Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane Broncos vs North Queensland Cowboys
Suncorp Stadium, Friday 20 March 2015
Kick Off 7:35pm (Queensland Time)

This will be the real test for our defence.

First game I can excuse the performance. Second game had some positives but also proved we've still got a long way to go.

This game will be our third week and we'll be going up against quality opposition with genuine strike power. I'm expecting to lose because I just see the Cowboys as a stronger team at this point but if we can pull off a win I'd be really impressed. Most of all I'm just hoping we play really well, and even if we lose we make the Cowboys fight for it till the 80th minute.

The Cowboys have far more attacking potential and a slicker looking team on paper but they always struggle at the start of the season and we always lift for a game against North Queensland. It will be a tough game but we can still win it.

1. Kahu
2. Maranta
3. Oates
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Ofa
16. Blair
17. Glenn

I don't think you can promote Thaiday into the starting side yet. Now he looked a little better and a lot more interested, but he needs to keep improving.

Also he was playing more in the middle last night.

I'll get it out of the way early.

Just win FFS

I think people are getting a bit over the top with Wallace's performance, pushing him into the starting line up. If he puts in good performances consistently, sure, but he still has some bone-headed things in his game he needs to clean up. Gives away a lot of penalties.

I wouldn't be changing the bench. Thaiday looked much better coming off the bench. I was impressed by Wallace and I know it's cool to hate Blair but putting Wallace in the starting side is madness. He made a good contribution off the bench when the game had softened up but needs to work on not giving away penalties and continue to improve

1. Kahu
2. Maranta
3. Oates
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Ofa
16. Blair
17. Glenn
I actually like most of this arrangement although I don't support a lot of your earlier posts yesterday ! I certainly would not put Thaiday in as a starter and I know WB won't be doing that either unless some serious injuries happen mid week. Mmmmm, the Wallace Blair thing is a little bit of a conundrum , do you reward a one game performance off the bench with a start and do you punish a one off game performance with demotion.....at least you decided ! I would have to think about it a bit longer.

I personally would stick with the same side this week, to give the team a chance to settle and gel.

Unless Copley is right to play, I wouldn't change anything about the team at all.

It's clear that they're struggling for combinations and I don't think making unnecessary changes fixes that.

Like others have said, this is the real test for us. Round 1 was always going to be difficult against a red hot Rabbitohs outfit, Round 2 was all about getting the two points and not much else, now the Broncos have got to take a step or two against the Cowboys.

If we do go onto win, it will be on the back of strong performances by Gillett and Glenn. Cows are weak around the edges, particularly down Lui's side so if we throw numbers down that way we should cause the upset.

Only change would be Maranta out Vidot in. Maybe Garbutt in for Joe if bennett isn't going to play him every week.

Yeah as Pete said, I wouldn't change anything, I assume Dale will need at least 2-3 weeks to make sure it's not a recurring calf injury, leave the 17 as is.

I would bring Vidot in for Maranta, and when fit, Copley for Reed. Blair isn't a prop imo, but we have Parker where Blair would play...

1- Kahu
2- Oates
3- Reed (come back Copley)
4- Hodgo
5- Vidot
6- Milf
7- Hunt
8- Moose
9- Macca
10- Blair (I hope Ofa eventually takes this spot, although it is too early for that now)
11- Glenn
12- Gillett
13- Parker

14- Kodi
15- Thaiday
16- Wallace (deserves it based on his last performance)
17- Garbutt (not a blight on Ofa at all, but he probably needs to gain some more maturity, hopefully in ISC)

We can't play the Cows without some good go forward in our team, Vidot and Garbutt are a must imo.

I honestly think it'd make more sense atm to play Maranta at Fullback and Kahu right wing, mainly because Kahu will be probably be playing right wing when Boyd returns, so we may as well get him there now, Maranta is safer under the high ball, and Hodges plays Fullback in attack anyway, so we aren't losing anything in attack.

1. Maranta
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Hodges (c)
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Ofahengaue / Garbutt / Dodds

Looking forward to this one. Despite our shaky start to the year, I think we can get the Cowboys.

Depending on tonight's game I will probably be tipping the cows...

As long as our defence stays the same or improves, our forwards make some good go-forward (for the 1st time time season) and our backs gel more with better hands and attack ill be reasonably happy.

I would love to see Vidot get a gig because he has great go forward and he will be hungry. Maranta couldn't finish a cup of hot chips let alone a try!

Keep Thaiday on the bench for at least another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • Lozza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Allo
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.