Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ref: Andrew (McCullough) let go now, Andrew NOW...Andrew I said NOW...Andrew!!! (insert 5 seconds) Play on, go.
Same again with Cummins calling Carrigan offside. He drops back out of the line and has nothing to do with the tackle but 6 again call given to the Dragons. Just 2 sets later Cummins calls out a Dragons player who drops out of the line and has no part in the tackle but no 6 again for us.

I used to think Cummins was biased against certain teams like Klein but now I realise it's even worse than that and it's just downright incompetence. With the low standard of refs in the NRL at the moment surely it's time to return to Brisbane based refs being considered for NRL duty?

With the low standard of refs in the NRL at the moment surely it's time to return to Brisbane based refs being considered for NRL duty?

I'm not sure they've ever been considered. AFAIK, for a ref to be considered for NRL duty, they've always had to live in Sydney

I'm not sure they've ever been considered. AFAIK, for a ref to be considered for NRL duty, they've always had to live in Sydney
From memory a few years back the NRL had refs based in both Brisbane and Sydney but cut out the Brisbane part because of cost cutting concerns.

Saying exactly the right things:

Reynolds was rightly praised for playing so well in the first half of the year but he was fucking shit in the last 2 months. I'm trying to be nice because I do love the guy but as a half back he really didn't do enough, he was meant to be the on field general, getting our attack lined up, telling players where to go but our attack yesterday was as shit as I've ever seen. It reminded be of Turpin/Boyd in the halves.

Hopefully it's just injury bothering him and not him losing touch because he was excellent right up until the rib injury and he's been shit since.

Reynolds was rightly praised for playing so well in the first half of the year but he was fucking shit in the last 2 months. I'm trying to be nice because I do love the guy but as a half back he really didn't do enough, he was meant to be the on field general, getting our attack lined up, telling players where to go but our attack yesterday was as shit as I've ever seen. It reminded be of Turpin/Boyd in the halves.

Hopefully it's just injury bothering him and not him losing touch because he was excellent right up until the rib injury and he's been shit since.
That entire side of the field has been dysfunctional since Kotoni came back from Origin 1. Everyone playing on the right has been copping it from fans. Except maybe Selwyn, but probably only because he missed so many games.

Meanwhile, if you look at their stats, particularly defence, they tell a different story. And even Kotoni, who it seems never gets the ball, hasn't done any less than any other season. I guess we were expecting more to go with the payrise.

But also the mood hasn't been right. They don't look happy over there compared to the left, where Oates has been throwing parties in his corner.

I know he is a grub and a penalty magnet, but this is why I like JWH. People know that if they **** with a roosters player JWH is coming after them. Our pack is missing an enforcer.

Flegler tries to be but he’s doing it wrong. He tries to do it through legit hits and as soon as hits someone too hard, he’s binned. He needs to learn how to throw forearms and elbows, then he’ll be fine…who am I kidding? This only works if you are team not the Broncos.

That entire side of the field has been dysfunctional since Kotoni came back from Origin 1. Everyone playing on the right has been copping it from fans. Except maybe Selwyn, but probably only because he missed so many games.

Meanwhile, if you look at their stats, particularly defence, they tell a different story. And even Kotoni, who it seems never gets the ball, hasn't done any less than any other season. I guess we were expecting more to go with the payrise.

But also the mood hasn't been right. They don't look happy over there compared to the left, where Oates has been throwing parties in his corner.
Maybe your mate Herbs is the real glue of the team.

So was this around the time that Haas said he wanted to leave.

Isn't Haas & Kotoni mates.

It was a disappointing way to cap off a disappointing final six rounds of the season. For weeks Walters has stressed the importance of starting well and Brisbane went crap kick, error off a bad offload and then a soft try from dummy half.

I thought they were really unlucky with the sin-bins and even if I wasn't a fan, I'd be pissed. Both tackles had mitigating factors and while I can live with a penalty to sin-bin two players just ruins the contest. Nobody is going to cry over it because it's the Broncos and the season has been in tatters for weeks but people pay good money to watch this sport and games absolutely ruined with these awful interpretations.

