Round 4 - Broncos v Dragons - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodges is only a couple of years from retirement - Hoffman is a great replacement in the centres.

Hodges is only a couple of years from retirement - Hoffman is a great replacement in the centres.
Copley is the natural replacement for Hodges. Right centre has always been his best position...

But I get what you're saying, and Hoffman would make a good left centre replacing Reed, especially if this Maranta keeps turning up.
Speaking of, the kid is making me eating all types of humble pie so far, and I'm loving it!

What worries me is how our defence out wide was exposed and mutilated by the Roosters. That would not have been lost on Widdop and I foresee real danger with his combination out wide with Morris

Correct me if im wrong but from what i saw of the highlights of the Dragons on the weekend wasnt most of their tries scored off kicks to Morris and Nightingale...?

I can see our wingers being a lot more competative under the bomb then sharks were.

If we show up and are committed I can see us winning and winning well. Our forward pack is miles and miles ahead of theirs so making metres should not be a problem. Barba, Hoffman and Hunt should be working off quick play the balls and good metres.

If we do get a lead I want to see the boys go on with it and show no mercy.

Question - Whats the biggest winning margain for us in the past two years...? It wouldnt be more then 30 and I reckon it wouldnt have got over 20 on more then a couple of occasions. I want to see us put teams to the sword if we come out of the blocks hard early.

I think we're looking at a rainy game or at least a wet field so this one could go either way.

I think we're looking at a rainy game or at least a wet field so this one could go either way.

If that's the case, it will become a battle of the forwards so we should have the edge, surely.

Question - Whats the biggest winning margain for us in the past two years...? It wouldnt be more then 30 and I reckon it wouldnt have got over 20 on more then a couple of occasions. I want to see us put teams to the sword if we come out of the blocks hard early.

Probably when we put 50 on the Knights back in 2012 but from memory they scored about 24 points themselves.

I'm pretty sure we havent won by 30+ over the past 2 seasons.

Biggest winning margin is 26.

In 2012, we beat the Raiders by 24 points. We beat the Knights by 26 points.

In 2013, we beat the Titans by 26 points.

Thats a long way from the 70+ we put on the knights at Suncorp in 2007. How i miss those days.....

I was at that game, it was something that's for sure.

I was at that game, it was something that's for sure.

I remember being really annoyed because the TV guide advertised the Broncos Knights game was the channel 9 game, however they showed the crappy Tigers vs Panthers game.

Going out on a limb here and predict the Broncos will make this a statement game and hammer the Dragons. If they can put as many points as they did on the Roosters, they should be able to lift the bar higher again. Just a feeling but I think it's going to be a very good night tomorrow.

I also predict it will be a make or break game for Reed. If he plays poorly again I would seriously bring Oates to the starting side. Let's go.... smash the Dragons.

We should hopefully have a win and I agree with your team Sproj, a good line up and Corey Oates can make a big impact

It'll be interesting to see how the Broncos go. The Dragon games I've seen I don't think they've really come up against a side that's challenged them too much. Hopefully the Broncos utilize on their quick ball movement and catch a couple of the dragons defenders out wide.

Going out on a limb here and predict the Broncos will make this a statement game and hammer the Dragons. If they can put as many points as they did on the Roosters, they should be able to lift the bar higher again. Just a feeling but I think it's going to be a very good night tomorrow.

I also predict it will be a make or break game for Reed. If he plays poorly again I would seriously bring Oates to the starting side. Let's go.... smash the Dragons.

I hope so!! got $100 on them 13+ at $4.75

Could be in very sloppy game I think. I think Widdop and Beale will have a point to prove for the drags. If this weather persists it'll be a toss of the coin job

Yeah if it's wet I'll have to slightly favour the Dragons, the kicking game of Widdop may be the difference.

This game might be our version of last week for Dragons fans.

They have made a good start to the season by winning their first 3 games but their draw has been considerably easier than ours and by playing us after we've beaten Canterbury and North Queensland before coming within a whisker of beating the Roosters will show how far they have come plus the fact they haven't beaten us since 2010.

Cows and dogs were both average so I don't think we can say they were fantastic opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Aldo
  • cento
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Manlyman
  • Dash
  • barker
  • levikaden
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.