Round 4 Discussion

Completions look like the holy grail under the new rules. We must learn to get to our kicks and chase hard if we don't want to finish bottom 4.

I think it also shows, if you're having one of those days where everything sticks you can rack up a big score. It will increase the pressure on the opposition, but if you have momentum it is going to be hard to wrestle (pun intended) it back.

Lock in Parra vs Rorters for the grand final.

O'Brien is making an early case for Dally M coach of the season. He isn't exactly blessed with the best roster in the competition, but he's got them playing well drilled footy and he's getting good value out of his strike players. Ponga is looking far more threatening now that he isn't married to his left side play.

Ponga looks to have taken his game to the next level. His biggest weaknesses last year were drifting out of games and getting driven back on kick returns. He's now heavily involved in every attacking play and looks to have added some muscle over the break, was very strong tonight.

Good news for Queensland I guess..

Ponga looks to have taken his game to the next level. His biggest weaknesses last year were drifting out of games and getting driven back on kick returns. He's now heavily involved in every attacking play and looks to have added some muscle over the break, was very strong tonight.

Good news for Queensland I guess..
Yeah, I noticed that especially. After every Knights players was tackled, there was Ponga following in support.

Titans can score, what a dismal competition.

The fucking Titans are looking better than we do
[automerge]1591520378[/automerge]
Lets get Don up the road to play fullback. A real no bullshit footballer.

Last edited:
Wests started pretty well when they had a run of possession, but when they started running out of puff they give up a soft try and the Gold Coast get their customary Don try.

Gold Coast have to weather this early storm, they cannot afford a slow start like they did last week.

After reading a bit about Darryl Kelly and what he has put into the Titans I hope they find a bit of success for his sake.

Great kick from Fogarty and great chase from Tonumaipea, almost created a try out of nothing but the faintest of touches from Don denies them.

Don makes up for it with a wonderful mark.

Huge play.

Last edited:
Boyd looks alright out of dummy half maybe we should have kept him, even though hes a half.
Another one that got away.

Great try Titans, all off the back of an offload from Arrow early in the set which had the Tigers back-peddling. Taylor with some room summed it up perfectly and Kelly finished it off.

Kick goes wide and finally we have a back and forth game with a tight finish.

Lol@tigpies. Giving the Tits their first win in a year. Cheers for that.

Good onya Titans a qld team wins this weekend.

Boyd did look good at dummy half , even has that body shape of a tough nuggety 9.

I hate that short kick off rule, I have no idea why the defensive team can't make a play on it inside the 10m.

Still good for the Gold Coast, they backed each other on that last play and it was nice to see two juniors combine at the death. Kelly to Sami, that's the type of try you want to see as a fan.

The titans play with heart. Twice down by 10+ but stay in the game and grab the win late.

Things look to be moving in the right direction with Holbrook, particularly on the field. That's an impressive win with that much inexperience in the spine.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.