !
Spaces between words and exclamation marks as well as words and commas. Naughty naughty.

Is that the same Reed who haws allowed about 6 tries to run straight past him? If so, I don't want him. That side of the field was far better without him around.

i agree with nashy on this one. im not sure reed would have been able to stop a rampant ferguson on the weekend. that guy is a big beast and looks like an awkward target to tackle. i thought copley was ok.

Jennings was charged. He will have to beat the charge to play this week.

Napa wasn't charged for what he did. That isn't surprising. The MRC and NRL will want to avoid another embarrassment..

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kiwi2
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • IceWorks
  • Alec
  • leon.bott
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.