I thought Carrigan and Gamble tried their best to lead the team but they just couldn't lift the team. It seemed like the forwards were playing too tight and weren't working towards any areas of the field to really test the Dragons defence. Meanwhile Gamble actually set up some nice plays but was let down by Capewell twice, with the third being a dusty pass for Kurt.

The others I felt would do their part but would switch off or lose their feet at the worst times. It really hurt the Broncos ability to form structures and create any doubt in the defensive lines.

Second half, they tried to roll the dice by playing Cobbo at fullback, but it effectively shut down their left hand side and denied them the opportunity of an ugly win. The damage was done well before that point and I don't mind the decision to try something different but they clearly weren't set up for an effective Plan B.

For once I'm going to give the refs the green light on the sin-binnings. They were both incidental, yes, but they were both forceful and had contact to the head, I can't argue with it.

What did **** me off was the inconsistencies that others mentioned, things that the opposition were afforded that we were not. Carrigan getting called out, he moved back and had no part in it, yet they got a 6-again for it. Yet the exact opposite happened with them - their player was warned, they stayed back, no 6-again. And the one where their marker swoops on our hooker at the play-the-ball (which the refs penalise 99% of the time) and it's all good. But when Turpin does it, it's a penalty. If you look, Turpin WAS square. To the ruck, where the tackle happened. The Dragons player then steps sidewards and plays it there (our other marker moves over with him). It's not Turpin's fault the player moved the mark, the player playing the ball is not allowed to do that, yet we are penalised?

A million other small ones. One that I was very happy about though was their late no-try. They were looking to see if there was a knock-on by the Dragons, and when I watched it I saw that a Dragon touched it afterwards who was off-side. I resigned myself to accept that it would be called a knock-on but the off-side would be ignored, had already put it in the "Stuff the refs screwed us with" bank, but they actually made the correct call, and we got the penalty.

None of that matters in the context of this game though. Normally the bullshit would starve us of possession and field position, but our running game was actually really good and we had AMPLE opportunities to score points. But we did **** all and looked clueless. If the players are going to Reynolds for attacking plans, like Gamble said, they need to look further. Our attack was woeful, there was no plan to work over certain areas of the defence in order to create space elsewhere, there was no plan at all and it showed. Absolutely gutting to think of all the resources our club has (including a premiership winning halfback) and when the important part of the season comes around we have nothing but dick.

I really, really, really want us to punt Haas and go after Hunt. Staggs has lost my patience too but we'd need to pay a chunk of his contract I assume unless there is a desperate club (hey Titans?).

For once I'm going to give the refs the green light on the sin-binnings. They were both incidental, yes, but they were both forceful and had contact to the head, I can't argue with it.
I can't agree with it, the Flegler one especially was the Hetherington situation all over again where a player gets absolutely folded and drastically changes his body position. I could accept a penalty, but a sin-bin in that situation is a joke.

Just like the Hetherington send off was a joke last year.

At least the MRC had enough common sense not to charge either of them.

Mind you, both Broncos tries had question marks on them. Capewell denied Amone an opportunity to make a play on Hoeter who took the space Amone could have covered had Kurt not interfered. For whatever reason, whenever it came to obstruction calls Brisbane seemed to get the rub of the green there.

Billy also appeared to promote the football before momentum got him to the line. I was expecting them to send this up only to see Reynolds wasted little time to kick the goal.

Mind you, both Broncos tries had question marks on them. Capewell denied Amone an opportunity to make a play on Hoeter who took the space Amone could have covered had Kurt not interfered. For whatever reason, whenever it came to obstruction calls Brisbane seemed to get the rub of the green there.

Billy also appeared to promote the football before momentum got him to the line. I was expecting them to send this up only to see Reynolds wasted little time to kick the goal.

Billy's was a textbook double movement.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.