Round 3 Discussion

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
The beau Ryan try FMD!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fine I thought. There was initial separation but then regained contact with the ball. How is that any different to juggling the football then regaining control and scoring?

Because he DIDN'T regain control. It's debatable he even got his hand back on the ball before it touched the ground. I really hate this new interpretation of grounding. Makes even LESS skill necessary to score tries. IMO Alex Glenn's effort was more a try than Ryan's!

And then ignore the fact Ayshford pushed a chaser out of the way...

That was a fair try he didn't have a grip on the ball but had downward pressure as he grounded it.

Yes now they are. But I'm not stupid enough to write them off because no doubt they'll regain some form and go on some ridiculous winning streak again and end up a bees dick away from the grand final.

I wrote them off before the season started. They might put in some dynamic performers but they don't have enough class IMO to match it with the top teams in the comp.

The Tigers are a fantastic attacking unit... when they get it right. Inconsistency is what kills them.

No idea why they were premiership favourites before the season started.

They've got no bottle.

Tigers premiership favourites LOL at that one

I had no problem with Beau Ryan being judged to have grounded the ball. In the context of how rules have been interpreted it's definitely a try. He had downward pressure on the ball and there was no separation at the moment the ball touched the ground.

Frankly, I don't understand why people don't complain more about the Mitch Rein try. His elbow clearly touches the ground before the try line with a defender on him. After he rolls over in the in goal area, with a defender still on him, he makes a deliberate movement to plant the ball down. Much more contentious decision IMO.

Well they matched it with the top teams last year, so why can't they this year? Nothing much has changed in their roster.

Did they really? Got into the finals thanks to a dream run home, last 4 games were against Penrith, Parramatta, Titans and Sharks. Beat an out-of-form Dragons in the first week of the finals and then bundled out by the Warriors despite getting all the favors from referees on the night. They were never threats IMO.

I'll call it now.. Tigers won't win the premiership.

Well doesn't that mean they are a 6.25% chance of not winning it too?

Surely it is ok to say the premiership favourites won't actually win the premiership.

As overrated as the Tigers are I'm surprised they're playing so poorly given the talent on their roster. I know they were missing a few key players in Ellis, Galloway and to a less extent Tuqiri but they still have a ton of talented players in their roster to cover for them. It just seems like senior players like Farah & Blair aren't playing as well as they should and it's really exposing their younger players who are struggling to make the transition into the NRL in that environment.

Obviously the returns of Ellis and Galloway will have an instant effect on the side but I think they need to make some adjustments if they hope to become premiers this season. Honestly, I don't think Farah is good enough to play the full 80 anymore. He needs some support and I think a bench hooker maybe the way to go, at least until he finds his feet. Might need to send a rocket up Blair as well and bench him for either BMM or Fulton - at least they'll get their hands dirty. Need to also find a better winger out-wide, Reddy and Utai are NOT the answer.

On the other hand, the Dragons deserve some credit, after a poor week they fired up big time and switching Morris to fullback paid off for them big time. I still think they're going to be a flakey side this season but they're going to trouble any side when they're on song.

Active Now

• cento
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • Mustafur
  • Cavalo
  • Evander
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.