Round 4 Discussion

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Looks like the Panthers have filed a complaint about the state of the ground after losing Nathan Smith to what I believe is a serious injury. Just when you thought the Eels couldn't find new ways to fail, here they are, proving me wrong.

Also, great effort by the people of Perth tonight -- 15,599 crowd! The Roosters, on a Sunday afternoon, can't get that to one of their home games, and here Perth is, producing that sort of turnout for what frankly is nothing more than a so-so fixture. Considering the poor crowds the Titans get, and all the financial problems they've got themselves into, I'd happily fold them up if it meant that Perth got a team.

Looks like the Panthers have filed a complaint about the state of the ground after losing Nathan Smith to what I believe is a serious injury. Just when you thought the Eels couldn't find new ways to fail, here they are, proving me wrong.

Also, great effort by the people of Perth tonight -- 15,599 crowd! The Roosters, on a Sunday afternoon, can't get that to one of their home games, and here Perth is, producing that sort of turnout for what frankly is nothing more than a so-so fixture. Considering the poor crowds the Titans get, and all the financial problems they've got themselves into, I'd happily fold them up if it meant that Perth got a team.

It is amazing isn't it. The Roosters boast about being the only true foundation team but the only thing they have going for them is money. They have no real support, crap membership numbers and fail to draw anyone on a Sunday afternoon and it looks like they inflated the crowd figure for that game as well.

Plus another thing about the Perth game is it kicked off at 6pm local time. That is an extremely hard time for working families to get home from work and get to the game. If it was on Sunday afternoon with great weather, I reckon they get another 5,000. So it just makes it even more amazing.

Countdown to Kearney getting the axe is almost finished, isn't it?

Countdown to Kearney getting the axe is almost finished, isn't it?

It is getting close isn't it. What about their fans? Throwing 50 cent coins and other stuff onto the field and booing their team. I have been through this period for quite some time and their response as fans is just disgusting.

Parra played absolute bull**** for the 2nd week in a row. They are the worst team in the comp if you ask me, no urgency in defence, little gameplan, no confidence and a tough draw ahead.

That coupled with being the comps worst attacking and defensive team AND the worst points-difference,:lol:

I watched that game with mum, an Eels supporter. She was spitting chips. All the Eels fans I know are fuming about it, and it probably doesn't help that I was laughing my head off and playing the Benny Hill theme from my phone for most of the game.

Oh, did anyone see the Panthers' winger doing Victor Cruz's touchdown salsa after a try? Go the Giants.

Yeah that was pretty funny especially it was against Parra. The winger's name is Etu Uaisele and he played a fantastic match scoring a hatrick and with Mick Jennings emberassing Cheyse Blair and Willie Tonga.

Ryan Morgan*

Tonga was on the other side.

Just can't understand Parras failure with that stand out roster of theirs, must be the coach.

It has to be the coach Kearney. Retaining him is clueless as he has coached them for 2 years and has been unable to get them up despite having a talented roster. If Parra finish in the bottom 4 again (they most likely will) they should show him the door.

You can blame the coach and front office for a lot... but not for the complete lack of effort or care shown by the players last night. It was disgraceful.

Totally agree Dukey. Many of those Parra players need to show some heart and pride in their club as they have been gutless and shameful for 2 straight weeks. Fell so sorry for Hindy he plays himself to a stand still every week and gets results like that.

Titans really are no hope with Zillman at fullback. 5 year contract ffs. Warriors in front 6-0 early in their game today

Active Now

• Dash
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • achievedrap
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ezpz
  • Browny
  • Lozza
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.