11. Trevor Gillmeister
12. Andrew Gee
13. Terry Matterson

14. Alan Cann
15. Brett Plowman
Coach: Phil GouldCoach: Wayne Bennett
Officials: Greg McCallumVenue: Penrith Park

Last edited:
O'Neil had such a good long kick in him - was like Lockyer 5 years before he rose in prominence.

O'Neil had such a good long kick in him - was like Lockyer 5 years before he rose in prominence.
Yeah he was the prototype for playmaking fullbacks like Lockyer, he just couldn't keep himself out of trouble no matter what club he went to.

Penrith all over Brisbane, finally earn their shot at the line and throw it all away with a sloppy offload and a cheap penalty from the scrum.

Then Brisbane score, classic Bennett rope-a-dope where they survive the early exchanges and respond with a try. I lost track of the amount of times Brisbane would do that in 2015-17.

Great play as well, Kerrod sparks it, I believe it was Matterson who changed the angle and Johns was just able to set it up.

Last edited:
Cracker try from Carne

What a lovely play with Kerrod Walters showing what a true Dummy half's job is sending Johns into a lovely gap and sending Carne in for a try. Damn I miss the toe punter goalkickers like Matterson haha.

Last edited:
it's been a while since i've seen that old toe poke goal kick, lol

Woah bit of a skip there, McCallum just gave a dud penalty to Penrith to bail them out of trouble.

Wow that 'forward' pass call from McCallum.

Hancock is having a strong game, took a great catch to keep Brisbane from working it out of their own corner and then made a strong run.

O'Neil with another great take.

Cartwright has been causing Brisbane some nightmares, clean straight through and O'Neil did well to clean that up in the in-goal.

O'Neill really was a top quality fullback

Tell you what I would love to have a fullback like Juilian O'Neill(without the offield issues) in the present day Broncos side, exactly what we need.

Somebody needs to hook Hohn, first the miss on Cartwright now the simple error when Brisbane were on top.

Cartwright has been causing Brisbane some nightmares, clean straight through and O'Neil did well to clean that up in the in-goal.
Panthers really starting to step up now, making real dents in the Broncos defence.
[automerge]1585907983[/automerge]
Justice lol with that call for a forward pass against the Panthers

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • The Strapper
  • broncsgoat
  • levikaden
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • johnny plath
  • Browny
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.