Round 3 - Broncos vs Eels

I can't believe the negativitiy on here.
We came up against probably the best team in the comp who were switched on and have a mental edge again tts us without 2 of our x factor players and were in the game despite a few decisions going against us and a few off key performances by our best players for 50 mins. Our defence was good considering the circumstances and ball we had. Add in tpj, fifita and teo with lodge more fit and and does anyone here truly think the game would go the same? It's round 3 of 20, I know this will sound crazy but I'm more confident after tonight then I was. Parra won't be switched on like this all year, it just won't happen, and our young guys will improve again.

Last edited:
At the end of the day. Our forwards need to learn to catch the ball while running for us to win games reliably. Most of the wins over the past 16 months have been due to individual brilliance, we have never looked convincing. And a lot of that is honestly on our forwards. They have a lot of talent but ****, they need to be moving when they catch the ball. Eels have made 50+ metres a set and we have struggled to get to 30.

Oates and hopoate need to go.

**** me the Eels are carrying on. They are seriously carrying on like the biggest child high school wankers.

Show some humility you pack of *****
Why would they? Its not like we're going to put them in their place. Parra thrive on that shit. I wish our team pumped eachother up.

The Broncos ball control has been horrific, just as it has been for much of the past 12 months.

No team in the comp beats the Eels or gets close with the deck stacked so much in the Eels favor NO TEAM. Stop pointing the finger at players who have been forced to make almost double the tackles, have a 6 - 1 penalty count against them... seriously we were not allowed to win this.

They bully the broncos into submission. Remember 58-0? This proves it’s no fluke nor is it just a bad day for the broncos. The eels dominate us in all facets of the game. The errors occur because they scare the shit out of the broncos.

How are the eels that much fitter then us? Or is just an attitude thing? Or a coaching thing?
Have to agree with the fitness thing. I think our boys haven’t been too honest over the break tbh. I think we probably came into this thinking we had it won prior to a ball being touched. I can’t see how it would be a coaching thing. We dropped 2 balls over the line. Hoppa dropped countless balls, Staggs decided not to defend and Oates has decided that he no longer wants to play nrl.
The only coaching thing I would say is how the fk hoppa wasn’t hooked is beyond me. Turpin isn’t yet an 80min player, seibs needs to bring Paix on the bench here I think.

Last edited:
We came up against probably the best team in the comp who were switched on and have a mental edge again tts us without 2 of our x factor players and were in the game despite a few decisions going against us and a few off key performances by our best players for 50 mins. Our defence was good considering the circumstances and ball we had. Add in tpj, fifita and teo with lodge more fit and and does anyone here truly think the game would go the same? It's round 3 of 20, I know this will sound crazy but I'm more confident after tonight then I was. Parra won't be switched on like this all year, it just won't happen, and our young guys will improve again.

Couldn’t agree more. For a flogging I actually feel optimistic. Good post.

No offense but you're delusional. Are you watching what we are all watching? There is absolutely no reason for us to get smacked 34-6. You can make excuses but I'll call it what it is - we are a bellow mediocre team and were completely embarrassing tonight.
We came up against probably the best team in the comp who were switched on and have a mental edge again tts us without 2 of our x factor players and were in the game despite a few decisions going against us and a few off key performances by our best players for 50 mins. Our defence was good considering the circumstances and ball we had. Add in tpj, fifita and teo with lodge more fit and and does anyone here truly think the game would go the same? It's round 3 of 20, I know this will sound crazy but I'm more confident after tonight then I was. Parts won't be switched on like this all year, it just won't happen, and our young guys will improve again.

Whats your biff with turps...you been death riding him since day dot!

how is stating a fact death riding him you numpty. He couldn’t run, he was knackered. I’ve got nothing against the bloke at all.

Last edited:
No offense but you're delusional. Are you watching what we are all watching? There is absolutely no reason for us to get smacked 34-6. You can make excuses but I'll call it what it is - we are a bellow mediocre team and were completely embarrassing tonight.
Haha take a valium and go sit in the corner for a while.

Just think of all the international viewers watching that game. What a stellar marketing tool

🤮

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • levikaden
  • Broncorob
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.