Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It seems we’re on the same page yet I desperately wish this wasn’t a conversation we were having. We play passive un inspiring footy and no one is ever seemingly held accountable. All recipes for disaster and blow outs. Exhibit A last year and exhibit B just now.

I agree, it’s depressing but the same issues just continue to crop up, year after year.

Our middle is hot garbage, regardless of which direction we’re going in.

Our game plan generally, stinks. (Our super tactic of the week - replace a perfectly fine winger, with a younger, less experienced one... Gee! That should really turn the tide...)

Our attention to detail and ball handling is usually atrocious.

Our halves generally have no idea what to do with the platform they are given, when they actually get one, which is about once every other week atm, and the games we do win are generally off the back of some individual pieces of brilliance.

Unfortunately I am starting to doubt this will change any time soon.

I am liking the fact Seibold is managing to cut away the dead wood, but why can’t he get these guys performing to a reasonably consistent level?

Seibs has done well with his roster, but i am not sold on his principles, structures and strategies (or apparent lack there of).
Again, our only try was from an individual effort.

This team has the potential to be really good but it’s going to take longer than some people hope on here. I’d say another one to two years.

Last edited:
I think it's a generational problem personally. Millennial/naughties aged footballers just do not perform to a professional standard unless they have a seriously no bullshit coach. Brad Arthur seems to have adopted that moniker and the likes of Bellamy, Robinson and Des have had it for years. Bennett used to have it but these days I think he's become too loose.

Last edited:
I agree, it’s depressing but the same issues just continue to crop up, year after year.

Our middle is hot garbage, regardless of which direction we’re going in.

Our game plan generally, stinks. (Our super tactic of the week - replace a perfectly fine winger, with a younger, less experienced one... Gee! That should really turn the tide...)

Our attention to detail and ball handling is usually atrocious.

Our halves generally have no idea what to do with the platform they are given, when they actually get one, which is about once every other week atm, and the games we do win are generally off the back of some individual pieces of brilliance.

Unfortunately I am starting to doubt this will change any time soon.

I am liking the fact Seibold is managing to cut away the dead wood, but why can’t he get these guys performing to a reasonably consistent level?

Key for me: Attention to detail

We really do need to go back to the basics and drill them in to the boys.

Simple things like setting your man up when you’re taking a hit up to get a quick ptb, getting an attacker to the ground rather than standing around hugging them, running the right lines and finally getting off the line and whacking *****.

The melts are back in full force.

We had 38% of the ball, the effort was there but the gas tank unsurprisingly wasn't as we went late into the game. Some of our goal line stuff was pure determination.

Eels were clearly the superior team but all is not lost sports fans, we'll be back.

P.S. Not sold on 6 again... My early hypothesis is that it's going to lead to some similar possession and score blow outs as we've seen tonight.

Last edited:
Are you telling me “it’s just a game of footy” or are you implying that that’s their attitude?

That was a comment from Boyd. ‘At the end of the day, it’s just a game of footy...’

Sums at up there ‘who gives a ****’ attitude entirely...

If only they were paid according to that attitude, we might actually see some sign from them that they give a shit...

Last edited:
I agree with Ofahengaue, but I thought that left hand side held up really well in the first half and were desperately unlucky not to have scored more points. Even with the Boyd try, the bounce was far from generous as it actually bounces away from him and Ferguson did well to smother it.

They should be better, but the Broncos lost it through the middle and down their right side.

Still, they're not immune of criticism and most of those players listed are on borrowed time.

Who’s on borrowed time?
Glenn will be around for 20/21
Milford 20/21
Bird 20/21
Boyd 2020
Oates 2020 (21,22 PO)
Ofa 2020 (21,22 PO)

They are our most capped players.
Out of those blokes above, I’d only look at keeping Glenn and Milford (on no more then 400k) beyond 2020.
Oates has checked out of the NRL.
Ofa is someone who has never really impressed me.
Bird has the potential to be great, but let’s face it, it just hasn’t worked out between the 2 parties.
These PO are really going to kill us. I genuinely have no idea how they work in the clubs favour, they 100% benefit the player. They know they can turnout bludgers and still have a job for years into the future. It’s a joke, we need to put an end to them imo.

Last edited:
Couple of things..

According to NRL.com we only had 36% possession for the game, that's gotta be close to the lowest possession % in the history of the NRL, I'll have to ask David Middleton about that one.

Few other interesting stats, the Eels touched the ball 208 more times than us, passed the ball 136 more times, made 18 more offloads and ran for more than 1,000 more metres than us.

Those are some of the most one-sided statistics I've ever seen in a Rugby League game.

Who’s on borrowed time?
Glenn will be around for 20/21
Milford 20/21
Bird 20/21
Boyd 2020
Oates 2020 (21,22 PO)
Ofa 2020 (21,22 PO)

They are our most capped players.
Out of those blokes above, I’d only look at keeping Glenn and Milford (on no more then 400k) beyond 2020.
Oates has checked out of the NRL.
Ofa is someone who has never really impressed me.
Bird has the potential to be great, but let’s face it, it just hasn’t worked out between the 2 parties.
These PO are really going to kill us. I genuinely have no idea how they work in the clubs favour, they 100% benefit the player. They know they can turnout bludgers and still have a job for years into the future. It’s a joke, we need to put an end to them imo.

I think you hit the nail on the head to be honest Stu. Those blokes you listed above are way, WAY too comfortable with themselves (Bird excepted. He's been a disaster of a signing but it's hardly his fault, and the very brief time on field we have seen of him he has always put in.).

Interesting note from the post-game presser, the Farnworth for Arthars swap at the 55 minute mark was a pre-determined strategy before the game.

The melts are back in full force.

We had 38% of the ball, the effort was there but the gas tank unsurprisingly wasn't as we went late into the game. Some of our goal line stuff was pure determination.

Eels were clearly the superior team but all is not lost sports fans, we'll be back.

P.S. Not sold on 6 again... My early hypothesis is that it's going to lead to some similar possession and score blow outs as we've seen tonight.

We’ll keep waiting for this team to click. Trust the process?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.