Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
The annual last round clash with Melbourne comes around again and instead of expecting to be beaten by our bogey side while trying to claw our way into 8th, we're going into the game in the top 2 with one victory over them this year already.

Big game for Melbourne tomorrow. They're pretty much fighting for whatever glimmer of hope they have for the Premiership. If they miss the top 4, they're no chance. They need the AAMI Park advantage wherever they can get it.

I hope they pump the Cows not just to keep them off our backs, but to also get their aggressive desire to get one more win out of the way BEFORE they face us, because if the Cows win, they're going to be a damn hard side to beat in Round 26.

If we can replicate our effort from last night, we'll win easily.

This one will be all about discipline for us. If we keep it clean & tidy and play our game we will have a good chance. Melbourne will be up to the challenge though, and they are a bogey team for us, so I don't think it will be easy.

No injuries or suspensions please!

Storm announced today that their NYC team will be based and play out of the Sunny Coast from next year. First NRL side to do it. Their academy will be set up at the Falcons' ground.

This is probably the most confident I've ever felt about beating these pricks.

I'll be going to this one.

A win here is important.

Not just for momentum and confidence going into the finals and to give Hodges a win in his farewell game, but to show that Round 15 wasn't a fluke.

We've been beaten by them so many times at Suncorp. It's time we end that losing streak and beat these pricks.

It's been six years since Brisbane beat Melbourne at Suncorp.

Over a decade if you don't count it (:001_rolleyes:).

It will also be the third team we've played that has won a premiership in the past three years. I know that's an observation that could have been made in December, but it's an interesting tidbit nonetheless.

If Brisbane were to win, it would be the ultimate confidence boost heading into the finals. Not only would it put them in good stead in terms of form, it would (just about) guarantee them a home final. Otherwise, they'll head off to Dairy Farmers Stadium where the Cowboys hold an impressive 3-0 finals record over Brisbane. In fact, I don't think they've ever been beaten there, so it would make life extremely difficult.

I'm very interested to see how the Storm play tomorrow night. Obviously they were below par against Newcastle, but Melbourne have never been a side to lay down and die. Even if they wanted to, I doubt they could with Bellyache screaming at them. Regardless, I'm sure they'll test Brisbane out and expect to see plenty of play directed at both Hunt & Milford. I'm sure Oates will receive a lot of attention under the high ball as well. They'll have to absorb the pressure, and turn strike by targeting the Storm on the edges, particularly at Matt Duffie who has shown that he struggles with his ability to read the play. Target both him and Koroibete, and the points will flow.

Looking forward to the game. I'll be there as well and I'll be looking forward to celebrating the career of Justin Hodges, one of the greatest backs of my time watching the game. If the Broncos could do me one favour, I'd love to see them upload a lengthy highlights video. I don't even care if they throw some of the Roosters stuff in there. Some of the things he did in Bondi were out of this world and I'd love to see it all celebrated.

Vidot cleared today. I'd be surprised if he's played enough to play finals next week. His season could be over if Broncos don't use him.

Imagine Oates and Vidot having blinders on both wings, it'd be like the Broncos of old with man mountains out wide.

They'd be peppered with bombs though..

Last edited:
has Maranta gone out of favour lately? or is he injured?

Oates is just playing too well to ignore. Kahu I assume they want to have as much game time as possible as he will be playing a larger role next year without Hodges in the team. I think Kahu has more upside anyway although he is slightly less safe under the high ball.

I wonder if Maranta will start opposite Duffey to counter the bombs? Oates off the bench?

Remember that game where Duffy let in 4 tries down his wing?

With the Cows losing tonight, we're now guaranteed a top 2 finish.

****. Yes.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.