Round 4 Discussion

Has anyone else recognised the huge gulf in class of the games between the Broncs/Cows and pretty much the entire rest of the round this week?

I've been fortunate enough to watch most of the games this year so far and honestly, both the Broncs and Cows look a grade above most other teams, except maybe the Dogs - and both the Broncs and Cows have plenty of improvement in them as well. Barring injury, I see absolutely no reason why we can't have an all-Qld GF again come the end of the year. I fully expect other teams to improve as well, but it's difficult to see many other teams reaching the standard I know last years grand finalists can provide.

Thoughts?

Has anyone else recognised the huge gulf in class of the games between the Broncs/Cows and pretty much the entire rest of the round this week?

I've been fortunate enough to watch most of the games this year so far and honestly, both the Broncs and Cows look a grade above most other teams, except maybe the Dogs - and both the Broncs and Cows have plenty of improvement in them as well. Barring injury, I see absolutely no reason why we can't have an all-Qld GF again come the end of the year. I fully expect other teams to improve as well, but it's difficult to see many other teams reaching the standard I know last years grand finalists can provide.

Thoughts?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But I would hate for it to happen tbh. Would rather the cows got knocked out nice and early. Would be even better if they got robbed lol.

7/8 for me btw. Damn Titans.

Last edited:
That's a ballsy call Dave.

I certainly hope you're right and would love to see those two teams duke it out on the big stage. Even from a neutral perspective, the Broncos/Cowboys games are great clashes that are usually played in the right spirit.

I'm going to be interested to see how other teams develop before I make any bold predictions like that. Still plenty of combinations forming and usually it's impossible to get a sense of any side until around round 8.

After all, weren't the wooden spooners 4-0 at this point last year?

I've gotta say, Barba has looked really good this year, he's actually backing himself when he breaks the line for the first time since 2012.

That's a ballsy call Dave.

I certainly hope you're right and would love to see those two teams duke it out on the big stage. Even from a neutral perspective, the Broncos/Cowboys games are great clashes that are usually played in the right spirit.

I'm going to be interested to see how other teams develop before I make any bold predictions like that. Still plenty of combinations forming and usually it's impossible to get a sense of any side until around round 8.

After all, weren't the wooden spooners 4-0 at this point last year?

I'm all balls, Pete :p

In all seriousness though, I feel the capacity of these two teams is a cut above what most others can produce. There's obviously a hell of a lot which must go right (injuries etc) along the way, but a repeat is certainly not out of the question if both teams can produce near to their potential for the games which matter throughout the season.

Don't get me wrong, there's been some entertaining play by other teams, a lot of grit and courage etc. I just think if every teams plays their best, the best of the Broncs/Cows is better than all bar the Dogs, maybe Storm...and it drops from there.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • DrGee
  • Wolfie
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • marw
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • TimWhatley
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • kman
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.